BBC News off air on BTV Pattaya

mark131v

I've sent Sophon an email asking for informatioin about BBC.

I tried to call them but there is no answer at their phone number!!!

Just got a reply frm Sophon, they said that the BBC technition wiull fix it today.

It's not on now buit I guess it shbouyld be back soon.

Based on their reply, I guess that problem is with BBC equipment and not any of the worst case senarios poster(guessed ) here!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4PM Saturday and BBC is back on Sophon thank goodness.

on my TV it's just a blue dot in the middle of the screenblink.png

Same here. We ask once again for help with live in bargirls/massage ladies who can read Thai. Please translate what it says in Thai? I kind of liked the rainbow better, it seemed more gay friendly. Now it seems like someone is watching me? Thanks in advance.

Seems I double posted. Sorry about that. I am wondering what a "BBC Technician" is? I suspect the cable company is just blaming the BBC, but do applaud them for replying at all to a farang inquiry which is always going to be labeled a complaint rather than in inquiry....Just get your lady/boy to find out what's going on will ya? Thanks again.

Edited by BruceMangosteen

BBC World News back on Sophon this morning.

yes turned the TV on and saw it and thought great! But then watched it for about 15 minutes when suddenly it disappeared and has been replaced by some crappy movieblink.png I suggest everyone get onto Sophon in huge numbers and pester them until they sort this out once and for all.

Edited by Asiantravel

yes turned the TV on and saw it and thought great! But then watched it for about 15 minutes when suddenly it disappeared and has been replaced by some crappy movieblink.png I suggest everyone get onto Sophon in huge numbers and pester them until they sort this out once and for all.

BBC world is now back on (for now anyway)

I have BBC again this morning.

They just informed me Murray didn't manage it again!

Edited by jacko45k

Glad BBC is back on Sophon. I think they are using the Malaysian Astro feed because (a) there is a 3 minute time delay and (B) many Astro ads are shown in the breaks.

By the way, BBC World is not funded by the long suffering UK tax payers; it is a commercial branch of the corporation funded by ads.

Glad BBC is back on Sophon. I think they are using the Malaysian Astro feed because (a) there is a 3 minute time delay and (B) many Astro ads are shown in the breaks.

By the way, BBC World is not funded by the long suffering UK tax payers; it is a commercial branch of the corporation funded by ads.

I just googled it and its mainly funded by the UK TV licence free + limited advertising.

Scubascuba3: I disagree! Don't believe everything you read on Google.

so should we believe the website of the UK Parliament then?blink.png

" the main burden of the cost of the World Service will be met from the BBC Licence Fee. No increase in the Licence Fee has been agreed to offset this new demand on resources. "

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmfaff/1045/104504.htm

" the main burden of the cost of the World Service will be met from the BBC Licence Fee. No increase in the Licence Fee has been agreed to offset this new demand on resources. "

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmfaff/1045/104504.htm

I think the BBC provides convenient slots so service providers can insert their own adds.

The World Service and BBC World are two totally different things. World Service is the multi lingual radio radio service (no adverts) that has been broadcast worldwide on SW for many many years (Radio coverage is being reduced as it moves on-line). BBC World is a spin off from BBC News and does receive funding from advertisers.

The World Service and BBC World are two totally different things. World Service is the multi lingual radio radio service (no adverts) that has been broadcast worldwide on SW for many many years (Radio coverage is being reduced as it moves on-line). BBC World is a spin off from BBC News and does receive funding from advertisers.
But mainly through UK TV licence fees?

Glad BBC is back on Sophon. I think they are using the Malaysian Astro feed because (a) there is a 3 minute time delay and (cool.png many Astro ads are shown in the breaks.

Yes, the picture quality's definitely poorer than it was before. :(