Any tips for applying for retirement ext at Ayutthaya?

I'm going for my first extension of stay early next month. I'll have no problems meeting the criteria (55 years old, from England and have kept over 1m THB in a Thai bank for several months).

I've seen lots of posts about applying in CM, BKK, Phuket and Pattaya but nothing relating to my (not so) local office.

I went there for a letter re my address for my driving licence application and found them very helpful and efficient but I appreciate that this is a different process altogether, so, any advice would be appreciated.

The best advice is to visit the office and ask them exactly what they want.

They should just want the regular requirements. It would also be an idea to get the owner/house-master of the property to complete a TM30 form (if not already done) as that seems to be the flavour of the month.

They should just want the regular requirements. It would also be an idea to get the owner/house-master of the property to complete a TM30 form (if not already done) as that seems to be the flavour of the month.

Or he could just report the new address at his next 90 day report and likely have no problem. I've been here for many years and wouldn't even know of the existence of of tm28s and tm30s if it wasn't for this forum. And i'd guess most expats just live here happily, ignorant of such technicalities.

Thanks for the replies and advice. They gave me a checklist before, my wife owns "our" house and will accompany me with her papers / book.

I have been through the Mrs BM attitude adjustment course in relation to dealing with Thai officialdom, so no issues with smiling and keeping patient.

We've asked them about TM30 on a few occasions but they don't seem at all interested.

I'll post an update next month after I submit my application.

• Like 1

Or he could just report the new address at his next 90 day report and likely have no problem. I've been here for many years and wouldn't even know of the existence of of tm28s and tm30s if it wasn't for this forum. And i'd guess most expats just live here happily, ignorant of such technicalities.

Until they turn up to submit an application and get fined 800 Baht for not having one. As my mate did the other week in Khon Kaen. sad.png

Always best to check.

Until they turn up to submit an application and get fined 800 Baht for not having one. As my mate did the other week in Khon Kaen. sad.png

Always best to check.

A measly 800 baht to spend 8 years not having to pay any attention to such things. That would be great assuming I'd even ever have to pay the 800 baht.

He hasn't changed address as far as I read. He was asking about the requirements for an extension of stay. Some offices are asking for a TM30 completed by the owner at these renewals, so i am just passing that information on. My office have asked for it at the last two renewals.

Buy some cake for the big lady at the first stage of the office, if she is not there, give it to the lady at the last desk.

I had alway a good treatment, and lot of fun there, never any problem. Before my perminent permit i went there many times.

If you go there every time for extension bring some candy, they will remember, and always ready to help you. No not bribe with candy, just keep a good friendship and be friendly.

• Like 1