Temperatures to drop further in North and Isaan tomorrow

webfact

Got the lomprayah catamaran from Phangan to Toa this morning and genuinely feared for our lives.

75% of the boat was sick and afterward our friend who is in the navy said he was bricking it.

Looks like we're stuck on Toa since they've (finally) suspended the ferries.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting side effect of the cold. Thais are usually quite religious with personal hygiene. However, many village houses don't have hot water for the showers. So a lot are forgoing the ablutions, and getting fairly ripe now. I trust this is not too much information.

In agreement with most of the above , my cat has a warm coat but has been running around all day until I sat here now she is on my lap which suits me , temp. here between C'Rai and Maesai 9c , the coldest i have been in nearly 11 years here.. Will go out for a beer tonight , if I get asked if I want ice I can say no it is forming in the glass. Curry when I come home .

Frost and black ice on Thai roads could you imagine the carnage.

Probably little traffic, cars don't have heating.

Didn't even realize untill after I bought my car.

My Nissan March top range has a heater---he he he you not need a 2 mil baht BMW.

In agreement with most of the above , my cat has a warm coat but has been running around all day until I sat here now she is on my lap which suits me , temp. here between C'Rai and Maesai 9c , the coldest i have been in nearly 11 years here.. Will go out for a beer tonight , if I get asked if I want ice I can say no it is forming in the glass. Curry when I come home .

Nth Udon Thani, 8c-------in city 9c Yesterday bitter cold rain with it,

today still no sun dark dusk look all day slight rain 8c now. no fan no air con thanks--- lit the gas oven windows curtains closed---snug as a bug in a rug-------go out---heater in the car------lovely.

Only a couple of days ago I was commenting to my wife that we hadn't had a single cold day this winter , maybe 2/3 cool mornings .

Yesterday I soon had to change shorts and polo shirt for long trousers , long sleeve shirt and woolen pullover , today I have added a vest .

I live in rural Kalasin district . The temperature here this morning was 11c rising to 15c at midday . A friend who farms and rises very early recorded 6c .

This is the coldest weather since I came to Thailand 12yrs ago .

15c at mid day--heatwave----comeon up towards Udon and Nongbua bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrr

16 Celsius! Bangkok to stay cool for a few more days

By Coconuts Bangkok

bangkok_weather.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkokians today have been spotted doing their Monday commute in their winter attire -- an unfamiliar sight to most residents -- after the temperature drastically dropped to 16 degrees Celsius today. Brrrr!

The high pressure over upper Thailand has cast a cold spell in Thailand as the temperature has dropped by 6-10 Celsius. Bangkok will continue to experience the cool weather of 16-18 degrees Celsius for a few days more, according to an announcement today by Thai Meteorological Department.

Thundershowers are expected until Wednesday.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/25/16-celsius-bangkok-stay-cool-few-days-more

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-01-25

Ohhh my god they killed Kenny!!!

Again? gigglem.gif

Here in Surat Thani it has been glorious warm sunshine all the way to the swimming pool and up the mountain. It rained quite heavily today but is still lovely and warm for me at 26C and never cold at night.

It's warm here

Its cold in Bangkok

It's even colder in the North

Colder still in the Eastern USA

Seriously Bloody cold in Spitsbergen

It's all relative

Commiserations to those for whom it is a great discomfort

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=heater

unfortunately when it is shipped the cold will be gone already

Edited by sweatalot

Most modern cars have climate control....just use the AC to warm it up. My car AC at 25C was to warm and stuffy this morning...opened the window for some fresh cool air.

some newer cars have heater fortunately, like my Navarra, just turn on a/c and select a cosy temperature

Had to ride to work this morning an was freezing my balls off. Tomorrow I will be better prepared with lots of extra clothes to keep me warm!! I am not complaining but was not expecting the temp to drop so suddenly as it had been fairly warm over the last few days prior to this.

As I sit here in Wang Plong with tracky dackies on 2 T-shirts and a hoodie plus covered in a doona (I am sharing with the wife) I wonder why the he11 I thought Thailand would be better than Queensland as a retirement destination???

Edited by BSJ

When the ambient temperature drops below 25, the ski jackets come out

wearing ski jackets = have you scaled Everest? 555555

The real question is, "Have you even been stuck in the North Pole for 11 days, 49 hours, and 43 minutes without socks???"

Why do I ask? I saw a guy putting ice in his beer....

coffee1.gif

I have been stuck at the North Pole for 2 weeks, so what is your point?

The real question is, "Have you even been stuck in the North Pole for 11 days, 49 hours, and 43 minutes without socks???"

coffee1.gif

Do they do dancing there as well as scaling fish?

coffee1.gif

Do they do dancing there as well as scaling fish?

Of course they do.

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=heater

unfortunately when it is shipped the cold will be gone already

Yes, but I wont. I said I would buy one last year and didn't so if I bite the bullet now I will have one for next year.

Pass it off as something to joke about but a major drop in temperature which is sustained for several days or even hours where bodyheat cannot be maintained is a killer. As little as a 3 degree drop in body temperature creates a hyperthermic shock, unconciousness and then death.

The current drop in air temperatures is dramatic enough to cause this for people who reside in rural dwellings which are primarily left ventilated.

Cattle are common victims for the same reason.

Smug they may be are those who have the rescources to "weather out the storm".

It would be interesting to see how many of those same have the motivation to offer assistance to the community they live in.

Its freezing in khon kaen provence. Never known it so cold. Two t shirts, socks, jogging pants, wooly hat, jumpee and scarf. European duvet for the bed, socks in bed and still cold feet. At least if i was back in the uk i could put the central heating on!

Waiting for the usual government call to distribute blankets to the poor, the same people who gets

blankets every year and mange to lose them somehow, and also the article that

tell us how many people died from the cold.... nothing new under the sun...

I have been doing this for many years, and I wish to inform you, that whilst you are not often right, but your wrong again. Hills Tribes people and refugees are not always on any statistic. Get out there and save old peoples lives, and see for yourself.

Wind is so cold here at work i forgot how cold can effect you, 17 c inside and 14 c outside,

I was sent an attachment from Lao and the photos shows snow and cattle dead from the chill,

All my little fish in the standing pool are laying on the bottom. I suppose this means they are dead but colors are still vibrant.