http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

ADMISSION AND TRANSIT RESTRICTIONS: The government of

Thailand:

1. may refuse admission to visitors:

- dressed in an offensive manner, e.g. only singlet or

waistcoat, shorts, silk pants, slippers or rubber/wooden

sandals, unless part of a national costume;

so basically, most of the tourists walking around Sukhumvit and Pattaya.... :o

Broad brush painter I see. Hmmm, I wonder what cess pool you hail from. This forum would be 75% less populous without those 2 very popular areas

- dressed in an offensive manner, e.g. only singlet or......slippers or rubber/wooden

Oh, thats ok for Australians. Singlet and thongs (Rubber Slippers) are the national dress :o

Khutan yes but if it states formal then be expected to wear leather thongs and possibly a bow tie with the singlet.

I did a Yahoo Images search for "australian national costume".

There was only one, single listing there. True, try it out.

Here is the linked image:

Australian National Costume:

So does this mean that Aussies can arrive nekkid 'cept for the thongs/flipflops?

I mean, if Yahoo sez that this IS the cozzy, then isn't that official?

PS: I also searched Google Images for "australian national costume" but there were NO results. Hmmm, wonder what that means? Maybe I better try Wikipedia?

post-28773-1161226311_thumb.jpg

Edited by southbot

- dressed in an offensive manner, e.g. only singlet or......slippers or rubber/wooden

Oh, thats ok for Australians. Singlet and thongs (Rubber Slippers) are the national dress :o

Khutan yes but if it states formal then be expected to wear leather thongs and possibly a bow tie with the singlet.

As its traditional in Oz to carry an esky full of beer, Will they let me in if im carrying an esky full of VB?

I dont really wanna have to check in my esky............................. :D

This information is so old.

I remember reading it back in the early 80s.

However you will always get a better reception if you dress smartly and have your hair cut neatly, wherever you go. :o

....As its traditional in Oz to carry an esky full of beer, Will they let me in if im carrying an esky full of VB?

I dont really wanna have to check in my esky............................. :o

Maybe we should all contribute to Wikipedia to have the dress of a footy / cricket Yobbo acknowledged as the Australian National Dress. Of course the Red Esky with the white lid would be an accessory to the National Dress.

just goes to show how thais treat farangs(caucasians)

The girl was Thai!!!!!

Why make such a dumb sweeping statement?

Exactly :o

But then some posters seem to have the IQ of a geranium

I saw a hippie once in 1972.

I think I also saw him in 1973 and he thought we were in 1971.chong.jpg

YES!!! That's the guy!!!

He had a shorter guy along with him... with a funny accent... and he kept on saying, "Man."

Was it this guy? Charles%20Manson0002.jpg

So American girls can still wear booty shorts, and tube tops showing off their muffin tops while wearing flip-flops.

Hey it seems my national costume is "whore" for most of the 16-28 crowd...

Holy crap, you've seen American girls in Thailand? I met one, once, but she was engaged to a guy that worked for the diplomatic corps. I didn't know our female counterparts, of their own volition, made it across the big ocean full of sea monsters, bird flu and natives waiting to kidnap pretty white girls so that they can be on Nancy Grace's show on CNN to the land of "Thar Be Dragons."

I saw a hippie once in 1972.

I think I also saw him in 1973 and he thought we were in 1971.chong.jpg

YES!!! That's the guy!!!

He had a shorter guy along with him... with a funny accent... and he kept on saying, "Man."

Was it this guy? Charles%20Manson0002.jpg

naw... that's not him... I dug around and found this picture of the two of them as we passed them on the street... they had just rolled down their window and a huge plume of smoke came out from inside their car... we all thought it was on fire, but there were no flames:

post-9005-1161253221_thumb.jpg

The guy in your picture was with the Young Republicans, wasn't he? I think he ran for Governor of California or something like that.

From this website:

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

ADMISSION AND TRANSIT RESTRICTIONS: The government of

Thailand:

1. may refuse admission to visitors:

- of hippy appearance with long, untidy and dirty

looking hair,

- dressed in an offensive manner, e.g. only singlet or

waistcoat, shorts, silk pants, slippers or rubber/wooden

Surely you are describing the national costume of English Football Fans! We'll be all right then :o

Holy crap, you've seen American girls in Thailand? I met one, once, but she was engaged to a guy that worked for the diplomatic corps. I didn't know our female counterparts, of their own volition, made it across the big ocean full of sea monsters, bird flu and natives waiting to kidnap pretty white girls so that they can be on Nancy Grace's show on CNN to the land of "Thar Be Dragons."

Yeah there are quite a few American girls here and there, look for a dumb blonde dressed way too skimpy for the culture with her ipod on...

I can only hope that these girls would go back to the safety of Nancy Grace so they can stay safe, far far away from me.

Nancy scares me :o