How to get 30 day extension to METV whilst in Bangkok.

Sorry to ask but the Thai Immigration website is a ... and there are too many complicated threads here about METV nuances.

I have an METV till 11 Feb.

I am in BKK.

Do I simply go to the immigration ofice in Sathorn/Silom area, fill out a form, pay, and thank you very much?

Or do I need to bring along whatever, wait for ??? days....

Any advice welcome.

Edited by ThomasAJ

The office at Sathorn closed several years ago. You will go to immigration at Chaeng Wattana. Map and info on how to get there is here. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

You will get the 30 day extension of your 60 day entry while you wait after you apply for it and pay the 1900 baht fee.

You need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached to it. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

You can apply for it at any time now. You loose nothing by doing early since the extension starts from the date your current entry ends.

You need to apply at the immigration office in The Government Complex, Chaengwattana. Map: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

The extension is issued when you apply. You will have to complete the 'Extension of Temporary Stay in The Kingdom form (TM7). You can download her or get at the immigration office. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download

• 1,900 baht
  • 1 x photo
  • Passport
  • Copies of passport; ID page, Visa, Entry Stamp, Departure card.

You can apply a week or so before Feb 11th. The 30 day extension will start from Feb 12th regardless of how many days early you apply.

When I did my extension at Jomtien in December they wanted a new form filled out by my hotel. Is Bangkok different? Surprised the heck out of me and had to go back to Pattaya, get the form filled out and signed and then go back. Lost my place in the queue!! Barely got it done. I had to do it during a week with holidays at the beginning and at the end.

When I did my extension at Jomtien in December they wanted a new form filled out by my hotel. Is Bangkok different? Surprised the heck out of me and had to go back to Pattaya, get the form filled out and signed and then go back. Lost my place in the queue!! Barely got it done. I had to do it during a week with holidays at the beginning and at the end.

It is different. They don't ask for a TM30 form.

So I started to fill out the TM7 pdf (which by BTW is not able to be found today, y'day was OK, when clicked on from http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download ) and am totally confused by the following on page 2 after 'Address in Thailand'.

'This application is written by' Me I suppose?
Then it goes on to more address info. (but it already asked for the 'Address in Thailand' and so I have entered it there.)
'address no.'
'road'
'Tambon/Khwaeng'
'Amphoe/Khet'
'Changwat'

Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Edited by ThomasAJ

Can you please confirm that this TM30 is now a reqt for a 30d extension on a SETV at Jomtien?

Who fills it out if staying in a condo rented thru a condo rental mngmt company?

Is there a link for the Jomtien-accepted version of the form? Anything needed to accompany this form (rental invoice, confirmation, receipt)?

Can you please confirm that this TM30 is now a reqt for a 30d extension on a SETV at Jomtien?

Who fills it out if staying in a condo rented thru a condo rental mngmt company?

Is there a link for the Jomtien-accepted version of the form? Anything needed to accompany this form (rental invoice, confirmation, receipt)?

A TM30 is needed unless the the management company is registered and to doing the reporting online.to immigration.

The management company can do the TM30 form.

They use the standard TM30 form. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

I would assume they are, just like a regular hotel (I know they make a copy of guests' passports on check-in) but I'll ask. 'Guess it would be prudent to have the completed form with me when I go, regardless.

So a regular tourist staying in a regular hotel is NOT responsible for submitting this form for a 30d extension, correct?

Another question about this that maybe someone can answer. My mother is arriving in a few days, and will need to apply for a 30 day extension to her tourist visa.

She will be staying with us at our house in Pathumthani (just outside of Bangkok).

The Pathumthani immigration office is extremely crowded, very slow, and very difficult. Chaeng Wattana by comparison is a paradise. Can any tourist get an extension at the Chaeng Wattana office, or is it required to go to the office in the province where you are staying?

I was planning on just making up an address in Bangkok and not worry about this issue, but if they require a TM30 form that would be difficult.

The extension must be done at the immigration office where a person is staying.

I have seen no reports wanting a TM30 for an extension done for a tourist visa entry at CW. But the may ask to for some form of proof for the address shown on the application form.

I've just learned that the condo mngmt svc where I'm staying does NOT do this rptg on its guests. It makes the passport copies & then just keeps the info onsite.

So my question is, as a plain vanilla tourist visa holder, am I in some kind of trouble for not rptg myself when I checked in since this place doesn't do it? Do I put myself or the mngmt here on report when I submit my 30d ext request at Jomtien (incl the TM30)?

Edited by hawker9000

I've just learned that the condo mngmt svc where I'm staying does NOT do this rptg on its guests. It makes the passport copies & then just keeps the info onsite.

So my question is, as a plain vanilla tourist visa holder, am I in some kind of trouble for not rptg myself when I checked in since this place doesn't do it? Do I put myself or the mngmt here on report when I submit my 30d ext request at Jomtien (incl the TM30)?

Your permit to stay (visa) status isn't important. The law applies to all visitors. The owner or house-master or possessor of the property should submit a TM30 form when you move in. The maximum fine for not reporting is 2,000 baht but most people seem to be fined 800 baht. There are no consequences beyond the fine.

Although immigration expect the owner, who is often the house-master too, to submit the TM30 they could pass the fine on to you if you are considered the possessor. It's highly unlikely that would happen but possible based on the law. I don't think immigration care too much who submits the form as long as someone does, because it is simply to advise that you are staying at the address.

Providing proof of residence for an extension of stay is different. Some offices ask for/accept a TM30 to be completed specifically by the owner with a copy of their ID and Tabien Baan.

If you stay anywhere that is registered at immigration you don't need the TM30. You only need a receipt to prove that is where you are staying.

And that applies to Jomtien?

Yes

Unfortunately the girl at immigration didn't explain that to me. She just told me it needed to be filled out. I guess you are saying I would need to tell the agent I deal with that the hotel is registered. If it is.