Does Pattaya Ever Really Sleep? by The Pattaya Sleuth

Inspire

Does Pattaya Ever Really Sleep? by The Pattaya Sleuth

pattaya2.jpg

We often hear that New York is the city that never sleeps but surely the same can be said for Pattaya?

I currently spend quite a lot of my working week in Bangkok and this involves me making the trek to the bus station for the first bus that leaves at 4.30am. Now anyone who has ever caught this bus will know that you need to be there early, very early and from my experience the only people sleeping at that time appear to be the taxi drivers!

So the ‘trek’ to the bus station usually involves a walk from my condo in Naklua. I walk past Tony’s Gym which usually has some people training, past a rather dodgy Chinese restaurant that still has customers, up to Naklua Road. Here you can still hear the noise from the karaoke bars and there are hoards of young Thais hanging around outside, drinking beer and generally relaxing. I continue past some of the bars, most are shut but 9 times out of 10 there will still be a couple open with customers enjoying their final drinks.

As I head up North Pattaya Road you see more people hanging around their pickups, music blaring and comparing stereos – at this time this is obviously the place to see and be seen. The roads are starting to fill up again with people leaving nightclubs and others, like me heading off to work. The street cleaners are in full force and although the place certainly isn’t ‘buzzing’ it is definitely a hive of activity. There are still a couple of restaurants that are open and others that are just opening up.

I arrive at the bus station and the queue for the bus is already around 20 deep and it is still before 4am. You see the same old faces who know the routine of getting there early and basically just waiting. The staff start to arrive and their day starts to begin, the bus leaves minutes early as it is full, we pass the queue that although not as big as before still exists and by now you will have an hour’s wait for a bus. Everything is starting to show signs of life and the next day has started, although was it just a run over from the night before? Who knows, but did Pattaya ever really sleep or was that just my imagination?

Source: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/pattaya-ever-really-sleep/

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2016-02-06

I'm out and about every single morning at the 3 to 4 am hour and the town is rocking.....try Soi Made in Thailand or New Plaza Soi or even Toy Bar across from Mike's shopping mall...always the loud music and folks pissing in the street at that hour....all the time....7/24/365...??

Actually not...I find the town pretty much dead after 10 or 11 o'clock...most of the restaurants and cafes are closed and unless one wants to have a beer and <deleted> girl in one's face, there's not really much to do after that time.

Geez, you need to get out of your hole once in awhile....try Kiss Restuarant in the early hours...sometimes there is a wait for tables by all the pissheads in Pattaya...?

There is always something to do in Pattaya. What a stupid question, very uninspiring. Is this bloke for real? Where is this inspire magazine anyway, I haven't seen a new edition for years, but I see a lot of old copies of inspire in magazine heaps. A lot of fanfare and claims whe it started. Did they run out of money to print it because of not enough advertising? A common story in Pattaya. How many magazines and newspapers have stopped printing due to nobody reading them and therefore nobody advertising in them? I can think of at least ten over the last five years. I saw yet another new one recently. I give it a year at the most.

Pattaya is a tourist town with some nightclubs open until 7am, these are empty until 11pm, must be after OMG is in bed. Heaps to do at any hour with many places with flexible hours if they still have customers. I don't think the market on Pattaya Tai ever closes. Plenty of day time bars open early especially on the dark side. I don't think I have ever felt like there is nothing to do.

Getting up to go to work at 4.30 in Bangkok would suck. I don't really understand farangs who come to live hear before saving enough to retire as then have to work harder here and for way less money than they would at in their home countries while everyone else is living it up in retirement. No point in living in a town that never sleeps if you have to go to bed early to get up to work in the dark.

There is always something to do in Pattaya. What a stupid question, very uninspiring. Is this bloke for real? Where is this inspire magazine anyway, I haven't seen a new edition for years, but I see a lot of old copies of inspire in magazine heaps. A lot of fanfare and claims whe it started. Did they run out of money to print it because of not enough advertising? A common story in Pattaya. How many magazines and newspapers have stopped printing due to nobody reading them and therefore nobody advertising in them? I can think of at least ten over the last five years. I saw yet another new one recently. I give it a year at the most.

Pattaya is a tourist town with some nightclubs open until 7am, these are empty until 11pm, must be after OMG is in bed. Heaps to do at any hour with many places with flexible hours if they still have customers. I don't think the market on Pattaya Tai ever closes. Plenty of day time bars open early especially on the dark side. I don't think I have ever felt like there is nothing to do.

Getting up to go to work at 4.30 in Bangkok would suck. I don't really understand farangs who come to live hear before saving enough to retire as then have to work harder here and for way less money than they would at in their home countries while everyone else is living it up in retirement. No point in living in a town that never sleeps if you have to go to bed early to get up to work in the dark.

Some people's lives don't revolve around the opening and closing time of their local bars.

Pattaya is a tourist town with some nightclubs open until 7am, these are empty until 11pm, must be after OMG is in bed. Heaps to do at any hour with many places with flexible hours if they still havhue customers. I don't think the market on Pattaya Tai ever closes. Plenty of day time bars open early especially on the dark side. I don't think I have ever felt like there is nothing to do.

Some people's lives don't revolve around the opening and closing time of their local bars.

Plenty of restaurants open all night. Sure they close the water parks, sanctuary of truth and noong nuch garden at night. So what do you want to do at midnight? Go to the museum, library? Literally thousands of places open after 10pm in Pattaya. And yes, many of these places sell alcohol. What is your point?

Well, duh. Let see, a large tourist trap city that has something to do all night long--leally? Do you think that makes Pattaya unusual?

Of course there are places to get something to eat and a drink, just as there are in most larger cities. I live in Hatyai; you can find food, drink and social interaction 24/7, even on Buddhist holidays.