Police close in on foreign gang murdering Spanish businessman

webfact

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how they have planned this in every detail?

1) they didn't bother adding weight to the body parts ensuring that they would not resurface

2) it looks like he was kidnapped whilst entering his condo. No cctv footage?

3) no cctv footage at the banks or ATMs?

Poor guy obviously didn't know about keying in his PIN code in reverse to alert authorities

RIP

What a wonderful idea, I thought... Key in PIN in reverse... I had never heard of that, nor had the wife... So I took " Ireason's" advise, and jumped on Google.

Naaaa... It's a myth.

Apparently the idea has been patented, and there was a hoax about it in 2012, but as yet, (2014) banks have not implemented a "panic" code system.

I don't see how they have planned this in every detail?

1) they didn't bother adding weight to the body parts ensuring that they would not resurface

2) it looks like he was kidnapped whilst entering his condo. No cctv footage?

3) no cctv footage at the banks or ATMs?

Poor guy obviously didn't know about keying in his PIN code in reverse to alert authorities

RIP

What a wonderful idea, I thought... Key in PIN in reverse... I had never heard of that, nor had the wife... So I took " Ireason's" advise, and jumped on Google.

Naaaa... It's a myth.

Apparently the idea has been patented, and there was a hoax about it in 2012, but as yet, (2014) banks have not implemented a "panic" code system.

this article says the technology is there but not many banks use it........http://www.hoaxorfact.com/Technology/enter-your-atm-pin-in-reverse-to-call-police.html

"The latest transaction of money by the victim was over 100,000 US dollars from his Singapore account, a police officer said."

and he did this by internet banking!?,

and no money laundering flags were raised!?,

and the recipient is pulling this sort of cash out of an ATM!?

DAILY ATM TRANSACTION LIMIT AT KASIKORN IS 40000 BAHT

I have transferred sums in the amount stated from Singapore to Thailand when the wife bought the house for example. The Singapore bank phoned me and asked questions before they would send the money. If they took the money out over the counter it would raise eyebrows in any Thai bank I am sure. When the wife bought the house we got a cashiers cheque, so I dont believe it was foreigners who did this. I would never say they couldnt or wouldnt but the way this report is presented it does not look typical of a foreign crime

Depends on your banking relationship.. My primary bankers transfer amounts into the million plus without confirm when receiving fax instruction with my signature and code words. Online banking is a few 100k USD.

As for cash withdrawals.. For a land purchase I was able to get 5 mil, without any prior appointment, over the counter in a fairly small shopping mall branch. Just passbox and Thai DL and out it came. No private room available for counting either so way too public for my taste.

@Post #50

You can read it in the original Thai version of Khaosod.

Google is your friend...

thumbsup.gif

Yes, I read it in Thai as I told you already and I still can't find any quote from Panya saying anything about it must involve Thais because the murder was so outra- geous He said he thought Thais might be involved because there were many aspects to the case, ie he thought there were 5 places that needed to be found The place of the kidnapping, detention, killing ,dissection of the corpse and disposal at various places.

I'm more inclined to believe the translator mistranslated brazen as outrageous for what Panya implies is the case involves too many' logistics' to have been done by foreigners alone

"The latest transaction of money by the victim was over 100,000 US dollars from his Singapore account, a police officer said."

I have transferred sums in the amount stated from Singapore to Thailand when the wife bought the house for example. The Singapore bank phoned me and asked questions before they would send the money. If they took the money out over the counter it would raise eyebrows in any Thai bank I am sure. When the wife bought the house we got a cashiers cheque, so I dont believe it was foreigners who did this. I would never say they couldnt or wouldnt but the way this report is presented it does not look typical of a foreign crime

Depends on your banking relationship.. My primary bankers transfer amounts into the million plus without confirm when receiving fax instruction with my signature and code words. Online banking is a few 100k USD.

As for cash withdrawals.. For a land purchase I was able to get 5 mil, without any prior appointment, over the counter in a fairly small shopping mall branch. Just passbox and Thai DL and out it came. No private room available for counting either so way too public for my taste.

oh boy, you are sooooooo big clap2.gif

(HIM BIG!)

@Post #50

You can read it in the original Thai version of Khaosod.

Google is your friend...

thumbsup.gif

Yes, I read it in Thai as I told you already and I still can't find any quote from Panya saying anything about it must involve Thais because the murder was so outra- geous He said he thought Thais might be involved because there were many aspects to the case, ie he thought there were 5 places that needed to be found The place of the kidnapping, detention, killing ,dissection of the corpse and disposal at various places.

I'm more inclined to believe the translator mistranslated brazen as outrageous for what Panya implies is the case involves too many' logistics' to have been done by foreigners alone

I definitely read the same comment as Ireason refers to, in an earlier edition of the daily posting, and also noticed that the later edition had changed its wording, and wondered why, but Ireason beat me to the punch on questioning it.

That said, I'm also open to believing that there may well have been a mistranslation in the link that he provided

@ Post 69

Perhaps this video report from the web-site you are now on, will help:

@1:45

You are simply quoting a man speaking English reading a translated report. If you know Thai language well you will know he does not speak Panya's name clearly!

Do you really think a high ranking Thai policeman is going to say with the implications the words entail- 'we know Thais are involved because the crime is so outrageous'?

I wager if he said anything like that at all, and there is nothing in the transcript on either The Daily News or Thai Rath to confirm that, he said 'because the crimes was so audacious or brazen.

I know you are keen to link this with the murders in Koh Tao, implying Panya believes Thais were involved in the Koh Tao murders but i think you are barking up the wrong tree or as the Thais say, 'scratching not where it itches'.

Edited by bannork

Surely the only reason that he was murdered was because he recognised his

kidnapper/s? Although Thais may have been accomplices (maybe to commit

the actual murder, remove the corpse, dismember it and dispose of it), this

story smacks of him knowing the person who was extorting the funds.

The amount of cash involved hardly seems to merit a murder, otherwise.

I read somewhere the banks stopped transferring funds from Singapore to Thailand due to suspicions, this could have enraged the gang who then decided killing him and dissecting him was their best 'option'- to silence him and prevent identification of the body.

Thai PBS's badly written articles make me want to throw myself into the river.

Badly written because while compiling the article they think in Thai and then translate it into English and do not take care of that often Thai goes one way while English goes the other way.

When I was instructing maintenance engineering in Thailand I always told the trainees you MUST think in English and until you do which I can detect by the sentence structure of your tests answers you WILL NOT graduate from my course. Without graduating they could not take the FAA exams to obtain the license to work as a technician. As you people in TVF always bring up MONEY well no license , No Salary. I had not much problem with them using proper technical English. Not talking about conversational.

@ Post 69

You are simply quoting a man speaking English reading a translated report. If you know Thai language well you will know he does not speak Panya's name clearly!

Do you really think a high ranking Thai policeman is going to say with the implications the words entail- 'we know Thais are involved because the crime is so outrageous'?

I wager if he said anything like that at all, and there is nothing in the transcript on either The Daily News or Thai Rath to confirm that, he said 'because the crimes was so audacious or brazen.

I know you are keen to link this with the murders in Koh Tao, implying Panya believes Thais were involved in the Koh Tao murders but i think you are barking up the wrong tree or as the Thais say, 'scratching not where it itches'.

Or..... He is simply pointing out the obvious change in wording

And whilst I believe we should keep the B2 issue at the fore, I can't see any link to it, until your post above?

An article linked at elsewhere mentioned that one of the suspects is a Spanish man from Catalunia who knew the victim (identified as "F"). The family of the victim said that during the time he was missing they received messages using expressions in Catalan dialect that the victim normally didn't use, also money was transferred from the victim's bank accounts to accounts in Singapore, Thailand and Spain.

Thai police can show remarkable effectiveness,............and then there is the raid on the Pattaya bridge club. blink.pngbah.gif

The Pattaya Bridge Club.....that insidious den of iniquity......it's about time the long arm of the law slammed the door shut on that den of vipers. How dare they hold more than 120 playing cards.....and how can they go to bed at night with a clear conscious knowing their actions have bought shame on Pattaya from the rest of Thailand! whistling.gif

its 20,000. i have several million in there and theyre total ash holes about letting me spend it so im pulling the max out every time. 20k a day.

Actually, you can go to the bank at any time and request a much higher limit if you want. I did.

thats odd, ive enough in my account but they dicked me around. i told them to swivel on it and im siphoning it off till the account is empty.

@ Post 69

Or..... He is simply pointing out the obvious change in wording

And whilst I believe we should keep the B2 issue at the fore, I can't see any link to it, until your post above?

Get with it farcanell,( aka oh my god in polite lingo), earlier on today iReason (sic) posted these words on the Koh Tao thread ( since removed by mods) to convey the impression Police General Panya believed Thais were involved in the Koh Tao murders.

@Post #84

Sounds like a bit of paranoia and stalking.

Prior, I had posted that Panya had popped up in the news with an interesting take on a murder.

Later, another poster asked for the quote and a link.

I obliged. That's it.

Whatever it conveyed in your mind I'll never know.

And be transparent now, your subsequent unsettled tirades were deleted as well.

Edited by iReason

I read somewhere the banks stopped transferring funds from Singapore to Thailand due to suspicions, this could have enraged the gang who then decided killing him and dissecting him was their best 'option'- to silence him and prevent identification of the body.

better ways to get rid of bodies (eg. feeding to the pigs)... a bit amateuristic to cut up and then just throw in river.

For god's sake man own up-you highlighted in large black letters on the Koh Tao thread about the murders of Hannah and David in relation to the murder of the Spaniard- Panya says Thais must be involved because the crime is outrageous.

Your implication was Panya suspected Thais were involved in the murders of Hannah and Davis.- otherwise why refer to Panya in the Koh Tao thread?

Why would a "foreign" gang make him transfer the money to a Thai bank? It is not likely that his bank in Singapore would have his account in Thai Bhat, in fact they try to dissuade you from having the account in Baht.

Would seem more likely to me that his killers are home grown and not foreign. I could be wrong but foreigners would not want the money in a currency that is of little value elsewhere.

as I understand there was an transaction in USD from one account to the other. So where it was mentioned that USD were changed into Baht? (both accounts would be rather in USD, which is easy to use in Cambodia)