Canadian passport photos

frodo77

Fuji on soi buakow (klang end) near the entrance of New Plaza. Research the embassy's specs and show them to the photographer. Remember, no smiling allowed and white background.

Thanks. Just to confirm, have you used them yourself for Canadian passport photos?

When I had to renew my Canadian passport, while living in Pattaya, , I went to Bangkok and there is a shop in a small soi behing the Canadian Embassy buiding that take photo for Canadian passport. The Embassy desk gave me the information.

Walking from Silom Rd go up Saladaeng Street and about 50 meters from the corner, , on you right, you will se a small FUJI photo shop. That is the place.

GPS 13.728436, 100.535933

After you can keep walking up another 100 meters until the Yommarat Alley that lead to the back entrance of the Abdul Rahim building ( CanadianEmbassy )

Using Google map you will see how to get there.

That was 2 years ago...

Whilst it doesnt answer the OP's specific question, the Kodak shop near the corner of Soi 5 and Jomtien Beach Road is cheap and very adept at doing photos suitable for a UK passport (probably due to the proximity of Immigration and, previously, the British consulate). I suspect that if you show them the requirements for the Canadian passport they will be equally good at it. Worth a look anyway and I find it helpful to have a wide selection of photos from different places when getting a passport renewed. That way the official can choose the ones he likes best.

I can't say they meet Canadian standards but I use a photo shop on Pattaya Tai, located opposite Friendship supermarket.

They have a proper white background and do not need to photoshop the photo like many other shops here in Thailand.

The photos here were fine for me to us to obtain my daughters Australian passport.

Canadian passport photo specs are oversized. I got mine at a Kodak shop on Buakhao, south of Lengkee/Diana. About 40 metres south of the corner 7-11, same side. The shop has a big yellow Kodak sign. But you have to tell them white background and no photoshopping. After explaining the situation and showing the specs to the shop, the embassy accepted the product.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

In Pattaya, there is a Kodak shop on 3rd road, west side, about 600m south of Pattaya Klang, near the street that leads to Maxx Central. They have specs for Canadian passport photos and they can make the photos. After they make the photos, you can confirm the photos meet the requirements. I checked the measurements myself, before paying. Yes, I have used the shop.

• 7 months later...