Cnx Flight path.

1happykamper

I used to live in a condo near Maya shopping mall.. And the jet noise from planes talking off was just too much for me.

.. And so I just moved. Today.. I can not believe it! I am in a condo next to Central Festival mall.. And several planes are flying right over my building! Noisy! Why?

I look at the map...and a plane would have to turn very sharp eight to fly over my place. I don't get it!

Are the planes lost ? Ha

Even before fancy websites I used to camp out at places I had an interest in purchasing/renting to take in all the sounds and smells at various times of the day.

(It is Thailand so no guarantees for anything, but you do what you can.)

Anyway I'm more and more convinced that the downtown area is actually far preferable over the outskirts, not just noise but also traffic jams, and for more of a small-town feel.

So top tip: The closer you can get into town, the better it is. (Old Town, Riverside area, etc.) It's stil a little weird to see massive traffic jams on all the Superhighways and ring roads, but then once you cross Nawarat Bridge you zoom all the way down Thapae Road to the gate. Around 6pm on a work day.

There may be 100 take offs from the airport everyday, maybe more? And today two or three of them flew over Central Festival area on their way to BKK or heading east. Why? The only answer can be CM has an airport right in the city. Am I missing something?

There may be 100 take offs from the airport everyday, maybe more? And today two or three of them flew over Central Festival area on their way to BKK or heading east. Why? The only answer can be CM has an airport right in the city. Am I missing something?

Your estimates are a bit out check out the link below and you will probably be as surprised as I was. 100 movements a day no way I thought till I did a bit of googling. If you get into the website a bit more you will find LCC flights have doubled since 2014.

http://aot.listedcompany.com/misc/statistic/2016/20160125-aot-traffic-fiscal-2016-3m.pdf

Your estimates are a bit out check out the link below and you will probably be as surprised as I was. 100 movements a day no way I thought till I did a bit of googling. If you get into the website a bit more you will find LCC flights have doubled since 2014.

http://aot.listedcompany.com/misc/statistic/2016/20160125-aot-traffic-fiscal-2016-3m.pdf

Using 30 days a month it averages about 183 movements a day. Each aircraft that lands will take off again so that's two movements. So there are about 91-92 landings a day and about 91-92 take offs with a lot of those taking off to the north.

8 million and something passengers a year makes it not quite as busy as Sacramento and a little bit busier than Glasgow. Will it get to 16 million in 10 years? I don't think so . Maybe 12 million?

Sorry that it is felt that a topic about flights cancelled due to fog is the same as one about flights going over Festival, but for those who are interested or flying in and out of CNX the flights are now back to normal, landing and taking off.

Sorry that it is felt that a topic about flights cancelled due to fog is the same as one about flights going over Festival, but for those who are interested or flying in and out of CNX the flights are now back to normal, landing and taking off.

Ugh. You.. YOU thought they were the same, the minute you titled your post "For those who object to the the airport noise". Instead of something descriptive and actually relevant to your topic such as, "Inbound flights to CNX Diverted/ Delayed due to Fog", you provided a bullshit, click-bait'ish title about airport noise?!?!

And then have the audacity to whine when its combined into the topic YOU PURPOSELY LINKED IT TO. 1zgarz5.gif

-Mestizo

Edited by Mestizo

I had a condo in the Suthep road area and I loved the airplane sounds, could not stop watching them passing my balcony.

Nice positive attitude!

(assume it wasn't sarcasm.)

There's a price to pay for success and growth be happy that the house or condo you own is likely going up in value and this extra traffic, both air and road, is the measure of it.

Personally i'd rather have a nice central airport than an hour's ride just to get there which is so common.

ps still not sure why so many takeoffs are northwards most winds or rather air movement is zero or very light and could be taken of with rather than into.

I had a condo in the Suthep road area and I loved the airplane sounds, could not stop watching them passing my balcony.

Nice positive attitude!

There's a price to pay for success and growth be happy that the house or condo you own is likely going up in value and this extra traffic, both air and road, is the measure of it.

Personally i'd rather have a nice central airport than an hour's ride just to get there which is so common.

ps still not sure why so many takeoffs are northwards most winds or rather air movement is zero or very light and could be taken of with rather than into.

To avoid conflicting traffic arriving from the south, have a good look at the plates from post 4,

Nice positive attitude!

I only want to live close to an airport, trainstation, seaport etc. I hate noise but airplane noise does not bother me. Could not live within reach of an Islamic mosque with loudspeaker that's a horror sound to me.

This is OP.. Thanks for the great answer and feedback! I really like the live info of planes flying around.. Very cool to look at for an hour or so.. Next.. I will stare at the weather channel.. Gotta love retirement! Ha. Cheers to all.

One more thing.. And a diversion to my original question... One poster.. Astutely noted that being in the old city.. Inside the moat is probably much quieter. I agree, however I found zero condo for rent and only small guest house rooms.. I found one old dilapidated house. Any leads on condos inside the moat?