Arrested for being black?

ev1lchris

I was walking around when I saw a friend in a police cage. He said hi but then they drove off. It was a cage connected to a truck.

Then later I find out that the police stopped him because he was black but let him go because he didn't do anything.

What the hell is wrong with this country?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a load of BS. That kind of stuff happens in the US all the time, but not over here. Either your friend brought his values here with him and imagined some or all, or you are a troll.

Did they shoot him too?

Edited by mesquite

Gee think about it.Maybe a crime had just been committed by a black in the area and picked him up to be in the line up for witness identification. Many reasons they could have picked him up.Or was picked up for being black just his excuse so he did not have to tell you the real reason.

Your friend must have done something that wasn't cool. Maybe only looking for a few noses?

If that would be true, why did I never read something similar before??????

Whenever I go to Bangkok and walk around near Sukhumvit, I can see exactly who's dealing, while the cops are chasing white guys who throw cigarette buds away....

All the Nigerians might make it difficult for Americans, or Brits. Are you sure that he isn't doing drugs?

They follow a dealer, see your friend talking to him and wusshh. Just one possible scenario.

Edited by lostinisaan

I was walking around when I saw a friend in a police cage. He said hi but then they drove off. It was a cage connected to a truck.

Then later I find out that the police stopped him because he was black but let him go because he didn't do anything.

What the hell is wrong with this country?

Depends.

which of the lower 48 states are you in?

Sounds to me like he's been brainwashed into believing all that anti-black hysteria in the US and thinking it happens over here. I bet the next thing he'll be doing is talking about Thailand's "white privilege."

Obviously, you're an East Texas "good ole boy" sleeping deeply, eh?coffee1.gif

I think you'll find your "friend" was indeed a crack cocaine dealer. Did you meet him over here?

If there's some "chicken-hearted" personal slight you wish to convey, directly to me, then you're welcome to meet with me, on the PM board, then we"ll take it from there, sir. Otherwise, stay on topic. Capiche?

Edited by NativeSon360

Was your friend from Nigeria .. the scam capital of the world. I'm sure they had reason. whistling.gif

should round up a few more ....

I've always considered you to be one of the more "thoughtful" posters to the forum. Everyone has their own particular down-side, I suppose. So why should you be an exception? wai.gif

Anyway, FYI ~ the Nigerians are insignificant "babes_in_the_woods", compared with that gang of international "great white sharks" infesting the Wall Street, London and Shanghai Stock Exchanges.whistling.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

He's a black American and he was just hanging around Soi 22.

It was funny to see him in a cage, it was like <deleted>.

When you say just hanging around, what do you mean? Was he eating lunch inside a cafe or was he outside somewhere, loitering with intent?

I think you'll find your "friend" was indeed a crack cocaine dealer. Did you meet him over here?

If there's some "chicken-hearted" personal slight you wish to convey, directly to me, then you're welcome to meet with me, on the PM board, then we"ll take it from there, sir. Otherwise, stay on topic. Capiche?
Save that sort of cobblers for the General forum. If you can't take it, stay out of the Pub

What evidence do you have to support that assertion?

Or do you just assume that any black person in Thailand is selling drugs?

Spot-on CH clap2.gifbut as you know, people take either their knowledge, or their own ignorance, with themselves, everywhere they go.coffee1.gif

He's a black American and he was just hanging around Soi 22.

It was funny to see him in a cage, it was like <deleted>.

When you say just hanging around, what do you mean? Was he eating lunch inside a cafe or was he outside somewhere, loitering with intent?
he may just have been loitering.

What evidence do you have to support that assertion?

Or do you just assume that any black person in Thailand is selling drugs?

Spot-on CH clap2.gifbut as you know, people take either their knowledge, or their own ignorance, with themselves, everywhere they go.coffee1.gif
I think he probably knows the bloke; maybe his dealer

The reason there is so much racism towards people of African and African-American descent in Thailand's expatriate community is simple.

Many (not all) of the expatriate community come from middle and lower middle income socio-economic backgrounds which happen to be the groups most threatened by what they perceive as the encrouchment of non-white and other ethnic groups on their socio-economic status.

Many find It humiliating that African and African-American guys can get laid over here as easily (and sometimes more easily) than they can.

These are the guys who take such pleasure in promulgating the myth that Thais are racist towards blacks.

Anecdotal evidence on the web of African and African-American people complaining about racism in Thailand is very scarce. Even in the rare instances where African or African-American people have complained about racism on TVF, there is almost never a chorus of other people of color joining in to make similar complaints. These complaints about "Thai racism" invariably seem to be voiced on behalf of a black person by some white guy.

This thread is a prime example.

Edited by Gecko123

Save that sort of cobblers for the General forum. If you can't take it, stay out of the Pub

Rest assured, I can definitely take it, SC. I can also deliver it, exceeding well, as you "bloody-well" know it to be true of me!~ Now lighten-it up, on your own part, then we'll all proceed, as polite adults. wai.gifK?

Edited by NativeSon360