Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

webfact

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a certain American who only referenced a link to a banned book. He was in the USA when he did this. Years later he came to Thailand and was arrested at the airport. Sentenced to, if I'm not mistaken, 15 years in prison. USA couldn't do anything to help. That was before this temporary government. If you try that now you might get two for the price of one. Talking about adding insult to injury...

She also wrote she had been threatened, chased, and offered bribes by Thais.

So she writes - now show us the proof of your accusations as you will need it if they do decide to press charges.

I assume that she must have proof of the 'chasing' element that she writes about, unless they sent someone to the UK to run after her!!

I'm afraid, that as far as I'm concerned she is telling porkies. Unless someone has been ringing her with threats or offers of money (which seems very unlikely) then any correspondence between the Thai authorities and her must have been carried out by 'words on paper' or electronically. Both of which she should be able to produce as evidence to fight her case should she be unluckily enough for them to follow through on their actions to sue her!!

Has Andy been in touch to act on her behalf, I wonder - probably not I would guess, as he has a few issues of his own to fight against!! For his sake, I hope that he employs a more capable defence team in his battles than those that botched the KT case so catastrophically.

Soooo...let me see, if I get this right: they will sue her...although she is not IN Thailand and -according to her remarks- never will be!

How and where do they sue her?

The Hague?

And what will be her punishment?

Will she not be allowed to ever enter Thailand again?

I guess, she will be heartbroken over that!

This is stupid on so many different levels!

But...did we expect otherwise?

No.

What are they going to do ...........get interpol to issue an arrest warrant on her because of statements made ( which in her own mind she believes to be true) in her home country where it is not an offence to make such comments. I guess she has no intention of ever travelling to thailand in the future, so they wont " pick her up at the border"

Is this what the cyber crime unit is really for ..........................to monitor all social media for any anti thai comments and then issue arrest warrants for those making the comments?

where the statements made are true or not.

Thailand is like an elephant... It never forgets...

Something doesn't have to be false to be defamation in Thailand. Idiot face thing.

Will the Junta never tire of bringing negative international attention to itself?

Do you realize that the commissioner of royal Thai police is not the junta right?

Well do consider this and judge for yourself whether he is connected to the junta. Pol Gen Chaktip is the lest senior of all the 5 deputy police chiefs who were candidates for the top post. However he has the closest ties with key military officers and good relationship with Dep PM Prawit, who is seen as a mover and shaker of the coup government. When meeting of the board to select the position, Prayuth was conspicuously absent and Prawit had free rein on the selection.

Good point well presented there Eric but you cannot expect grade A class 1 apologists like the poster and the likes of Balo to ever do anything other than try to defend the indefensible

They have gone too far down that road and they have shown exactly what they are and sad as that is they will never change but it would be interesting if karma did exist and I wonder how they might react if something similar happened in their lives....interesting hey...

We will prosecute the hacker machines and the sister (who is not in Thailand) of the murdered person just to show we do not condone criticism. Machines and her picture will be thrown into prison to teach them lesson!

C'mon Government, please belong to the real world and stop posturing about something over which you have no control. It does not show you in good light to the rest of the world. Leave that to the idiot North Korean leader, surely you are better than him? sad.png

So she writes - now show us the proof of your accusations as you will need it if they do decide to press charges.

I assume that she must have proof of the 'chasing' element that she writes about, unless they sent someone to the UK to run after her!!

I'm afraid, that as far as I'm concerned she is telling porkies. Unless someone has been ringing her with threats or offers of money (which seems very unlikely) then any correspondence between the Thai authorities and her must have been carried out by 'words on paper' or electronically. Both of which she should be able to produce as evidence to fight her case should she be unluckily enough for them to follow through on their actions to sue her!!

Has Andy been in touch to act on her behalf, I wonder - probably not I would guess, as he has a few issues of his own to fight against!! For his sake, I hope that he employs a more capable defence team in his battles than those that botched the KT case so catastrophically.

As the precedent has already been established she can use the same evidence gathering and presentation used in the B2 case, ie. whatever ever you like to say is ok, no need to produce anything as it is usually lost, used up or hearsay.

Just when i thought you couldn't sink any lower !!!

Her sister was murdered for Fxxksake !!..........If there was nothing amiss with the this whole charade she would be batting from your side !!

Truly disgusting the stuff you write!!

I am sure she is well aware how busy the RTP are at the moment.

She could offer to delay any return to Thailand until after the RTP finalise all the outstanding cases against that guy in Dubai , the red bull heir, the actress that crashed her car killing the policeman, the young girl who crashed into a tuk tuk pushing it off the elevated road and the many other unfinished court cases in this country .

I had a quick point to make on the other thread about this plus what has already been said by other posters, means I don't have anything to add. However, those mentioning the British government I feel, unfortunately, are right. Perhaps other British posters here receive the 'alerts' and will confirm that there has been, and today is nothing, in the 'alerts' about this situation.

Unless this minister will be given the job, Ha!

News story: More support for communities to end gang violence Minister for Preventing Abuse and Exploitation Karen Bradley announces new policy to tackle gang violence and exploitation.

I think this is a threat, and a stupid one, and to the stupid shiils on this site in answer to why she did not speak out on Killagains Island, ask yourself if you would be the big hero at the time, personaly I would wait as well and then attack using all media support along with a severe shame on you British government stance.

They probably have had a good education about this mafia controlled childrens playground since the case and would have been under intense stress at the time.

Good work Laura.

I think the Thai police are under a misconception. She never accused anybody of anything. Each of her statements began with the words "What if I told you...."

She implied...

But there again they will need an extradition warrant... and I am sure she is not going to come quietly.

The RTP will get a lot more unwanted negative publicity if they try.

I had a quick point to make on the other thread about this plus what has already been said by other posters, means I don't have anything to add. However, those mentioning the British government I feel, unfortunately, are right. Perhaps other British posters here receive the 'alerts' and will confirm that there has been, and today is nothing, in the 'alerts' about this situation.

Unless this minister will be given the job, Ha!

News story: More support for communities to end gang violence Minister for Preventing Abuse and Exploitation Karen Bradley announces new policy to tackle gang violence and exploitation.

laugh.png Sorry, 'British Embapussies' and 'alerts' cheesy.gif

What are you on about?

How would she provide "evidence" for all she said?

Pictures from her dashboard- camera to prove the chase?

You really think, someone in Thailand gave her an official "bribe note"?

What has Andy Hall to do with this?

He is defense lawyer- she is basically on the opposite side!

You have been very happy with a death sentence, based on nothing but hearsay, but now you want evidence?

I could tell you what I think of you, but I like my posting rights!

bah.gif

Edited by DM07

Why would Andy Hall be in touch with her? You had to mention Andy Hall as that fits your agenda, She is not a migrant. She cannot be charged as she lives in the UK. As for telling porkies...do you have a mirror? It's absolutely disgusting how low some will go. 'tick,tock,tick,tock'

Edited by Eirene

What are you on about?

How would she provide "evidence" for all she said?

Pictures from her dashboard- camera to prove the chase?

You really think, someone in Thailand gave her an official "bribe note"?

What has Andy Hall to do with this?

He is defense lawyer- she is basically on the opposite side!

You have been very happy with a death sentence, based on nothing but hearsay, but now you want evidence?

I could tell you what I think of you, but I like my posting rights!

bah.gif

Why do you believe her?