Online 90 day report problem after renewing passport.

An experience I like to share on the forum as others may stumble into the same problem. I did a search on the forum to see if this problem had been reported previously but could not find it so here it goes.

I have successfully completed the 90 day online report numerous times without any problems but recently I get the famous “go to your immigration office” error message. After questioning immigration both at Chaengwattana and Lad Prao a few times I finally got the answer from a helpful immigration officer:

Once you move your visa information to your new passport you can no longer do the online 90 day report until after you make a trip out of the country with your new passport and obtain a new TM6 card. The reason being is that your TM6 card is linked to your old passport number and therefore will not be accepted if you enter your new passport number online.biggrin.png biggrin.png

BTW getting a new extension of stay took less than an hour at Chaengwattana this morning.

The online reporting system accesses a database that is a record of entries to the country. Until you go out and return your passport number will not be found until you do a new entry.

This has been discussed before. Immigration cannot change the info in the database.

I have a similar and the same problem. I have no record in the database because my last entry was done years ago and I have also gotten a new passport since then. I was advised by immigration to do a border hop for a new entry if I wanted to do online reporting..

With a new passport, once I have exited and re-entered Thailand, will the online system be available to me automatically 90 days after re-entering? Or will I need to do my first 90-day report by mail or in person in order to activate the online system?

With a new passport, once I have exited and re-entered Thailand, will the online system be available to me automatically 90 days after re-entering? Or will I need to do my first 90-day report by mail or in person in order to activate the online system?

You should be able to submit the application after getting a new entry. But your local office might not approve it.

You should be able to submit the application after getting a new entry. But your local office might not approve it.

Any guesses or experience as to whether Chaeng Wattana would approve it?