Cost Of Health Certificate For Work Permit?

Hello,

My new employer requires a health certificate to accompany my work permit application. The HR director had made an appointment for me at a local clinic, and said the cost would be about B500. But then someone else at the office said the cert must come from a hospital, not a clinic.

Samitivej Hospital tells me the cost will be around B1500. Is this reasonable? I will be reimbursed but it does take a while and I'd like to keep costs down. Thanks for any info.

Samitivej is one of the more expensive hospitals. I think Bumrumgrad charged about 1,200Bt and I've heard as low as 800-900Bt at some smaller hospitals. 1,500Bt at Samitivej is about right.

I had my certificate done at Samitivej and they actually bothered to check things. At some hospitals the doctor just fills in the certificate based on you answers to a few questions.

Hi,

Mine was just under 1,000 baht and BNH and included a full check-up, however my colleague got the same certificate from a local 'doctor' in five minutes, answering just two questions, and paid less than 300 baht.

I hope that helps.

Andy.

I paid 30b at a clinic last year. A clinic or a cheap public hospital is all you need. They don't do a real checkup, they usually just ask "Are you OK?" and then fill out the certificate. At most they might take your blood pressure.

Double check with your HR dept. - you might need two originals. I had to go back and get a second certificate because my HR dept. didn't tell me how many certificates I needed!

Funny, the last time I went for a health certificate it was 100B, but then I never left the waiting room, my wife just explained what was needed.

A week later I turned up asking for another saying I was sick and could not work for 2 weeks - same routine.