Overstay for 3 years but flying out during last week of April

Hi

I am thai female, my husband is from UK and we have 2 kids. My husband is on overstay for about 3+ years and will be flying back home during last week of April. My self and our kids will also be moving out to UK for 1 month allong with hm.

As deadline for over stayers is March 20. My questions related to my husband's issue:

1.Do you guys think is there any possibility of extending the deadline i.e March 20 to couple of months more.

2.During exit from airport will he be black listed ( he is having justification for the overstay i.e as he had an accident, Medical report and a report from police are available)

3.Or will there be exceptions regarding black listing him as myself and our kids will accompany him with valid document proof that we are a family.

When we are back will he be allowed at Bangkok airport . after one month as soon my husband gets new passport will get thai visa in UK and fly back to thailand. In april he will be flying back with EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOC NOT WITH PASSPORT.

any positive opinions or suggestions are much appreciated.

1.No chance of that.

2. He will be banned from entering. Once on overstay having proof of an injury will do no good because it is possible to get extensions based upon illness or injury.

3. I don't think there will be any exceptions.

Having a new passport will not hide the banning. They will do a name and date of birth search that will reveal the banning.

My only suggestion is that he should leave and then return prior to March 20th.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. Just out of curiosity, I want to know when in UK if changes his name legally and get new passport on new name and when he enters bangkok airport, can the immigration at bangkok airport will be able to trace his record? (my pologies if my question is not accurate)

Have him fly out now and go to a bordering country, pay his fine, and come back in on a new non o visa. Then he won't have as much trouble later in life.

3 years is too long to claim any one thing as the cause. Unless he was in comma.

Really needs to be more careful during strict government rules since he has a family to think about.

• Like 2

Have him fly out now and go to a bordering country, pay his fine, and come back in on a new non o visa. Then he won't have as much trouble later in life.

3 years is too long to claim any one thing as the cause. Unless he was in comma.

Really needs to be more careful during strict government rules since he has a family to think about.

He cant, he hasn't got a passport. The best and only sensible thing is for him to go now to the UK on an ETD.

• Like 1

He cant, he hasn't got a passport. The best and only sensible thing is for him to go now to the UK on an ETD.

He can get the ETD from the UK embassy and travel to other countries besides the UK.

1.No chance of that.

2. He will be banned from entering. Once on overstay having proof of an injury will do no good because it is possible to get extensions based upon illness or injury.

Having a new passport will not hide the banning. They will do a name and date of birth search that will reveal the banning.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. Just out of curiosity, I want to know when in UK if changes his name legally and get new passport on new name and when he enters bangkok airport, can the immigration at bangkok airport will be able to trace his record? (my pologies if my question is not accurate)

That could be done but their is always a possibility of getting caught later.

• Like 1

no excuses for illness, you as his wife could have completed his obligations at Immigration, but lets move on, and forget that.

What happens if you all travel to the UK, then he cannot get a Visa for Thailand as he is blacklisted, and you cannot stay in the UK, this

could happen, then you have to return to Thailand and apply for a Spouse Visa, but your husband has to have savings or a salary of

so much to even start the application.

Suggest a visit to the Embassy or Consulate to get an Emergency travel Document, then fly out of Thailand now, with the 20,000baht

overstay fee, get a visa in a neighboring country and come back, at least he will be legally here, then wait for his new passport and

then fly to the UK for a holiday.

• Like 2

1.No chance of that.

That could be done but their is always a possibility of getting caught later.

I would think it would also depend on the country, if you legally change your name and get a new passport before renewal time it may very well be recorded on the first page of the new passport. I think that would be a question for the passport office of the respective country.

There is still over 6 weeks before March 20th, I would think that it would be more than enough time to get a new passport (assuming you have the documents necessary for the application - like birth certificate etc.). Canada - it now takes 15 business days (though officially it is up to 20 business days).

They have delayed things like this before -- even the SIM registration thing was delayed -- but I would bet money on it it is close to 100% that it will go into force on March 20th.... The only thing I am not sure about is if this will be treated as a way to make more money (i.e. you have overstayed by 90 days but we will not blacklist you if you make it worth our while).

Please remember that they shortly will roll out the finger print entry protocol as in Singapore and I think Malaysia. If anyone has been finger printed previously for a crime they will be stopped and denied entry even if he has changed his name.

Lots of Africans come here, get caught for a minor drug case get 2 years jail, then come back to Thailand with a new identity and funny get caught for another small drug case!

After they have been finger printed the second time, we find the original identity and they have a lot bigger problem.

If you are black banned and caught reentering the Kingdom with a new name you are just deported not jailed!

1.No chance of that.

Years ago I heard this discussed at the xxxxx embassy in Bangkok. The consular officer was explaining that pretty much all countries have records of old name/new name on various government databases and for a simple and good reason.

If they did not have these old/new records then any wanted murderers, sex offenders, terrorists (not suggesting your husband fits these descriptors) could escape very easily.

The consular guy said this is all fully recorded in the immigration database his country uses and is in the international passport database, as soon the the incoming or outgoing immigration officer swipes the barcode on the new passport both old and new names and full details appear on screen which prompts a lot further checking before the person is allowed to proceed.

Is Thailand up to date with all this?

Edited by scorecard

1.No chance of that.

Years ago I heard this discussed at the xxxxx embassy in Bangkok. The consular officer was explaining that pretty much all countries have records of old name/new name on various government databases and for a simple and good reason.

If they did not have these old/new records then any wanted murderers, sex offenders, terrorists (not suggesting your husband fits these descriptors) could escape very easily.

The consular guy said this is all fully recorded in the immigration database his country uses and is in the international passport database, as soon the the incoming or outgoing immigration officer swipes the barcode on the new passport both old and new names and full details appear on screen which prompts a lot further checking before the person is allowed to proceed.

I beg to differ! I know of at least 5 people who have been blacklisted and went to their home countries changes their names and returned and lived happily ever after. Just not in the same location they were blacklisted, cause a cop might recognise you.

There is a register of people who are sex offenders that the i5 countries do keep which does track name changes! Other criminal cases not normally.

Please remember that they shortly will roll out the finger print entry protocol as in Singapore and I think Malaysia. If anyone has been finger printed previously for a crime they will be stopped and denied entry even if he has changed his name.

Lots of Africans come here, get caught for a minor drug case get 2 years jail, then come back to Thailand with a new identity and funny get caught for another small drug case!

After they have been finger printed the second time, we find the original identity and they have a lot bigger problem.

If you are black banned and caught reentering the Kingdom with a new name you are just deported not jailed!

"After they have been finger printed the second time, WE find the original identity and they have a lot bigger problem". Whats with the "WE"? Are you with the immigration or tourist/volunteer police?

no excuses for illness, you as his wife could have completed his obligations at Immigration, but lets move on, and forget that.

What happens if you all travel to the UK, then he cannot get a Visa for Thailand as he is blacklisted, and you cannot stay in the UK, this

could happen, then you have to return to Thailand and apply for a Spouse Visa, but your husband has to have savings or a salary of

so much to even start the application.

Suggest a visit to the Embassy or Consulate to get an Emergency travel Document, then fly out of Thailand now, with the 20,000baht

overstay fee, get a visa in a neighboring country and come back, at least he will be legally here, then wait for his new passport and

then fly to the UK for a holiday.

I think it is Bhat 50,000 not 20

The consular guy was talking nonsense. There is no such thing as "international passport database" except to record lost and stolen database. Countries are suppose not to exchange vital data about a citizen except for criminal investigations.

Thailand just like any other country can only use birth date to make, in first instance, a match from a person to another. Then they can use the pictures taken for each entry or immigration visit, if available

• Like 1

Not worth taking the risk, but despite all the notice, I wonder how consistently the banning will be enforced.

The Immigration service has, for a long time, wanted a more effective deterrent.

I think they will use it consistently and with effect.

The best advice has been given to you above by many people.

Get it fixed NOW.

Dont wait until after March 20. Dont think it wont happen to you. We have ALL been warned.

Leave the kingdom ......NOW ......pay the 20K Baht overstay fine..................get an appropriate visa and come back.

Then use the time until you go to the UK to formalise you status with an appropriate visa for your circumstances.

a simple question........................................is it really worth taking a risk ?????

• Like 1