PCAD links 'in the past,’ says new govt spokesman

webfact

PCAD Links ‘In the Past,’ Says New Govt. Spokesman
By Pravit Rojanaphruk
Senior Staff Writer

14528366221452836811l.jpg
Photo: Courtesy Col. Atisith Chainuvati

BANGKOK — A newly appointed spokesman for the military government is playing down his ties to the movement which helped unseat the former civilian government.

Col. Atisith Chainuvati says he only participated in rallies, despite appearing in videos and photographs jovially celebrating the coup at a controversial, invitation-only party for the elite inner circle and leadership of the People’s Committee for Absolute Democracy with the King as Head of State, or PCAD.

However Atisith, who was appointed assistant government spokesman on Tuesday, said he only attended PCAD rallies and denied being a member, adding that it’s all the past now.

“I am not a member but had participated [in the rallies],” said the soft-spoken 44-year-old, who received his master’s degree in information systems management from the London School of Economics and a bachelor’s degree from the University of Connecticut.

PCAD, also known as the PDRC, was behind six months of street protests which paved the way for the military to seize power May 22, 2014. One week later Atisith was seen celebrating at a lavish party at an expensive French restaurant in the Thonglor area where he and other PCAD members dressed in military garb. PCAD leader Suthep Thaugsuban was the party emcee.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1452836622

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-01-15

So he was at the party where they are all decked out in army uniforms celebrating a military coup against an elected government.

"I only went to some rallies, I wasn't a member".

It's all alright though. He is of course one of the 'good' people.

Credit to the OED Synonyms of assistant in English.

Noun

subordinate, deputy, auxiliary, second, second in command, number two,lieutenant, right-hand man, right-hand woman, wingman, aide, personal assistant, PA, attendant, mate, apprentice, junior;henchman, underling, hired hand, hired help, servant;helper, aider, colleague, associate, partner, confederate, accomplice,collaborator, accessory, abetter, supporter, backerinformal vice, man/girl Friday, sidekick, skivvy, running dog, gofer, gopher

British informal, dogsbody, poodle

North American informal, body man Synonyms of assistant in English:

Yup, I understand what you are.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

The PDRC has close link to the military. Why is that news. We all know that. We also know that they have similar mission to rid Thaksin regime. Why deny when it is all so obvious. Final chapter is now on trial and mission accomplished.

Right! No reason to be surprised! There are already PDRC related people in the NLA, for example.

So he was at the party where they are all decked out in army uniforms celebrating a military coup against an elected government.

"I only went to some rallies, I wasn't a member".

It's all alright though. He is of course one of the 'good' people.

On the other hand we have Mr. 'I have done nothing wrong'.

News for some, there were parties all over the country where educated and informed Thais celebrated the removal of the country's parasites.

evidence? links please to verify your assertion that people dressed in Army clothes were having parties "all over the country" to celebrate the Junta's armed take-over as most of the "informed and educated Thais" I know were deeply sad and are getting sadder by the month