20,000 Syrian refugees stuck on Turkish border after fleeing Aleppo

rooster59

20,000 Syrian refugees stuck on Turkish border after fleeing Aleppo

post-247607-0-06971800-1454713958_thumb.

Tens of thousands of people are leaving the Syrian city of Aleppo or the refugee camps on its outskirts and fleeing towards Turkey.

Some 20,000 are reportedly stuck at the border crossing of Kilis, and more are on the way. If Syrian government forces launch a full-blooded assault to oust rebels and militant Islamists, it has been estimated as many as a million people may become refugees.

Aleppo is the anti-Assad rebel Syrians’ major prize. It is Syria’s largest city and business centre. On Wednesday its supply route north to Turkey fell to government forces, which now almost entirely surround the city.

In the last 48 hours, following the stalling of Geneva peace talks, government forces have intensified their ground offensive, while the Russian airforce has flown nearly 1000 sorties in the heaviest air bombardment of the near five-year war.

Since 2012 much of the city has been in rebel hands, but lose it and they face the prospect of losing the entire war. The Saudis have recognised they are in dire straits, and say they are prepared to deploy ground troops if their allies do the same.

That is unlikely to happen any time soon. In the meantime media activists in Homs, another rebel-held city, claimed the Russians had dropped internationally-banned cluster munitions that had killed or maimed many civilians. Neither Syria nor Russia is a signatory to the cluster bombs “convention”: http://www.un.org/disarmament/content/slideshow/ccm/ banning the weapons.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-06

Thanks Putin!

Great help. Just what was required......

Thanks USA!

For creating ISIS

Luckily, the reason for ISIS is more than just US involvement. Muslim extremism goes back many, many years. The concept for a caliphate has been around a long time.

Thanks Putin!

Great help. Just what was required......

Thanks USA!

For creating ISIS

A bit harsh but not wrong

Schwarzkopf and daddy Bush had the right idea of kicking Saddam's ass out of Kuwait and then STOP. GW and his neocon w*nk*rs did not understand that.

However, and as stated on another thread, our own Mr Churchill has to take some responsibility

For me, only solution is to take BIG pencil, backed up by European ground troops, and re-draw borders for the great unwashed.

Should be possible to give a homeland for returning refugees and a piece of action for all parties. Doesn't need to be fair. But does need balance and wisdom. Start with no fly zone now

Edited by Grouse

Thanks Putin! Great help. Just what was required......

Thanks USA! For creating ISIS

Luckily, the reason for ISIS is more than just US involvement. Muslim extremism goes back many, many years. The concept for a caliphate has been around a long time.

Granted, but they would not have even tried to think about building a caliphate or anything along these lines with the nice megalomaniac dictators still in place in Iraq, Syria and Libya.

And the Meds would still be closed. Could have lasted my lifetime, if you ask me.

I've got a splendid idea. Why not just keep them there, in Syria, and build a refugee camp under UNHCR supervision with a no-fly-zone.

We could then ship back our criminal guests through Turkey and exchange them on a one-to-one basis with the women, children, and families there.

I mean, almost all those "refugees" In Germany have stated they *are* Syrian, haven't they?

A bit harsh but not wrong

Schwarzkopf and daddy Bush had the right idea of kicking Saddam's ass out of Kuwait and then STOP. GW and his neocon w*nk*rs did not understand that.

However, and as stated on another thread, our own Mr Churchill has to take some responsibility

For me, only solution is to take BIG pencil, backed up by European ground troops, and re-draw borders for the great unwashed.

Should be possible to give a homeland for returning refugees and a piece of action for all parties. Doesn't need to be fair. But does need balance and wisdom. Start with no fly zone now

Western powers drawing lines on maps was a main factor in the creation of this mess.

Edited by Morch

Saradoc1972, on 07 Feb 2016 - 12:46, said:

Nah, those are the engineers, doctors, and skilled workers.

You will have to excuse me Saradoc. All these numbers are blindsiding me.

I was under the impression that the 1.1 Million that had registered in Germany last year were all engineers, doctors, dentists and other highly skilled workers.

Now this 20,000 estimated to be 70,000 are also in the same category.

The 91,000 that have arrived on EU shores in 2016 are also in the same category.

Would the lone unskilled Syrian please identify themselves. I have a job opportunity for you.

Saradoc1972, on 07 Feb 2016 - 12:46, said:

Nah, those are the engineers, doctors, and skilled workers.

You will have to excuse me Saradoc. All these numbers are blindsiding me.

I was under the impression that the 1.1 Million that had registered in Germany last year were all engineers, doctors, dentists and other highly skilled workers.

Now this 20,000 estimated to be 70,000 are also in the same category.

The 91,000 that have arrived on EU shores in 2016 are also in the same category.

Would the lone unskilled Syrian please identify themselves. I have a job opportunity for you.

I've heard that the 20 something year old men will be abstaining from any sexual activity until they get back to their home countries.

Poor old Guardian shoots itself in the foot again.

Just check out all those desperate women and children.

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/06/eu-urges-turkey-to-open-its-borders-to-syrians-fleeing-war-torn-aleppo

On Thursday, the EU approved €3bn (£2.3bn) to help Turkey cope with the number of people.

No comment.

Interesting Picture. Breaks your heart to see this:

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/syrian-civil-warrefugees-big-security-risk-for-to-countries-breaking-news-47896

We are still having 100,000 new refugees per month and we have more than two-and-a-half million registered refugees but we are convinced that more than three million people have already left the country fleeing the war,” he said.

Syrian-Refugees-Global-Security-Risk.jpg

Interesting Picture. Breaks your heart to see this:

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/syrian-civil-warrefugees-big-security-risk-for-to-countries-breaking-news-47896

We are still having 100,000 new refugees per month and we have more than two-and-a-half million registered refugees but we are convinced that more than three million people have already left the country fleeing the war,” he said.

Syrian-Refugees-Global-Security-Risk.jpg

I understand the photo above is an UN released photo of "thousands of Palestinian refugees in the Yarmouk camp in Damascus desperately queuing for food parcels". Yes, terrible conditions & very sad; background from the link...

More than 18,000 people are under siege in the refugee camp and face shortages in food, medicine and clean water. The Yarmouk camp, in the south of Damascus, has witnessed some of the worst fighting in the Syrian capital. The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees described conditions as “apocalyptic” and said the delivery of 6,500 food parcels and 10,000 polio vaccinations were “a drop in the ocean” compared to the needs of residents.

No it does not break our hearts, we do not want them in Europe, let them go to a Muslim country where they belong.

Sorry it doesn't bother you. A shame. The young ones probably don't even know they are Muslims. Just kids.

The British polling organization ORB International, an affiliate of WIN/Gallup International, repeatedly finds in Syria that, throughout the country, Syrians oppose ISIS by about 80%, and (in the latest such poll) also finds that 82% of Syrians blame the U.S. for ISIS.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/polls-show-syrians-overwhelmingly-blame-u-s-for-isis/5476717

The attached are specific poll results:

82% agree “IS [islamic State] is US and foreign made group.”

79% agree “Foreign fighters made war worse.”

70% agree “Oppose division of country.”

65% agree “Syrians can live together again.”

64% agree “Diplomatic solution possible.”

57% agree “Situation is worsening.”

51% agree “Political solution best answer.”

49% agree “Oppose US coalition air strikes.”

22% agree “IS is a positive influence.”

21% agree “Prefer life now than under Assad.”

At this point, only Russia and Iran have been invited to support Syria in its fight with opposition forces. If Turkey and Saudi Arabia enter the fight, that would constitute a war.

"Although Riyadh states about the intention to fight against the Islamic State terrorist organization, there are big doubts about that. It is more likely that the Saudis intend to provide support to those armed formations, which are fighting against the Syrian government forces. The point is that neither Saudi Arabia nor Turkey conceal that they are seeking to remove Bashar Assad from power."

More:
http://tass.ru/en/opinions/854880

TASS actually has a disclaimer that it may not share the opinion of its contributers. One of a few who make the claim true or not.