Has aspirin become illegal in Thailand?

tgarrett100

It is true that you wouldn't want to take a full strength aspirin daily for prevention therapy. It wouldn't make your heart explode but would increase the odds of bad side effects for no benefit. For daily therapy about 80 to 100 or so is standard.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The coats mean nothing, plenty of untrained people behind counters wearing them.

Sheryl, just a followup on something you mentioned above

Is it safe/advisable to keep all/any solid pill medicines in the frig? As opposed to out in room temperature here in Thailand.

Aspirin, antibiotics, sinus meds, etc etc??? Everything OK to keep and store in the frig?

44 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It is true that you wouldn't want to take a full strength aspirin daily for prevention therapy. It wouldn't make your heart explode but would increase the odds of bad side effects for no benefit. For daily therapy about 80 to 100 or so is standard.

Unless under a doctors supervision - a full strength pill is indeed used for some patients - it was used for me and has been used for my sister by doctors in USA for years due very abnormal test readings (not normal test).

Unless under a doctors supervision - a full strength pill is indeed used for some patients - it was used for me and has been used for my sister by doctors in USA for years due very abnormal test readings (not normal test).
Sure but the standard dose for prevention therapy is as I stated.

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sheryl, just a followup on something you mentioned above

Is it safe/advisable to keep all/any solid pill medicines in the frig? As opposed to out in room temperature here in Thailand.

Aspirin, antibiotics, sinus meds, etc etc??? Everything OK to keep and store in the frig?

Yes as long as not at freezing temps.

I keep all mine in the produce section of the fridge

Room temp in Thailand best avoided for any length of time

• Like 1

While on the subject - some people swear by the enteric coating. I don't know much about it, I think I heard that it means it dissolves and is absorbed in your intestines instead of your stomach. Is that true? Is that really better? Does the coating make them "keep" better?

Last time I was back in the US I got a bottle of 500 "low dose" (81 mg) aspirin from walmart. It was a great deal, I think less than US$5, so about $0.01/pill. I looked just now and they're enteric coated.

For those of you above who mentioned aspirin for heart attack/stroke ... DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN FOR A SUSPECTED STROKE!  If it's a hemorrhagic stoke you can (will?) make it WORSE by taking aspirin.

Only if you KNOW it's not a hemorrhagic stroke, would you be safe to take aspirin, but you won't know that without medical diagnosis.  Just because a past stroke was not hemorrhagic, doesn't mean the next one won't be...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...