Temperatures to drop further in North and Isaan tomorrow

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I buy a bathroom heater in Chiang Mai, not one of those silly Chinese oil filled things you find at Global but a proper bathroom heater?

There are no "heaters" for sale in Thailand. You have a bathroom? Where did you get it?

Where can I buy a bathroom heater in Chiang Mai, not one of those silly Chinese oil filled things you find at Global but a proper bathroom heater?

There are no "heaters" for sale in Thailand. You have a bathroom? Where did you get it?

Loads of shops sell house heaters, at least they do in Chiang Mai, just not bathroom style heaters which is why I asked.

Where did I get my bathroom? Are you on drugs or what!

Nothing wrong with them. I bought 2 of them several years ago and sitting here in my home office quite cozy with one next to me. And yes, got them at Global House. smile.png There are some at Central and probably at Robinson but last I looked they were silly prices.

post-566-0-35348400-1453714030_thumb.jpg

BKK is absolutely freezing. This must be a record low.

Not sure about Bangkok but CNN are reporting that temps in Hong Kong are lowest for six decadesblink.png

Think we need to ramp up the carbon emissionsbiggrin.png

It's a shame that the cause and effects of global warming are not as simple as a simpletons interpretation of the term.

Its Brass Monkeys today,never mind tomorrow.even the cat does not want to go out.

regards Worgeordie

My cats the same in Chiang Mai - never known him not want to be out and about during the day!

Had to take my Ford Fiesta S in for some body repairs today and it has a heater - turns the AC in to a heater automatically if exterior temps drops below interior setting. Exchanged it for a Honda Civic hire car and typically for Thailand it has no heater! Boy do I miss my Ford - bad timing on my part!

Nothing wrong with them. I bought 2 of them several years ago and sitting here in my home office quite cozy with one next to me. And yes, got them at Global House. smile.png There are some at Central and probably at Robinson but last I looked they were silly prices.

attachicon.gifHeater.jpg

I'd looked at them many times and because I had never met anyone who had one I followed my instinct and concluded they weren't that good, maybe I'll give them a try. But what I was really after is a traditional bathroom heater with an electric fire type element, the type that sits quite high on the wall, if anyone happens to spot one.

Finally some winter relief here in Jomtien from the heat and humidity. In my condo

it is 27c and much drier than it has been. That said I was not aware northern Thailand

had an east and west coast. tongue.pngfacepalm.gif

When the ambient temperature drops below 25, the ski jackets come out

wearing ski jackets = have you scaled Everest? 555555

The real question is, "Have you even been stuck in the North Pole for 11 days, 49 hours, and 43 minutes without socks???"

Why do I ask? I saw a guy putting ice in his beer....

coffee1.gif

11 days is that all lightweight

Wind is so cold here at work i forgot how cold can effect you, 17 c inside and 14 c outside,

I was sent an attachment from Lao and the photos shows snow and cattle dead from the chill,

Strong cold wind but thankfully sunny in Nakhon Phanom today. Spent most of the day sitting in the sun on my tiny sheltered south facing terrace to keep warm as inside my North/South facing room it is like a fridge from the northerly wind. Just lost the last rays so bracing myself to go inside for the evening....bbbbrrrgghhhhhhh!

Last night and today have definitely been one of the coldest periods I've experienced in 13 years in Buriram. 12 degs. C around 7:30 this morning and 17 around 16:30.

However, just consulted 4 different forecast sights which all disagree with the (Thailand) Meteorological Department. They all have the temperature rising by around 4 to 5 degrees a day and forecast a healthy(?) mid-thirties come the weekend.

It will be interesting to see whether the (T)MD knows more than those four ! I know for which side I'm cheering.

13C here in Sukhothai in the early morning. Most of my students and co-workers are complaining today and some didn't even come to school because of the cold... for me it's like summer back home.

Good grief, where'd you grow up, Nifflheim*? I grew up in Ohio and Michigan, and summer temperatures were usually above 30°C. I've lived in Thailand so long anything below 22° is cold to me.

*Nifflheim = land of the Frost Giants, if you're not up on your Norse mythology.

And what about the first snow that lao people have seen for the first time in their life ?

Photo from one of my friend who is living in Vientiane - Laos .

It's in Houaphan district

24286465710_eaa907554a_b.jpg

I'm in Vientiane right now, very cold now.

Then tell them to close their jackets untill the chin or wear a towell as a shawl. tongue.png

The labrador from my neighbour is barking all day long, guess he's cold. He even didn't get a tshirt to wear.

I don't smell any fires though, normally when it's cold they light fires everywhere, even the security in the moobaan.

Waiting for the usual government call to distribute blankets to the poor, the same people who gets

blankets every year and mange to lose them somehow, and also the article that

tell us how many people died from the cold.... nothing new under the sun...

You ever think that blankets wear out? Or that more people joint the ranks of the homeless and poverty stricken each year through drought, family breakdowns etc? Your post are always geared to denigrate Thais at the first opportunity and now even for unusually cold weather.

I hope if you one day find yourself "out" you'll remember your words here and not beg for any help....

Edited by Lopchan

I was going to light a fire but my wife reminded me that we don't have a chimney.

On a serious note carbonmonoxide poisoning is not known in Thailand.

My sweet miz put a coalfire (thekind they BB on) in my room. Me in bed with coat and 2 blankets.

Well, haven compared to the East Coast.

Just returned from Amnat Charoen and Ubol. Really cold and windy.. The type of wind you normally would expect of a Typhoon... Just relentless wind - almost like wading in a fast flowing river or creek. Sure it's not Everest Cold but for locals, this is cold.

Back in Chiang Rai, it is also cold. 9 deg. celcius today and overcast with some light showers. Took my motorbike to return home in light rain last night. Regret not having my gloves because my fingers were really getting ice cold.

You should always wear gloves on a motorbike, even if it is 40C - first things down on the road when you fall are your hands. At 30mph you can wear your hands away - just saying.

16 Celsius! Bangkok to stay cool for a few more days

By Coconuts Bangkok

bangkok_weather.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkokians today have been spotted doing their Monday commute in their winter attire -- an unfamiliar sight to most residents -- after the temperature drastically dropped to 16 degrees Celsius today. Brrrr!

The high pressure over upper Thailand has cast a cold spell in Thailand as the temperature has dropped by 6-10 Celsius. Bangkok will continue to experience the cool weather of 16-18 degrees Celsius for a few days more, according to an announcement today by Thai Meteorological Department.

Thundershowers are expected until Wednesday.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/25/16-celsius-bangkok-stay-cool-few-days-more

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-01-25

Ohhh my god they killed Kenny!!!

Only a couple of days ago I was commenting to my wife that we hadn't had a single cold day this winter , maybe 2/3 cool mornings .

Yesterday I soon had to change shorts and polo shirt for long trousers , long sleeve shirt and woolen pullover , today I have added a vest .

I live in rural Kalasin district . The temperature here this morning was 11c rising to 15c at midday . A friend who farms and rises very early recorded 6c .

This is the coldest weather since I came to Thailand 12yrs ago .