Plastic rice found in Nakhon Nayok

webfact

About as nutritious and flavoursome as the real stuff.

Guess you're not a big rice fan..................

Love the stuff,we eat it twice a day,it just does very little for me from a taste perspective and its nutritional content.

Like everything once you fry the stuff its actually very tasty,but we all know fried food is bad for you.

But your comment insinuates that rice tastes like plastic.

You say you love the stuff.

Do you love to eat plastic too ?

Love the stuff,we eat it twice a day,it just does very little for me from a taste perspective and its nutritional content.

Like everything once you fry the stuff its actually very tasty,but we all know fried food is bad for you.

Is it not possible to enjoy eating something that has very little taste and nutritional value ?

I like drinking alcohol but I don't like the hangovers.

As for eating plastic no thanks,I shall stick to the Brown rice which is what I eat.

My Thai family grow special rice to meet the families annual rice needs which is very good. Then I go out to eat and 90% of the time the rice served is rubbish! Maybe the plastic rice is more widespread than first thought?

Please advise if you go to a local rice seller and buy a small bag if that rice when cooked is similar or much worse than the rice you eat at home with

your Thai family. I would really like to know, I currently don't know anyone, personally, with their own rice field. Thanks!

My wife grows our rice needs on her farm each year. We sell the excess and keep what we need. This would be true for many here (farangs like me) if they live in the more rural setting of Thailand. The rice in general dose taste better at home from our own stocks. Just one thing many may not be aware of is we don't usually eat this years rice now. We eat last years crop. The reason being is that rice fresh from the field tends to cook up gluggy like porridge. It can be done but requires less water. With package rice from the shop you have no idea when it was harvested and can be a bit like Russian roulette as to its age. Being in north-east Thailand, when they talk about 'special rice' they are usually talking about Glutinous rice' used for Khao neow (sticky rice). My wife keeps a couple of Rai just for that. Whether it all tastes better because she grew it, the age when it was when cooked or the control she has over what fertilizer or products are used I don't presume to know, But it is good. Oh and pasta just makes me a Fat Bastard...lol

we dont get much choice in this country. milk that lasts weeks, butter that wont go mouldy and even flies wont land on, bread that lasts a month, even fruit lasts for weeks here.... gawd knows whats in the beer.....

To make money from this crime, it would have to be done on quite a large scale involving machinery for mixing and bagging.

It's also most likely that the mixing and bagging was done in Thailand.

It shouldn't be too hard to track down.

But they like burning plastic. You're right, to have the inclination rather than the nerve to do this, you'd have to be pretty stupid. Rice isn't that expensive, nor I'd imagine the process of generating the substitute, and on such a large scale, unless they were very organised, and got it all out really quickly, there's going to be a load of people who're caught as middle men who're inevitably going to talk.

Plastic rice?

Lowest of the lows.

Fake baby formula was the lowest of the lows in China. The babies would drink plenty of formula but would slowly starve to death because there was no nutrients in it. Then OFC you have tainted milk with melamine to fake protein content. Both are worse IMHO.

Edited by Sakeopete

My Thai family grow special rice to meet the families annual rice needs which is very good. Then I go out to eat and 90% of the time the rice served is rubbish! Maybe the plastic rice is more widespread than first thought?

Please advise if you go to a local rice seller and buy a small bag if that rice when cooked is similar or much worse than the rice you eat at home with

your Thai family. I would really like to know, I currently don't know anyone, personally, with their own rice field. Thanks!

Actually a pretty common practice in Isaan. My wife's family have their "special" patch away from the rice they grow to sell. Softer and has a litlle more flavour when cooked.

My wife grows our rice needs on her farm each year. We sell the excess and keep what we need. This would be true for many here (farangs like me) if they live in the more rural setting of Thailand. The rice in general dose taste better at home from our own stocks. Just one thing many may not be aware of is we don't usually eat this years rice now. We eat last years crop. The reason being is that rice fresh from the field tends to cook up gluggy like porridge. It can be done but requires less water. With package rice from the shop you have no idea when it was harvested and can be a bit like Russian roulette as to its age. Being in north-east Thailand, when they talk about 'special rice' they are usually talking about Glutinous rice' used for Khao neow (sticky rice). My wife keeps a couple of Rai just for that. Whether it all tastes better because she grew it, the age when it was when cooked or the control she has over what fertilizer or products are used I don't presume to know, But it is good. Oh and pasta just makes me a Fat Bastard...lol

If you made yourself a fat bastard, don't blame the pasta :)

A calorie is a calorie is a......

Fake rice along with fake eggs, handbags, watches and just about anything you can name. I had a fake iPhone 5, when apple were only up to number 4, haha. Made in China of course !!

But has anyone thought, maybe a bit of it in with the real rice may be good you you ? fiber and ruffage in the diet cleans out your intestine and bowel.

Anyone have any knowledge on this ?

And it also stops all those old plastic bags for ending up in the ocean !!!!

When you flush it down the crapper.. Where do your plastic ends up?

Floating around alongside hua him beach probably...