Bavarian leader's planned meeting with Putin causes stir in Germany

webfact

Bavarian leader's planned meeting with Putin causes stir in Germany

606x341_322865.jpg

Teaming up against Angela Merkel?

MUNICH: -- Plans by Bavarian leader Horst Seehofer to travel to Russia to meet President Vladimir Putin are causing a stir in Germany, with critics warning it could undermine the Chancellor’s refugee policy.

Seehofer’s Christian Social Union (CSU), the Bavarian sister party to Merkel’s ruling Christian Democrats (CDU), has been one of the strongest voices demanding that Germany close its borders and send back migrants with no right to political asylum.

His trip to Moscow, scheduled for Thursday, comes at a time of tension between both countries after a German- Russian teenager alleged she was kidnapped and raped by migrants in Berlin. Prosecutors said they had proof the claim was false.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-01

The only man in the current Government who speaks clear and represents the interests of Germans against this - out of controll immigrants invasion -.

Hope he can tilt Merkel.

I am German and he does not respresent me at all. Seehofer is a conservative, power-hungry <deleted>.

The only man in the current Government who speaks clear and represents the interests of Germans against this - out of controll immigrants invasion -.

Hope he can tilt Merkel.

I am German and he does not respresent me at all. Seehofer is a conservative, power-hungry <deleted>.

So, what are in your opinion the better alternatives?

Or everything is perfect now in Germany and Europe?

Putin is trying to do a Frankenstein in his old KGB haunt of East Germany and this fellow fascist is his guy willing and cooperative.

No sale however.

The 2015 Pew Center global survey found 70% of Germans view Russia and Putin unfavorably (27% favorable). In 2010 it had been 50%.

Same throughout the world of nations with only few exceptions.

Vlad the Putin has hit a dead end.

Hope he can tilt Merkel.

I never said that. But what makes Europe Europe are its values, and a fundamental value is human rights, and if there is one thing I am proud of, then it's this.

Now is asylum part of those human rights, that's why all discussions about closing borders go into the wrong direction - at least if Europe doesn't want to be as hypocritical as the US when it comes to advocating human rights.

I can't tell you the exact solution, I think nobody can, that's why it's important to discuss this. But in a realistic way.

Hope he can tilt Merkel.

I never said that. But what makes Europe Europe are its values, and a fundamental value is human rights, and if there is one thing I am proud of, then it's this.

Now is asylum part of those human rights, that's why all discussions about closing borders go into the wrong direction - at least if Europe doesn't want to be as hypocritical as the US when it comes to advocating human rights.

I can't tell you the exact solution, I think nobody can, that's why it's important to discuss this. But in a realistic way.

Discuss it? It needs an immediate solution. People like you are those who are destroying the good, solid peaceful Europe from within. You should not even be allowed to vote. Edited by BestBitterPhuket