I Have 1.5 million Baht

Wow...a whole 1.5M...you don't say. Well Bill Heineke started with less so I guess it can be done. Good luck.

And Freddy Heineken started with nothing , now is one of the big players on the worldmarket, also in Thailand.

So, what a bs answer.

Edited by Thian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...a whole 1.5M...you don't say. Well Bill Heineke started with less so I guess it can be done. Good luck.

And Freddy Heineken started with nothing , now is one of the big players on the worldmarket, also in Thailand.

So, what a bs answer.

many started with little or nothing. But they werent interested in bars or massage parlors.

The had a vision! not some silly bargirl wanting to fool w a dinky custome...........lol.

I suggest you stand out in the middle of the street and just give your money away. It's easier that way. Less frustrating than slowly watching your money vanish.

Here's the rub. Eventually you're going to have to do business with the Thais.

Lot's of places in the world to do business. Thailand isn't one of them for a hundred different reasons.

Don't buy property either. It's just far too risky to do business here and invariably a bad financial decision.

You'll learn, grasshopper.

You are talk right :y

but i love thailand , i want living there and i want the best investment with any risk

i try search on any investment without any risk

I suggest you stand out in the middle of the street and just give your money away. It's easier that way. Less frustrating than slowly watching your money vanish.

Here's the rub. Eventually you're going to have to do business with the Thais.

Lot's of places in the world to do business. Thailand isn't one of them for a hundred different reasons.

Don't buy property either. It's just far too risky to do business here and invariably a bad financial decision.

You'll learn, grasshopper.

Do you have a wife? a Gf ? some relative? good friend? if you have strong relationship with one or many thai ... talk with them.... and find something good to do with THEM .... but only if the relationship is strong.

Most of the time they will say don't trust the wife ... don't trust the Thai ..... maybe they have reason...but first thing you learn when you first start trying to understand the people is that you need to learn the language .... that's the best way to know more about them ...try it...talk with them in thai.... they will feel proud that a western does understand and try to understand them.... you are the Foreigner ..... how would you act with someone who come to your country.... and not talk your language ...will you care about them ? and what's are the small detail that can help you care about them in that situation? ..... just think about it.... )

And to live in thailand seem to be fundamental ....travel a lot around the country .... find a place you like ...a Soi ... a specific emplacement ..... and then you can start about what to do in that precise place ....

The 7/11 business is a bad idea if you ain't that rich .... you can do better than a 7/11 on your own with less money ...just have to think smart....

What about the BITCOIN ? been very curious ...But seem to be a risk .... but still i hope some may have some information about it ...... (maybe other money like the BITCOIN will appear ?

You are in thailand..you wanna enjoy the present moment ...so invest the million is good but for a short term..one - two years .. its hard to think carefully about the next 10 years.....

Iot of people talk about bank ..But bank are so complicate to trust .... 1 millions in bank ? if you can have 2 millions in max 5 years would be amazing ..but am dreaming am i ?

then the online market ... invest and support the young creator ....app game ... everything in that domain seem to be a huge sector....

MBK third level .... there is place they fix your computer ..Add movie..song ...program...and they do so in max 24 H ....very impressive .....

Thai people got so much idea ...Sometimes they just need a little support .....

Observation is very important... no one here can tell you what to do or not to do with your money ..... its not because 100 000 farang loose there money that you will loose it ..most of the time they almost do the same mistake ( wife , 7/11 , a bar , etc .... its always the same problem who come back over and over ) so to find the perfect business to do is the hard work to do ...with the right people at the right time ..... life is just pure luck ....good or bad thing can happen to anyone for any specific reason .... future is unpredictable .... in this situation that allow you the possibility to dream of doing something good..something you deeply wanna do .... and to change the Future ....on your own ....

Good Luck

Thanks for your advise

Do you have a wife? a Gf ? some relative? good friend? if you have strong relationship with one or many thai ... talk with them.... and find something good to do with THEM .... but only if the relationship is strong.

Most of the time they will say don't trust the wife ... don't trust the Thai ..... maybe they have reason...but first thing you learn when you first start trying to understand the people is that you need to learn the language .... that's the best way to know more about them ...try it...talk with them in thai.... they will feel proud that a western does understand and try to understand them.... you are the Foreigner ..... how would you act with someone who come to your country.... and not talk your language ...will you care about them ? and what's are the small detail that can help you care about them in that situation? ..... just think about it.... )

And to live in thailand seem to be fundamental ....travel a lot around the country .... find a place you like ...a Soi ... a specific emplacement ..... and then you can start about what to do in that precise place ....

The 7/11 business is a bad idea if you ain't that rich .... you can do better than a 7/11 on your own with less money ...just have to think smart....

What about the BITCOIN ? been very curious ...But seem to be a risk .... but still i hope some may have some information about it ...... (maybe other money like the BITCOIN will appear ?

You are in thailand..you wanna enjoy the present moment ...so invest the million is good but for a short term..one - two years .. its hard to think carefully about the next 10 years.....

Iot of people talk about bank ..But bank are so complicate to trust .... 1 millions in bank ? if you can have 2 millions in max 5 years would be amazing ..but am dreaming am i ?

then the online market ... invest and support the young creator ....app game ... everything in that domain seem to be a huge sector....

MBK third level .... there is place they fix your computer ..Add movie..song ...program...and they do so in max 24 H ....very impressive .....

Thai people got so much idea ...Sometimes they just need a little support .....

Observation is very important... no one here can tell you what to do or not to do with your money ..... its not because 100 000 farang loose there money that you will loose it ..most of the time they almost do the same mistake ( wife , 7/11 , a bar , etc .... its always the same problem who come back over and over ) so to find the perfect business to do is the hard work to do ...with the right people at the right time ..... life is just pure luck ....good or bad thing can happen to anyone for any specific reason .... future is unpredictable .... in this situation that allow you the possibility to dream of doing something good..something you deeply wanna do .... and to change the Future ....on your own ....

Good Luck

Both questions in the OP were answered on another thread I read a day or two ago. I think it was he thread about opening a restaurant in a location with 40,000 baht a month rent near a hospital.

FIRST QUESTION:

In any case, the 2 million baht registered capital apparently is not a problem usually. Apparently most lawyers will overlook that it's not all "paid-in" capital. That's what I gleaned from the thread.

CAVEAT:

If you put 1 million into the company when you open, and you got sued, yo would still be liable for the other million also. IMO, no big deal unless you are opening a motorcycle rental place or hang-gliding business. You're 33, live dangerously!

SECOND QUESTION:

Some local offices of the relevant agency WILL let you get by with 2 employees. Apparently that used to be the figure and some places still accept that. Don't know about Pattaya office.

So go give it a try!

Edited by HikeFromLA

It all depends of what you want, work hard or sit back and relax ? I believe the Thai baht/euro will go to 45 and later to 50....it can take some years for that but we invested in it since 35, now is 40. If Thailand doesn't lower the baht there's no way they get out of trouble.

If the oilprice dips a bit more you can also go long in oil. Sure the price will come up one day.

But for business i would look over the borders, this is Asia and you don't have to stay in Thailand only. I don't know what you're good at and where you're from or what languages you speak.

I miss drivethrough's in BKK, for anything, food, coffee/drinks, bottleshops, bakery..They should be along the main roads and not like Mac Donalds where nobody speaks english.

Soon there will be serious waterproblems, you can start a carwash which recycles water. Or a company who does termite-treatment and at the same time also airconcleaning, so customers don't have to stay home twice for that...maybe also lawnmowing/gardening or other maintenance on their house. The thing is that busy people have money but in weekends don't want to wait for their personell every day.

It all depends of what you want, work hard or sit back and relax ? I believe the Thai baht/euro will go to 45 and later to 50....it can take some years for that but we invested in it since 35, now is 40. If Thailand doesn't lower the baht there's no way they get out of trouble.

If the oilprice dips a bit more you can also go long in oil. Sure the price will come up one day.

But for business i would look over the borders, this is Asia and you don't have to stay in Thailand only. I don't know what you're good at and where you're from or what languages you speak.

I miss drivethrough's in BKK, for anything, food, coffee/drinks, bottleshops, bakery..They should be along the main roads and not like Mac Donalds where nobody speaks english.

Soon there will be serious waterproblems, you can start a carwash which recycles water. Or a company who does termite-treatment and at the same time also airconcleaning, so customers don't have to stay home twice for that...maybe also lawnmowing/gardening or other maintenance on their house. The thing is that busy people have money but in weekends don't want to wait for their personell every day.

very interesting... Thanks

You really think the EUR will be strong against the THB in years? The EU is printing Euros on a massive scam campaign with no end in sight. Look at the GDP to debt ratio of all the EU member countries and their growth, it is devastating. EU is now on the path in banning bank notes. No cash payments over 1000-5000 EUR anymore. All digital. They are preparing for the big crash.

My wife and I established a company in Thailand 3 years ago.

Although our company was very successful and made a nice profit from year one, the only lesson we learnt, was never to make a business in Thailand again. Main reasons: Complicated Administration (especially due to language and laws being understood differently, from district to district), Bad/Low Qualified Accountants/Lawyers, Lack of Social Responsibility/Awareness, Low Qualified Local Employees, Corruption amongst Government Officials and even Racism towards "white people" making money from doing business within Thailand. And the list goes on....

Today all our business activities have been moved outside of Thailand and even if someone gave me a lot of money to start a business in Thailand again, I would never do it.

The only things I have "invested" in so far here is a car and a house. I am prepared and ready to turn my back on that at any time.

Edited by khunpa

Although our company was very successful and made a nice profit from year one, the only lesson we learnt, was never to make a business in Thailand again. Main reasons: Complicated Administration (especially due to language and laws being understood differently, from district to district), Bad/Low Qualified Accountants/Lawyers, Lack of Social Responsibility/Awareness, Low Qualified Local Employees, Corruption amongst Government Officials and even Racism towards "white people" making money from doing business within Thailand. And the list goes on....

Today all our business activities have been moved outside of Thailand and even if someone gave me a lot of money to start a business in Thailand again, I would never do it.

The only things I have "invested" in so far here is a car and a house. I am prepared and ready to turn my back on that at any time.

this is non-sense. Guy made profit from day one. Why not just keep on making money?

Answer- guy wasnt making money - just bloviating how good a businessman he thinks he is.

there is a place in the mountain...where you can go and find the precious Gold....ofc not much information on the topic...but it's an adventure...And gold....right is gold right? so .... options are possible...the problem is most of the time..people will keep it secret ..They don't share the good point... you need information cause you got the money..i understand your position..But better keep it secret.......every where there is some hunters.........they flair the cash ...they wait..and then they attack...... so.... complicate ...Especially Pattaya ...its a good place to make money....but you will need friend.... all type of friend to secure your business...

Can you see guys ...he is giving you an idea of what business to do..... he didn't mean it ...he didn't say much..... but you got interesting information to make sure to do Better... and that's how you can succeed ..... stock all informations you need...... and then stick to your plan..... you got two options...you Fold...or you go All in

Edited by farang95