forgot to get re-entry visa for my 1 yr non 0 extention of stay!

i am so upset with myself! PLEASE HELP!!!

i know this has been discussed but regulations change all the time...

I forgot to get my reentry visa for my 1 yr non 0 extention of stay (based on marriage) ! i have done it for years but when i received my extention of stay in september 2015 i forgot to apply for the multiple entry visa!!!

i returned yesterday from a little roadtrip to Cambodia and my existing visa was nullified... now i am back on a 14 day tourist visa. <deleted>!!!

i usually deal with immigration at Nonthaburi (where I live)

1. Any one knows of a way to reinstate my old 1 yr extention of stay visa or is all lost?

2. i need to leave the country for Myanmar next month so IF i have to start the process again can i get the right visa (3month NON 0 based on marriage i guess?) in Yangoon? i heard some countries don't issue them any more.

3. if yangoon does not issue Non o marriange visas then which countries in the area still do?

4.once i extend the 3 month to 1 year will this be treated as a first time application? Difference would be i gueass that i need a statement from the neighbours again saying i live at my address with my wife and the 400.000 baht only need to be at bank account for 2 months not 3....?

5. when i come into thailand with my new NON O 3 month visa it can only be SIngle entry? Correct... i cant't leave the country and after 60 days i can apply for the 1 year (which will be under consideration from day 61-90,Correct?

thanks so much

1. It is lost.

2. You could get it in Yangon.

You could also possibley apply for a conversion to a 90 day non-o visa entry if you have the financial proof . Nonthaburi may be able to accept the application and send it to Bangkok for approval. You would probably need to apply for a 30 day extension of the 15 day entry you got in order to apply for it since you must have 15 days remaining on the entry. If you did the conversion you could get a re-entry permit to keep the 90 days valid after your trip next month.

3. Not needed.

4. You would have to ask Nonthaburi immigration that question. Since you have been getting extension they may not want the witness.

5. You could get a re-entry permit if needed,

thanks so much ubonjoe... i can arrange the fund to be on the account again but it would not show in my bankbook as 2 months.... my wife puts the 400 k every year 2 month prior onto my bank account and then she invests it for the rest of the year....

so monday morning we could get the money onto the account...and then show them at nonthaburi office my bankbook... normally they need letter from the bank??

what you think?

thanks so much ubonjoe... i can arrange the fund to be on the account again but it would not show in my bankbook as 2 months.... my wife puts the 400 k every year 2 month prior onto my bank account and then she invests it for the rest of the year....

so monday morning we could get the money onto the account...and then show them at nonthaburi office my bankbook... normally they need letter from the bank??

what you think?

To apply for the non immigrant visa (TM87 form) the money just needs to be in the bank no need for the 60 days. They will want the bank letter and updated bank book.

Your wife will need to be with you and you will need the same documents needed for the extension application.

May i know i should hand in the reentry form when the one year extension of stay has been approved(at the time i pay money)?

If you want to travel during the 90 day entry you will get from the visa you can apply for for a re-entry permit as soon as you have the entry stamp.

ok guys, thanks again for all your posts...here is my update to let you know how things went at immigration.

i went to my local nonthaburi office.

The only option i had was to extend my 14 day entry permit for another 60 days. Cost 1900 baht...needed wife present, marriage stuff, blue book wife, passport picture,

2. there is no way to change straight back to non O.

3. i could have gotten a multible entry for 3800 baht for this 2 month extention (i didn't because i will leave the country next month, and other time issues.)

4. if i have 400k on account for 2 month i could transfer the extention to a 3 month non o in 1 month, then change the 3 month to a 1 year. (always possible 30 days before the visa expires...

BTW... thai embassy in Myanmar confirmed via email that they are issuing 3 month NON o multible entry visas (based on marriage)

hope this helps and REMEMBER TO GET YOUR REENTRY PERMIT!!!!

ok guys, thanks again for all your posts...here is my update to let you know how things went at immigration.

The only option i had was to extend my 14 day entry permit for another 60 days. Cost 1900 baht...needed wife present, marriage stuff, blue book wife, passport picture,

3. i could have gotten a multible entry for 3800 baht for this 2 month extention (i didn't because i will leave the country next month, and other time issues.)

4. if i have 400k on account for 2 month i could transfer the extention to a 3 month non o in 1 month, then change the 3 month to a 1 year. (always possible 30 days before the visa expires...

BTW... thai embassy in Myanmar confirmed via email that they are issuing 3 month NON o multible entry visas (based on marriage)

1/2. In order to apply for the conversion to a non immigrant visa you must have 15 days remaining on your entry. Other offices would have done a 30 day extension of the entry and done the visa application during the same trip to the office.

3. I assume you got a single re-entry permit for your trip.

4. The money does not have to be in the bank for 2 months to apply for the non immigrant visa. Having the money in the bank on the date of application is the requirement.

Are you going to get a multiple entry visa instead of the extension?

ubonjoe,

we were told

1. irrelevant of 15 day or 30 day permit of stay it is not possible to change straight to non o.

2. you are writing: the money does not have to be in the bank for 2 months to apply for the non immigrant visa. Having the money in the bank on the date of application is the requirement.

who says that???

we were clearly tild money needs to be on account for 2 months...

3.i didn't get any reentry at this point...my situation a bit complex as i am buying land in myanmar at present which requires me to go a few times back and forward....

ubonjoe,

we were told

1. irrelevant of 15 day or 30 day permit of stay it is not possible to change straight to non o.

2. you are writing: the money does not have to be in the bank for 2 months to apply for the non immigrant visa. Having the money in the bank on the date of application is the requirement.

who says that???

we were clearly tild money needs to be on account for 2 months...

3.i d.idn't get any reentry at this point...my situation a bit complex as i am buying land in myanmar at present which requires me to go a few times back and forward....

They were just giving out incorrect info which not unusual for that immigration office.

From http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=service# You need IE to to get the info (I used IE tab on Chorme)

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR VISA OR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-O): FOR A FAMILY MEMBER OF A THAI (APPLICABLE ONLY PARENTS, SPOUSE OR CHILD.

The application must be submit at least 15 days before visa expiration and, in case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.

1. 1.2 Form TM.87 for the foreigner, who enters into Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in Thailand with a permit of stay for a period of 15 day, 30 days, 90 days and applies for non-immigrant visa
8. The following evidence of income must be submitted.
8.1 A guarantee letter from the local or overseas Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly income of the Applicant not less than Baht 40,000* per month; or
8.2 A guarantee letter in Thai language from the commercial bank in Thailand (Attention: Immigration Commissioner) and a copy of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a savings or fixed deposit account of not less than Baht 400,000*
(Documents under 8.1and 8.2 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.)

Many years ago I did just the same as you and the most painful part was the blistered ear I got from my wife's tongue lashing. It was worse than almost anything that Immigration could think up.

I never forgot again though.