Rear view camera.

overherebc

Even if there is a law regarding it, it isn't being enforced.

I think there is a law in Thailand which states that you cannot watch your 2DIN screen while driving.

However, never seen it enforced here in Thailand.

I think there is a law in Thailand which states that you cannot watch your 2DIN screen while driving.

If you were watching a screen showing what was going on behind you it would mean you aren't paying enough attention to what's ahead. Unless you are reversing of course. So I'm still not sure what the OP actually wants.

If you were watching a screen showing what was going on behind you it would mean you aren't paying enough attention to what's ahead. Unless you are reversing of course. So I'm still not sure what the OP actually wants.

How is watching a screen to see what happens behind you different from watching a mirror to see what happens behind you (if you use it both in the same way).

If your constantly watching the screen I agree.. but that is probably not what the OP wants he wants to use it as a mirror as his mirrors are not that good.

Thats similar to suggesting that if someone uses their rear-view mirrors while driving (forwards) they are not paying attention to whats ahead.

I think the Op would like to set up something which improves upon his limited rear-view...

This seems like quite a responsible idea and I'm sure its possible.

Thats similar to suggesting that if someone uses their rear-view mirrors while driving (forwards) they are not paying attention to whats ahead.

I think the Op would like to set up something which improves upon his limited rear-view...

This seems like quite a responsible idea and I'm sure its possible.

Great minds think alike cheesy.gif

I often look in my mirrors whilst driving. I guess I aint paying enough attention to what's ahead whistling.gif

I often look in my mirrors whilst driving. I guess I aint paying enough attention to what's ahead whistling.gif

Probably not.

Probably not.

You dont use your mirrors ?

Probably not.

I constantly check my rear views. How else do you know what the idiots will do next?

Probably not.
I constantly check my rear views. How else do you know what the idiots will do next?

Ohh so you aint paying enough attention to what's ahead either.

It's really to try and compensate for massive blind spots ie cars that overtake and are not easily seen. Hence the large curved wing/door mirrors fitted nowadays. Could fit those but they would look very out of place on a 40 year old car.

Try one of those rear-view mirrors that clip over the existing one?

On my first bog-standard Ranger, I bought an after-market backup camera with the camera LCD display embedded in a rear-view mirror that clipped over the original. The bonus was the after-market mirror gave a wider angle view than the OEM one and certainly filled in the blind spots around the rear quarters. Bought the whole lot on eBay for about $40.

Complete waste of time, they the lens are designed to face down so all you will see is the road and things that are about 8 feet away.

Added to that they only run when in reverse as it's illegal to fit any other way. TIT so could be done. But why bother just to look at the road.

Our house is surrounded by a two meter high wall. When I back out of the garage, as soon as I start turning and the back of the truck is beyond the wall, the camera can see if anything is coming or not. There are many dirt roads between rice paddies around here. It's very difficult to find a place to turn around. I have often had to back up a couple hundred meters on these narrow roads. The screen for the camera shows green lines the width of the truck. That makes it much easier backing than using the mirrors.

Complete waste of time, they the lens are designed to face down so all you will see is the road and things that are about 8 feet away.

Added to that they only run when in reverse as it's illegal to fit any other way. TIT so could be done. But why bother just to look at the road.

I wasn't suggesting installing an always-on, rear-view camera. My point was, "The bonus was the after-market (rear view) mirror gave a wider angle view than the OEM one and certainly filled in the blind spots around the rear quarters."

I wasn't suggesting installing an always-on, rear-view camera. My point was, "The bonus was the after-market (rear view) mirror gave a wider angle view than the OEM one and certainly filled in the blind spots around the rear quarters."

That one is worth looking into, no pun intended.

Sorry if you thought I was referring to your post. I was referring to a permanent rear view camera. Being a waste of time.