Someone explain my luck

Firstly I admit I'm an idiot for posting this, but here goes.

I'm a relatively good looking 35yr old guy. I'm about 180cm, 75kg, and look more like I'm 30. I go to the gym frequently, eat healthy, don't smoke, and rarely drink. I'm also financially in a good position; I have my own company and make about 4-5m THB per year. I'm also well educated with an MBA from top university.

My problems: I don't speak Thai, I don't have an office in Thailand (I manage my business from home), and I don't really have any social hobbies (I like watching movies, walking around the city, and reading). This has made it tough to make friends and date

So here's my problem: I've resorted to online dating (Tinder and a couple of other western sites--I haven't used the Thai-focused ones) and the girls I've met can be grouped into one of the following:

1. Fat (I don't think it's fair for me to date a fat girl when I work hard to not be fat, so that's out)

2. Speaks no English (I like having a conversation with a girl)

3. Is a total flake (will chat briefly, then disappear)

Is this just the reality of dating non-professionals in Thailand? If I want the company of a beautiful, fun girl without having to pay money, should I look elsewhere? I feel like I qualify as a partner for a so-called high-society girl (although the thought of dating one of them disturbs me a little), but where do I meet one of them?

I'm not even going to ask this forum to avoid snark, sarcasm, and mockery; it wouldn't be Thaivisa without it, so go for it, lads.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some would say troll…but I say roll on.

But I digress...

For all your cash and immodest means, you sound like a boring guy…this gals like a bit of danger….put on a leather jacket when you Skype them and appear to be brandishing a blood stained corkscrew.

JHolmesJr, I think you've kind of hit the nail on the head. That's been my suspicion for a while.

Before I moved here I lived in Singapore where finding and dating attractive women was extremely easy, but perhaps I'm too nerdy for Thai women.

I assume the hi-so girls are less interested in the bad boy type; am I wrong on that?

I think just get out of the house and meet people - don't make such a big deal of what a great catch you are and find someone you like, just for themselves, whether they are hi-so or not.

And maybe spent a few minutes a day learning the language... the available % will widen your choices...

good luck.

Try Ramkhamhaeng university, put up a few flyers for private English tutor.

you get paid 100 baht for 1 hour you find out what they are all about, eliminate the;

1. Fat (I don't think it's fair for me to date a fat girl when I work hard to not be fat, so that's out)

Then when you have met the right girl you ask her out.

If it worked for me it can work for you and this advice came for free and without any snark, sarcasm, or mockery

Let me know how you go, good luck fella!!thumbsup.gif

Nope, they're all total flakes (the fat girls included).

Have sex with Thai the women, make friends and chat with foreign guys.

Compartmentalize your life.

It works for me.

PS

At 35, you're finished in the free sex lottery.

You're already too old.

Just pay like everyone else, it's not like you can't afford to pay.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Have you ever considered just approaching a few woman, you will get rejections but few compared to the west.

Hiso does not necessarily mean better or even Classier, other so called lower classes can be decent moral woman it all depends on the individual not the class.

My missus is not hiso and thankfully not half Chinese, she did however have intelligent hard working parents who put her through uni and with a strict upbringing she is a decent normal Thai woman with good moral values.

Better to be with a normal classy woman then a toffee nose b@#ch who looks down at the less fortunate, jaundice looking pale skin.

kenk24, I think that is indeed the problem; I need to get out of the house more. Maybe I should move to Thong Lor or Sathorn.

just be yerself dont try to be something youre not.........including the leather jacket and bloodstained corkscrew........its also a numbers game i wasnt looking for a hi so or lo so or so so, just someone I liked whatever background they came from

With Online dating don't waste time Online, if they seem OK meet them the same or next day. Open your mind to the acceptance of direct payment despite your relative youth. In reality the differences between direct payment and indirect payment are very negligible.

You might have done. But not everyone.

No your one of a kind,they broke the mould when you were formed.

Completely one of a kind and have very little in common with most Thai visa members,which is odd as your contribution often revolves around topics,threads and subjects that you really can not connect to because your so inferior.

You don't date Thai women/men do you,so your input is very irrelevant,it's not like dating westerners over here it's very complex.

Edited by stoneyboy

Try Ramkhamhaeng university, put up a few flyers for private English tutor.

you get paid 100 baht for 1 hour you find out what they are all about, eliminate the;

Then when you have met the right girl you ask her out.

If it worked for me it can work for you and this advice came for free and without any snark, sarcasm, or mockery

Let me know how you go, good luck fella!!thumbsup.gif

This sounds like an extremely good (if somewhat morally dubious) idea.

The OP is a young fit handsome man, on an income of roughly 417000 baht a month, and he`s having problems finding Thai women?

Has he considered changing his brand of deodorant?

I don't tell women my income, and there's really no way for them to see it from my online profile. I'm hardly going to mention it to a woman until long after we've been dating, too.

where you from ,,,,,may i ask...

I'm from America; I'm white.

No, we don't all pay for it one way or another.

We do even people with western partners get royally shafted financially one way or another.

Not all of us pay for it, but 99% do, including in the west. I saw too many men browbeaten by wives who couldn't leave because of the legal reality of child support and permanent alimony hanging over their heads.

You might have done. But not everyone.

No your one of a kind,they broke the mould when you were formed.

Completely one of a kind and have very little in common with most Thai visa members,which is odd as your contribution often revolves around topics,threads and subjects that you really can not connect to because your so inferior.

You don't date Thai women/men do you,so your input is very irrelevant,it's not like dating westerners over here it's very complex.

I may have little in common with you, but I have just as much of a right to post here, and I'll be doing so whether you think I should or not.

Feel free to make use of the ignore function if you're troubled by points of view that diverge from your own.

Before I moved here I lived in Singapore where finding and dating attractive women was extremely easy, but perhaps I'm too nerdy for Thai women.

I assume the hi-so girls are less interested in the bad boy type; am I wrong on that?

Im sorry to learn this.....singapore girls just might be the most entitled, spoilt and dumb females on the planet....you must have a resolve made of reinforced titanium.

Thai women are a different kettle of fish.....bad and mad....which makes the truly insane among us glad.

Im sorry to learn this.....singapore girls just might be the most entitled, spoilt and dumb females on the planet....you must have a resolve made of reinforced titanium.

Thai women are a different kettle of fish.....bad and mad....which makes the truly insane among us glad.

Oh you're quite right. Singapore girls want smart, well-educated men who make good money. It seems to me Thai girls want bad boys who will give them money. A rather different palate.