Poll: Man Spreading on baht buses -- scourge or plague?

Jingthing

67 members have voted

1. 1. Man Spreading on baht buses -- scourge or plague?

• Scourge
    • Plague
    • I don't use baht buses ... instead I'm killing the planet with my private vehicle

This poll is closed to new votes

Hmmmm ....that photo is a staged photo to make a point.....but anyhow.

Personally I have not seen that occurring in any abundance and certainly not like that ..but I have sat beside Thai guys ( because there is far more of them than Caucasian foreigners ) who do the man spread thing...but not to the extent seen in the photo.

You tend to touch legs anyhow when sitting in close proximity to people on either side of you but to the degree seen in the photo...Nope...never encountered that.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiots making foreigners even more disrespected by Thais.

More is not possible. Maximum disrespect was achieved centuries ago when foreigners first came to visit Thailand and started meddling in their affairs.

Edited by tropo

When Man Spreading Is Not So Funny

This thread was started for entertainment purposes only but I witnessed something tonight that I think is worth sharing ... when man spreading is not so funny.

Tonight on a baht bus at the infamous South Pattaya to Jomtien queue there were FOUR quite large Southern European men taking up one side that is normally required to take SIX people.

My side was filled up as normal.

Entering the bus was a mid-sized middle aged man carrying some kind of small tourism bag.

He approached to sit down on the side with FOUR and immediately saw the BIG MEN were all spread out and showed no sign of moving.

Because they were all quite large, there was no way SIX could of fit, but FIVE easily could have if they just quit the MAN SPREADING.

If it had been me, I would have PUSHED IT and demanded a seat on that side, even if meant sitting on them as I have sat so many times on brutish spreading Russian folk of all the sexes, but this man was overly polite and didn't even try. For me, high season in Pattaya means sitting on Russians season ... they almost always scoot over when you sit on them.

While this was happening I made eye contact with the big men and made a hand gesture to MOVE YOUR ASSES to make room! But they acted like nothing was happening. I regret not raising my voice to them now.

So the man who should have had a seat STOOD in the bus as the bus started moving.

He was not drunk but he did not look very fit and like I said he was carrying a smallish bag of some kind, in front of him

Not far into the journey as the bus came to speed the standing man lost his balance and very nearly fell off the truck, possibly in the direction of falling on his head. In other words, it might have killed him.

An important detail is that he was standing in the MIDDLE with no back support to stop a fall ... others were taking those places.

He was aided by some other passengers standing JUST IN TIME ... it was very close to a serious accident, but just barely diverted. Lucky!

Later on, going down the road, the standing man realized he had lost his wallet and phone ... perhaps something fell out of his back pockets ... not really sure.

Talk about a bad day ...

Not sure if the lost wallet and phone was related to the inconsiderate four man spreaders or not, but here was a case where potentially MAN SPREADING COULD KILL.

One man spreader is one thing. But put FOUR man spreaders in a row ...

I don't mention the nationality of the four Southern European men spreaders out of respect for that great boot of a nation! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jingthing

A long time ago I used to think that you used to be "weho", then I decided you weren't, now I'm back to undecided.

Well, Sir dude, I am big fan of weho's inimitable wit which he displayed during his short lived stay in Pattaya. Say no more. Really, say no more.

Who can ever forget the international incident at the Japanese chain restaurant over the pricing of sauce?

But alas, you be trollin' up the wrong tree1zgarz5.gif , so give it a rest, and get back to the matter at hand, or shall I say butt ... MAN SPREADING.

Edited by Jingthing