With all the teething problems Windows 10 seem to be experiencing,.....

giddyup

Yet they say they are not spying but ?

I didn't say they are not spying. I said they don't install "spyware crap" that you can remove.

It's all in the settings and registry.

I use this to disable them: https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

But there can be consequences. By way of an example, if you turn off certain settings the "Insider Builds" button is disabled.

Understood loud and clear but i would think the way i have done it will be a lot more cleaner and physically remove it from the iso compared to the other routes / tools plus if ? ever had a problem am not messing about with tools .. and can go and do my tasks also just sorted out drivers / windows updates for my os just need to figure out stuff with services tweaks and regedit tweaks plus also see about importing some other software so can be installed when installing the os and less time consuming?

Physically remove what from the ISO?

Your talking about settings like this:

windows-10-privacy-settings-b-400x318.jp

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yet they say they are not spying but ?

I didn't say they are not spying. I said they don't install "spyware crap" that you can remove.

It's all in the settings and registry.

I use this to disable them: https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

But there can be consequences. By way of an example, if you turn off certain settings the "Insider Builds" button is disabled.

Understood loud and clear but i would think the way i have done it will be a lot more cleaner and physically remove it from the iso compared to the other routes / tools plus if ? ever had a problem am not messing about with tools .. and can go and do my tasks also just sorted out drivers / windows updates for my os just need to figure out stuff with services tweaks and regedit tweaks plus also see about importing some other software so can be installed when installing the os and less time consuming?

Physically remove what from the ISO?

Your talking about settings like this:

windows-10-privacy-settings-b-400x318.jp

No the telemetry packages in Windows 10 ? but them settings are also disabled and even i can't touch them because locked off?

On a slightly different tack. I tried didn't like it, mainly since for my aging Alienware laptop there were a significant number of drivers not supported, and for what I use it for didn't really see much upside, so I downgraded back to win7, which for me has been the best version of windows, stable and reliable, within the usual irritations of windows!

However MS seem relentless in prompting the upgrade.

I tried deleting the win10 update KB3035583, but it seems MS is relentless in pushing it at every update, regardless of whether you have already received it and deleted it, up pops the upgrade to win10 every morning

Anyone got a way to permanently disable it?

On a slightly different tack. I tried didn't like it, mainly since for my aging Alienware laptop there were a significant number of drivers not supported, and for what I use it for didn't really see much upside, so I downgraded back to win7, which for me has been the best version of windows, stable and reliable, within the usual irritations of windows!

I tried deleting the win10 update KB3035583, but it seems MS is relentless in pushing it at every update, regardless of whether you have already received it and deleted it, up pops the upgrade to win10 every morning

Just "Hide" it in your Windows update settings then Windows won't download it again, "unless" for this update Windows won't allow it since they seem so hell bent on pushing Win 10.

Just "Hide" it in your Windows update settings then Windows won't download it again, "unless" for this update Windows won't allow it since they seem so hell bent on pushing Win 10.

Tried that...it does!

They seem hellbent on pushing this as some master marketing scheme

Tried that...it does!

Google GWX control panel. A little program to automate the tweaks necessary to remove the harassment.

Tried that...it does!

Google GWX control panel. A little program to automate the tweaks necessary to remove the harassment.

Thanks for the tip.

Just installed it, removed all the win10 stuff, and if it does what it says it does I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks again

When you say you tried it, did you do a clean install or an upgrade?

The upgrade detected everything on my old Dell laptop, whereas a clean install was missing loads.

The upgrade detected everything on my old Dell laptop, whereas a clean install was missing loads.

Upgrade

Tried that...it does!

Thanks for the tip.

Just installed it, removed all the win10 stuff, and if it does what it says it does I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks again

Well after 2 days not a single win10 marketing pop-up. Thanks again, highly recommended for win10 holdouts

Upgrade

If you try it again with the same result try something like IOBit Driver Booster (crowdsourced drivers).

Too many bugs in it imo, I installed it and got rid of it, Google Chrome is better.

Google Chrome is a Browser

Windows is an "Operating System" that Google Chrome works on

What do you think the "o.s." stands for in chrome os?...... smile.png

But he didn't say "Chrome OS" he said "Google Chrome".

Yours pedantically,

Chico

Well i must say i do like the windows to go windows 10 feature and doesn't take long to set up and speed of the system feels no difference from booting normal windows 10 ?

I don't understand your post. I'm using Linux everyday now and like it alot better than Windows 10, at least for web stuff, movies,email,etc. I haven't tried any of the Libre Office yet tho.

I guess that'd be pretty handy. So you'd have to pay for another version of windows to make it work tho?Handy but pricey

Yeah right Rob ? Also with hard drives not lasting so long as Made in Thailand and the return to manufacturer taking months it comes very much in good use also saves not having to carry a laptop everywhere say in your in ur office or at home ?

I guess that'd be pretty handy. So you'd have to pay for another version of windows to make it work tho?Handy but pricey

Yeah right Rob ? Also with hard drives not lasting so long as Made in Thailand and the return to manufacturer taking months it comes very much in good use also saves not having to carry a laptop everywhere say in your in ur office or at home ?

just gotta be careful sticking your USB in to computers you don't know

Seems the task bar and windows icon doesn't work in windows 10. Left clicking seems to do nothing..

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/12321-taskbar-start-button-not-working.html

Thanks. Wasn't my computer I was trying to fix. I did try putting the Get AppX... Command into powershell and deleting Tilelayerdata but didn't help.

Just glad it isn't me that is using Windows 10

Seems the task bar and windows icon doesn't work in windows 10. Left clicking seems to do nothing..

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/12321-taskbar-start-button-not-working.html

Thanks. Wasn't my computer I was trying to fix. I did try putting the Get AppX... Command into powershell and deleting Tilelayerdata but didn't help.

Just glad it isn't me that is using Windows 10

Did you do it with Admin rights?

Windows is slowly but surely becoming a complete pile crap, they are trying to take as much control as possible over the machine and also trying to morph the OS into a tablet friendly OS which doesn't work on a desktop.

I used to come straight back from work turn the PC on and use it all night, now i barely turn it on admittedly I only have 4gb ram in but it still takes about 5 mins to get to a point where it is usable where as I can turn on my tablet and within 10 seconds I doing what I want to do, if there is something i need to do on a big screen i just use Chrome on my Android media box. The only time i need to turn windows on is if i need to use office which even that is becoming rarer.

Even little things like updating programs is a nightmare, you have to open each individual program and unless it is set to automatically check then you need to manually initiate an application update checker ( yes i know you can use a tool like filehippo update checker) but still you have to download>run>update each program manually, where as a tablet, 1 click and everything is updated.

Sorry Microsoft I'm done with your half baked operating system, even Linux is looking inticing,

Windows is slowly but surely becoming a complete pile crap, they are trying to take as much control as possible over the machine and also trying to morph the OS into a tablet friendly OS which doesn't work on a desktop.

I used to come straight back from work turn the PC on and use it all night, now i barely turn it on admittedly I only have 4gb ram in but it still takes about 5 mins to get to a point where it is usable where as I can turn on my tablet and within 10 seconds I doing what I want to do, if there is something i need to do on a big screen i just use Chrome on my Android media box. The only time i need to turn windows on is if i need to use office which even that is becoming rarer.

Even little things like updating programs is a nightmare, you have to open each individual program and unless it is set to automatically check then you need to manually initiate an application update checker ( yes i know you can use a tool like filehippo update checker) but still you have to download>run>update each program manually, where as a tablet, 1 click and everything is updated.

Sorry Microsoft I'm done with your half baked operating system, even Linux is looking inticing,

Your doing something horribly wrong....

Post up system spec etc and I'm sure someone will tell you what's wrong

I have windiws 10 booting on an 8 year old laptop and it boots in a 45sec -minute....

It just works.... No hitches or glitches or any kind of drama, I only have 4gb of ram too so it's certainly not that....

just love your post simply for the inclusion of the words 'half baked'. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif.

you are so right, but. ms is on a suicide path and w10 is just another nail in their coffin.

just gotta be careful sticking your USB in to computers you don't know

Not really as you just boot via F12 or whatever and go via the portable hdd to the own separate os ...