Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

webfact

As one very astute Scotsman pointed out. What was Zaw Lin's and Wai Phyo's motive for committing such a horrendous crime? The official line is that they were aroused by a couple walking by making out. If...as they say David and Hannah were making out...why then was not one single shred of David's DNA on Hannah?

TY - FH

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stop to criticize Thailand all the time! Its a commom sense allways to know it better! If someone is not happy with the things going on here,why not just leave?Nobody has to stay here its not a must.....we are all guests here and if we dont like the way it is, then just go back to your country.

And when back in your country then shure you start to criticize the goverment there and so it goes on and on?....

Let the Thai Police do there Job and enjoy the beautiful country here!

10 posts, wow.

Lets hope, by the time you reach the dizzy heights of 11 posts, you wise up.

I'm not holding my breath though.

coffee1.gif

Oh dear...Apologies. Posted this in the wrong thread. should be here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/883048-koh-tao-debacle-shoddy-work-from-beginning-to-end/page-14

Perhaps a mod can move it over. Thanks.

As one very astute Scotsman pointed out. What was Zaw Lin's and Wai Phyo's motive for committing such a horrendous crime? The official line is that they were aroused by a couple walking by making out. If...as they say David and Hannah were making out...why then was not one single shred of David's DNA on Hannah?

TY - FH

Thais never understand that by trying to save face they lose more face to the outside world who don't give a monkey's about their silly rules and etiquette. The problem is that they take themselves so seriously when everyone else just looks on rolling their eyes. How long can the world keep humouring these childish morons ?

I have been told by some Thais they don't care what the world thinks, it is their country. An insight into how many every day average Thais think? Hence the leadership seem to do what they damn well please and up urs sad.pngwai.gif

They have given very little to the world, apart from Red Bull and an Ebola cure, so perhaps they feel "the world" should butt out on their internal affairs? Just saying whistling.gif

This isn't an 'internal affair'. It involves British and Burmese nationals (and rather a lot of associated injustice). The world is perfectly entitled to not butt out.

I don't disagree with you, BUT the point is that many Thais don't care what "we" think. The world can say what it likes, entitled or not. That is reality. coffee1.gif

The question is, will the two Burmese lads that are under a death sentence, be allowed a good crack at an appeal period by the court system, say 2-3 years, or will the powers that be, do a quicky and put a needle in their arms ASAP.?

Personally, I have never believed they did it, but dead men don't or can't talk, can they.

Edited by khundon

I am sure she couldn't care less about what they do. If she is smart, she might even turn the heat up.

Meanwhile, old box head still roams the planet and he has caused Thailand so much more trouble than this.

Sad days indeed.

Jeez, you fanatics even manage to drag HIM into this thread. Did he also cause your latest dose of piles?

Apart from that, what other problems has he caused Thailand in the eyes of the world, pray tell?

Bit sensitive are we?

Before you go branding anyone a fanatic you need to be sure they are one. Find another post I made mentioning him, there's probably just 1 or 2 others in the last 8 years or so. Since when does mentioning someone a couple of times in 8 years make them a fanatic? Pray tell.

My point being, there are much bigger fish to fry in Thailand than the sister of a murder victim, don't you think? And yes, he'd be one of them, blind freddy can see that!

A thai judge told my friend in an accident summary that he was not at fault with , If you were not in Thailand the accident would not of Happened.

So was there not a curfew in place that all Bars had to be shut at twelve ???

I see that in Chiang Mai (thaksin territory) it is enforced.

So are not the Thai Ploice and Jaunta guilty of letting these bars stay open till all hours of the morning and just the recent death of the young man on Koh Tao a few days ago , when the bars were doing trade at early hours of the morning.

people obviously out of there faces able to be supplied with drugs and cocktails until they pass out, never drug tested by police, you might say what policeman would be brave enough to do this.

Does not our society/police, drug test people and refuse to serve them if thet look out of it, the person serving can be prosecuted as well as the bar.

Are the Thai police taking bribes to let them stay open so that Mon and all the other Mafia can sell there dope and cocktails, or do they have special exemption, I know bar owners that happily are paying police to stay open as most of us do.

So if this is the case these deaths would not have occured as they would not have been in the bars late at night, so then why arn't the Police resposible for enforcing this restriction sacked or prosecuted.

I think that if the police were doing there jobs these deaths would never have occured and some Police heads need to roll.

I hope the pm reads this and sacks all the police not closing bars at 12

Thai Murders - Local Justice On Trial

Excellent summary of the case from "The Diplomat"

http://thediplomat.com/2016/01/thai-murders-local-justice-on-trial/

The Diplomat states that Laura's Facebook page has been blocked by Thai authorities. Anyone outside Thailand can still see it or was that a slip of the pen?

I am currently in Germany and I have not been able to access the page for days now..... it is blocked.

It's not been blocked, it's been taken down by her. Edited by brewsterbudgen

The entire RTP needs to be moved to an inactive post.

Thought they did that 15 years ago.

coffee1.gif

Have the RTP ever been active?

I also find the R in their initials deeply insulting to His Majesty.

It's rather naive if you think corruption and skullduggery is limited to the police!

Then I express, this is only rumour.

Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.
Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

I think Laura would have mentioned a declined bribe from Thailand to keep their mouths shut and accept the verdict

She did:

"What if I told you that the thais offered us ‘compensation’ to try and keep us quiet?"

At least you qualified this as being a current circulating story of uncertain or doubtful truth. Give it a few more pages and someone will have it as fact.

But that's all it takes.

First it's just a rumor...

-Next person comes along "I heard they may had been bribed"

-Next one "I heard they were bribed"

-Next one "they were paid a bribe"

In other words the damage is done; well done kiwikeith in contributing to the hate campaign against the Miller family.

Edit: removed rumor.

Can I remind people that the Miller family also lost a love one and such besmirching of the family is unnecessary and uncalled for. Respect the Miller family in these difficult times (as much as) the Witheridges.

It seems apparent, that because the Witheridges are more in tune with a majority of posters that they attract the sympathy vote whereas the Millers being convinced of the B2's guilt receives nothing but abuse.

This entire story, starting with the murders, has been the worst I have seen since my stay in Thailand.

Thais need to understand that there will be a best seller book wrote about this and they can't stop it so they better start thinking about how they want the story to end.

I think Laura would have mentioned a declined bribe from Thailand to keep their mouths shut and accept the verdict

She did:

"What if I told you that the thais offered us ‘compensation’ to try and keep us quiet?"

That's not a rumor then, Thais tried to bribe one family of a murder victim, scandalous.

Edited by jacky54

This entire story, starting with the murders, has been the worst I have seen since my stay in Thailand.

Thais need to understand that there will be a best seller book wrote about this and they can't stop it so they better start thinking about how they want the story to end.

I think John Burdett would be well suited to write this Best Seller.

Thai Murders - Local Justice On Trial

Excellent summary of the case from "The Diplomat"

http://thediplomat.com/2016/01/thai-murders-local-justice-on-trial/

The Diplomat states that Laura's Facebook page has been blocked by Thai authorities. Anyone outside Thailand can still see it or was that a slip of the pen?

What interests me the most is:

Since when did what is basically just a computer game take on such international hegemony?

She did:

That's not a rumor then, Thais tried to bribe one family of a murder victim, scandalous.

Of course it's rumour, an unsubstantiated statement from a family member. As she stated, "so what if I told you." Well what if she told someone, she could tell any one a number of things and because she said it occurred, you're suggesting that it gives credence to the allegations she raised?

She did:

Of course it's rumour, an unsubstantiated statement from a family member. As she stated, "so what if I told you." Well what if she told someone, she could tell any one a number of things and because she said it occurred, you're suggesting that it gives credence to the allegations she raised?

Just how long have you lived here (if at all) to find it incredulous the Thais would NOT offer 'compensation' to someone to keep their mouths shut? huh.png

I live in Thailand, I accept the censorship, but I do not like it, if it becomes too big in my mind I can always leave

However in the free world there is freedom of speech

Well in EU media covers up immigrants rapes.

Not the media I'm reading / watching... coffee1.gif

But let's assume the media DOES hide those rapes, so be it, as the media is not there to solve crimes / protect people. The police is...

She did:

Your understanding of the word "rumour" is incorrect