Suggestion for places worth visiting/seeing outside Bangkok

iammarilou

As what my title says, I'm looking for suggestions for places to visit outside Bangkok for a day or two. Preferably just an hour or two drive from the city. Somewhere not too touristy and open on weekdays. Gardens, mountains and that kind of stuff would be nice.

Thanks.

Ancient City Samutprakarn and then on to Bang Poo Seaside recreational centre. On the way back call in for Sea Food next to the sea at Sai Lom Sea Food Restaurant Bang Saen II. Turn left immediately after the Caltex Petrol Station.

There is also the crocodile farm nearby but it is perhaps to touristy for your taste. If you do not have a car you can get there by BTS to Bearing Station and then catch a bus or taxi.

Edited by Estrada

Ancient City Samutprakarn and then on to Bang Poo Seaside recreational centre. On the way back call in for Sea Food next to the sea at Sai Lom Sea Food Restaurant Bang Saen II. Turn left immediately after the Caltex Petrol Station.

There is also the crocodile farm nearby but it is perhaps to touristy for your taste. If you do not have a car you can get there by BTS to Bearing Station and then catch a bus or taxi.

I agree, that be a nice day trip. I live in the area and often go to sailom seafood. The wat I mention below was a new find for me.

Ancient City is worth an hour or two.

Continue on Sukhumvit Rd in the direction away from Bangkok and uturn to Bangpoo/Bangpu Recreational..there's easy parking and a pier, people come to feed the seagullshwhich winter there from europe.

Then drive back along sukhumvit towards Bangkok to Sailom seafood (put this in to google maps and you'll find it

ร้านอาหารสายลม); a very nice restaurant chain, this one is right on the seafront, recently modernised, it's very popular).

Continue back along Sukhumvit maybe 1 or 2km towards BKK and visit this great wat (Wat Asokaram วัดอโศการาม).

]

Depends a little if you have own transportation and can speak Thai.

I can suggest you Kampeang Saen Campus of Kasetsart University in Kampeang Saen, Nakhon Pathom Province. It's like a huge park and they also have accommodation there. You can get there by van and bus.

Jedkod National Park at the border of Khao Yai NP. But you need own transportation.

There is a lake right beside the highway a little past Saraburi. Very quiet, they have rooms on a lake raft. Can do many things there.

Kaeng Krachan National Park in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province.

Surely you must be joking. There's nothing worth seeing outside Bangkok. Everything you could possibly need to buy or do is right there in the middle of Bangkok, why waste your time and money leaving it? Bangkok is the city that truly has everything, including Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy and Patpong.

There's a circus not that far from Bangkok if your interested ...... it's called Pattaya ! gigglem.gif

Thanks. But Im a woman and I've been to Pattaya 3 years ago. Not my thing.

A short outing. Paradise shopping mall (refurbished a few years back and now very good with a Foodland) on srinakarin road followed by a few hours in Rama IX park behind it. There's also Megabangba/ikea worth visiting on bangna trat road about 20 minutes drive away.

There's a circus not that far from Bangkok if your interested ...... it's called Pattaya ! gigglem.gif

A short outing. Paradise shopping mall (refurbished a few years back and now very good with a Foodland) on srinakarin road followed by a few hours in Rama IX park behind it. There's also Megabangba/ikea worth visiting on bangna trat road about 20 minutes drive away.

Thanks. Im in Mega Bangna almost everyday (except weekend) for coffee. biggrin.png I am also currently staying near a Paradise Mall.

Pattaya, it's not just Pattaya Beach anymore.

The OP said an hour or two drive, many here are suggesting longer travels.