NCPO spokesman says arrest of activist is made in a complaisant manner

webfact

Military Junta spokesman says arrest of activist is made in a complaisant manner

160-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The military said today security personnel treated a student activist in a complaisant manner during the lawful detention of him last night.

Clarification by spokesman of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) Col Winthai Suvaree came after the arrested student, Sirawich Serithiwat or “Ja New” claimed he was blind-folded, abused and assaulted by a group of uniformed men who he described “abducted” him while he was with friends in front of Thammasat University Rangsit Campus.

Spokesman of the military junta Col Winthai said Army officers have performed their duties lawfully and within the boundary of law.

The lawful arrest was made in a complaisant manner with regard to honour and respect for the suspect, and with no use of violent means, Col Winthai said.

He affirmed there was no use of force as some trying to distort.

He explained that the officers resorted to cooperation as priority in making arrest.

But in the case of Ja New, or some people, they seemed not to understand and refused to give cooperation which prompted authorities to seek warrant for his arrest.

However Col Winthai noted that the student activist had recently turned to behave more provocatively with unknown intention.

This prompted security authorities to act with caution as they could fall into the hand of I’ll intention people to tarnish the image of the military, the spokesman said.

In a brief video clip posted to Facebook by New Democracy Movement – NDM after visiting him in custody at Nimitmai police station last night, Ja New claimed he was slapped in the head and back, and verbally abused after being blindfolded and taken away in an abduction-like operation late last night.

According to Khaosod English, the fourth-year political science student of Thammasat University said the abuse came at the hands of unidentified, uniformed men who forced him into a vehicle at 10:37pm.

“When I was taken into the vehicle, my face was covered, and on top of that, a rubber band was placed over my eyes, so I couldn’t see anything,” he said in the video clip.

He said the vehicle drove him around for a long time, with about 20 turns taken before he was taken out to a place he reckoned was a field

“They dragged me into a grassy jungle… and forced me to squat, but I refused.”

At that point, he said, the men kicked him down onto the ground.

“Then they walked to me and began verbally reprimanding me: ‘You want to become famous? Why are you talking with journalists? Are you conspiring with journalists? You have no religion or faith? Do you know your duty? What have you done for the country?’” he said, according to Prachathai news website.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/147596

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-21

so earlier today we saw the bullsh*t piece where his fellow activists said they didnt know where he was/what happened to him/who took him yet now we find out they went to see him last night and made a video of it, seems that there is a lot of crap being spread to garner sympathy/support. Anything these activist say now will simply not be believable as they have shown they are prepared to do what ever it takes to highlight themselves. After making up the bullsh*t statement after his arrest they now want everyone to believe his side of the story, something that only a brainless idiot would perceive to be the truth, they should have been honest from the start instead of twisting the facts, all this had done is make any future statements to be simply innuendo and lies. I suppose seeing this activist leader is a law student he has to learn/practice his trade now so he can be like some others in his profession that put honesty at the bottom of their list of achievements, this has derailed them totally with their dishonesty in full show for everyone to see.

Military Junta spokesman says arrest of activist is made in a complaisant manner

160-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The military said today security personnel treated a student activist in a complaisant manner during the lawful detention of him last night.

Clarification by spokesman of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) Col Winthai Suvaree came after the arrested student, Sirawich Serithiwat or Ja New claimed he was blind-folded, abused and assaulted by a group of uniformed men who he described abducted him while he was with friends in front of Thammasat University Rangsit Campus.

Spokesman of the military junta Col Winthai said Army officers have performed their duties lawfully and within the boundary of law.

The lawful arrest was made in a complaisant manner with regard to honour and respect for the suspect, and with no use of violent means, Col Winthai said.

He affirmed there was no use of force as some trying to distort.

He explained that the officers resorted to cooperation as priority in making arrest.

But in the case of Ja New, or some people, they seemed not to understand and refused to give cooperation which prompted authorities to seek warrant for his arrest.

However Col Winthai noted that the student activist had recently turned to behave more provocatively with unknown intention.

This prompted security authorities to act with caution as they could fall into the hand of Ill intention people to tarnish the image of the military, the spokesman said.

In a brief video clip posted to Facebook by New Democracy Movement NDM after visiting him in custody at Nimitmai police station last night, Ja New claimed he was slapped in the head and back, and verbally abused after being blindfolded and taken away in an abduction-like operation late last night.

According to Khaosod English, the fourth-year political science student of Thammasat University said the abuse came at the hands of unidentified, uniformed men who forced him into a vehicle at 10:37pm.

When I was taken into the vehicle, my face was covered, and on top of that, a rubber band was placed over my eyes, so I couldnt see anything, he said in the video clip.

He said the vehicle drove him around for a long time, with about 20 turns taken before he was taken out to a place he reckoned was a field

They dragged me into a grassy jungle and forced me to squat, but I refused.

Then they walked to me and began verbally reprimanding me: You want to become famous? Why are you talking with journalists? Are you conspiring with journalists? You have no religion or faith? Do you know your duty? What have you done for the country? he said, according to Prachathai news website.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/147596

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-01-21

So is this what they mean by " Attitude adjustment "?

I can't seem to find any of the viral photographs and videos of the 'abduction'.

If he was 'abducted' while with a group of friends i would imagine there would be plenty.

Everything like this goes viral now-a-days......................................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

Complaisant? Dictionary definition: "Willing or eager to please other people : easily convinced to do what other people want."

For once they used the right word.

I suggest a better word ought to have been "complacent" - = self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies.

More disingenuous nonsense from this empty headed mouthpiece. The RTA is doing a pretty bang up job of wrecking its already pretty shabby reputation by defending the indefensible and somehow overlooking the fact that the video of the arrest has gone viral and many people have seen it.

As for blindfolding of suspects, standard military ops, after the 2010 crackdown was done a lot of the hardline reds were sat down with blindfolds on in clear view.

I suspect this Ja New's fame is the only bargaining chip he has now. He is widely known & can't be silenced quite so easily as someone less known could (if the tactic du jour required such a measure that is).

so earlier today we saw the bullsh*t piece where his fellow activists said they didnt know where he was/what happened to him/who took him yet now we find out they went to see him last night and made a video of it, seems that there is a lot of crap being spread to garner sympathy/support. Anything these activist say now will simply not be believable as they have shown they are prepared to do what ever it takes to highlight themselves. After making up the bullsh*t statement after his arrest they now want everyone to believe his side of the story, something that only a brainless idiot would perceive to be the truth, they should have been honest from the start instead of twisting the facts, all this had done is make any future statements to be simply innuendo and lies. I suppose seeing this activist leader is a law student he has to learn/practice his trade now so he can be like some others in his profession that put honesty at the bottom of their list of achievements, this has derailed them totally with their dishonesty in full show for everyone to see.

the only BS here is coming from you as per usual

How is that kool aid tasting?

This government is repressing people's rights, locking them up in military governments and giving them court martials. Yet it is the students who dare point out corruption that are wrong?

How yellow is your kool aid?

Anything these activist say now will simply not be believable

"There will be no coup."

"The single gateway was just an idea for discussion."

Etc.

You people will never change your tune now if you haven't already, but unfortunately that's left you with nowhere else to go but diversion and hypocrisy.

'But Thaksin....'

You have no arguments left and you've been silenced in the majority of news topics. You are, for all intents and purposes, unreasonable people. How you sleep at night reflects your personal morality.

Complaisant? Dictionary definition: "Willing or eager to please other people : easily convinced to do what other people want."

For once they used the right word.

I think they meant complacent:too confident and relaxed because you think you can deal with something easily, even though this may not be true

biggrin.png

You're so funny!

You're so funny!

No he isn't. He's just a sad, sad person.

What an extraordinary series of conclusions......

But then again, I suppose knowing where you are coming from!

“When I was taken into the vehicle, my face was covered, and on top of that, a rubber band was placed over my eyes, so I couldn’t see anything,” he said in the video clip.

“Then they walked to me and began verbally reprimanding me: ‘You want to become famous? Why are you talking with journalists? Are you conspiring with journalists? You have no religion or faith? Do you know your duty? What have you done for the country?’” he said, according to Prachathai news website.

Is that it? Worst things happen at lunch break with my matayom student's. What a baby. Enlist him into the military, he'll come round then, big girls blouse.

Got to wonder what they are trying to distract people from by bringing the park scandal back into the limelight....

It made 3 lines on the bottom of Faux News Channel. Its the number one news channel. A good example of what we can expect here in the future.

Is that it? Worst things happen at lunch break with my matayom student's. What a baby. Enlist him into the military, he'll come round then, big girls blouse.

For your own sake I hope you're trolling.