The world’s first levitating cinematic theatre complex to open in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

Where on Threppasit Road? There isn't a bit of it where traffic isn't a problem most times of the day.

I suppose we will have huge coaches turning in and out of there now holding everyone up?

I believe that it is this place, but I could be wrong.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/885126-what-are-they-building-here/

Tickets at 2000/3000 baht ? Exactly what kind of customers do they expect to have ?

Group tourism in Pattaya is ultra-cheap tourism, so forget about those.

Expats in Pattaya are normally fairly well off, but not rich, and definitely not stupid (except when it comes to sex). Forget about them.

Short term tourists willing to spend that much for an evening at the movies ? I bet there will be a very small proportion.

So ... this is yet another massive investment made without any serious survey of the actual market. Typical. Most of the really big investments in this country are made by über-rich people who think that their 'brilliant ideas' are worth a thousand surveys. To see how many of these projects shortly end up in total dereliction and failure, one only needs to look around. Eyesores all over the place.

Interesting question : how come the banks participate in such absurd projects ? Answer : Because the banks here do not function like normal banks, they are mere toys in the hands of the very rich. All the high posts are given to people who are either members of the very rich circles or their courtesans.

Edited by Yann55

The headline speaks of a world's first levitating theatre, but not a word of explanation of this levitation in the article. Also with a screen size 3 times larger than Imax. You will likely need to sit across the street to view it.

No one has mentioned yet the ridiculous name of D-luck. Either an attempt to say deluxe but no one on the team literate enough to spot the error. Or it is a play on Good luck, mixing Thai and English in a way no one will understand.

Another Mensan effort in LOS.

Interesting that if your try a Google search of levitating theatre the only results your get are back to Thai Visa

I guess that is what happens when you try and be the worlds first

Thailand , the hub of levitating movie theaters and other flying s%&t

Edited by sirineou

"including a CGI projectection screen, which is three times the size of a regular IMAX screen and expected to be the biggest in Southeast Asia."

three times the size or three times the RESOLUTION of IMAX? Big difference.

Who knows? They can't even spell projection.

Tickets at 2000/3000 baht ? Exactly what kind of customers do they expect to have ?

Group tourism in Pattaya is ultra-cheap tourism, so forget about those.

Expats in Pattaya are normally fairly well off, but not rich, and definitely not stupid (except when it comes to sex). Forget about them.

Short term tourists willing to spend that much for an evening at the movies ? I bet there will be a very small proportion.

So ... this is yet another massive investment made without any serious survey of the actual market. Typical. Most of the really big investments in this country are made by über-rich people who think that their 'brilliant ideas' are worth a thousand surveys. To see how many of these projects shortly end up in total dereliction and failure, one only needs to look around. Eyesores all over the place.

Interesting question : how come the banks participate in such absurd projects ? Answer : Because the banks here do not function like normal banks, they are mere toys in the hands of the very rich. All the high posts are given to people who are either members of the very rich circles or their courtesans.

Why do you think that group tourism is ultra-cheap? Sure, the initial deals that group-tourists sign up for may be very low cost, but they still have money in their pockets for spending.

I think you may be missing the point... Group tours are all about up-selling, and an attraction such as this will be almost exclusively targeting the group tours and the publicly displayed/advertised entrance fee of 2,000/3,000 Baht is in place to ensure that Mr & Mrs Chinese Tourist think they have got a good deal because they only had to pay $40 each to upgrade from the trip to the ever-so-exciting-sounding Bottle Museum that was part of the original itinerary on Day 2 of the group tour they booked.

On top of that they and their bus-mates are quite happy to go shopping for souvenirs in the gift shop afterwards whilst they wait the pre-planned 45 minutes for their bus to arrive, and no-one complains at paying 120 Baht for a Cornetto at the ice cream stand because they haven't quite figured out the currency yet...

The banks are possibly not as silly as you think.

• 3 months later...

So expensive to build and so ridiculous ticket prices, I wonder what is their business plan ?

The list prices may be high but I expect that the bulk of sales will be made via agencies and tour operators, and that the actual amount received for most tickets will be much lower.

And of course there will always be people who will pay for any ridiculous attraction, and apparently the more tasteless the better.

2000/3000 THB , good luck with that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yeah, count me out. 4000/6000 THB per couple? Ridiculous!... and here I am complaining about a 4000 baht electric bill this month.

Edited by tropo

Great. Now thepprasit rd will be truely screwed.

I doubt it. At those prices no one will be queuing up.

Maybe 400 for Thai and 4000 for farang ?