Paying a transfer through ATM?

Hal65

Yes you can. From Bangkok Banks' website;

Round the Clock Service

You will need to have with you the name of the bank and the account number of the person or company receiving the money.
Your Bualuang ATM card entitles you to transfer 50,000 Bt per day, your Bualuang Premier card 150,000 Bt per day, and your Be1st debit card 500,000 Bt per day. You can transfer money between accounts within Bangkok Bank or to other banks' accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Have not done for years as use internet banking but recall transfer to other banks was not 50k when I did this and no indication why it did not process from ATM (luckily someone noticed and let me know). But yes you can make transfers - this is what all the con artists have people do.

has anyone done this?

Not exactly "transfer", but done multiple payments for domestic tickets in the past.

(in the meantime having a virtual CC, so no more need to get up from the chair).

At least once done payment for ToT via ATM (barcode reader).

I receive monthly transfers from a family member done at an ATM.

You can even use cash to be transfered at the CDM machines.

(all for a fee of course)

I can't tell you which menu you have to go through.

Maybe it can be found on the net.

Some general description here:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringWithinThailand/Pages/transferringwithinthailand.aspx

Edited by KhunBENQ

I can not garantuee that this is an up-to-date instruction.

Also the picture is very small/blurry.

If you zoom in you should understand what is meant.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringWithinThailand/ATMTransfers/Pages/StepbyStep.aspx

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yes that appears to be how I did it - but as said has been years so program may have changed a bit - but you need to select "other" on main screen to get to the transfer option.

OP seems to have had internet banking available and did it without need for ATM.

Yes you can. From Bangkok Banks' website;

Round the Clock Service

You will need to have with you the name of the bank and the account number of the person or company receiving the money.

Your Bualuang ATM card entitles you to transfer 50,000 Bt per day, your Bualuang Premier card 150,000 Bt per day, and your Be1st debit card 500,000 Bt per day. You can transfer money between accounts within Bangkok Bank or to other banks' accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

yes and you will also be smacked unreasonably for the service. do the same by walkin and it is free within the clearing area

No thanks to the walk-in. A lot more ATMs around my area and no waiting in line. As mentioned, I think internet is the best option for those of us who have it.

oh sorry, the golf and girls in my area arent as engaging as in yours.

ok so its off to the 7 for breakfast and to espy the hasbeens

Edited by loonytune