Iranian commander mocks Saudi offer to intervene in Syria

webfact

Iranian commander mocks Saudi offer to intervene in Syria
By Jason Hanna, CNN

(CNN)Saudi Arabia's fresh public willingness to send ground troops into Syria is drawing ridicule from the kingdom's chief regional rival.

The commander of Iran's revolutionary guard on Saturday mocked Saudi Arabia's declaration that it is prepared to commit ground troops to fight ISIS in war-torn Syria.

"They claim they will send troops (to Syria), but I don't think they will dare do so," Maj. Gen. Ali Jafari told reporters in Tehran, according to Iran's semiofficial Fars news agency.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/06/middleeast/syria-civil-war-saudi-iran/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2016-02-08

Iran, YOU shouldn't really mock Saudi Arabia. Yes, we all know, it's absurd that Saudi Arabia is strutting around the place, talking big, and acting as if it will send soldiers to other Middle East countries. They haven't got the soldiers to defend themselves, let alone get involved in other peoples' wars.
But surely, you know that their government is practically a puppet of Washington ?

There will come a day when Washington decides to do it, to attack and invade you, Iran. Washington will use Saudi Arabia as a launch pad and excuse to attack you. And bearing in mind that Saudi Arabia is scared of you, well, Saudi Arabia would love to be a cheerleader for the Americans when they attack and invade you.

Iran, YOU shouldn't really mock Saudi Arabia. Yes, we all know, it's absurd that Saudi Arabia is strutting around the place, talking big, and acting as if it will send soldiers to other Middle East countries. They haven't got the soldiers to defend themselves, let alone get involved in other peoples' wars.

But surely, you know that their government is practically a puppet of Washington ?

There will come a day when Washington decides to do it, to attack and invade you, Iran. Washington will use Saudi Arabia as a launch pad and excuse to attack you. And bearing in mind that Saudi Arabia is scared of you, well, Saudi Arabia would love to be a cheerleader for the Americans when they attack and invade you.

It's true that Saudi Arabia is unlikely to send troops to invade Iran.

Also true that their government is practically a puppet of Washington.

The rest of your post is a farrago of nonsense.

Oh, goodness, I was under the impression that it was Washington that was the puppet of SA!! Did it change with the increased oil production in the US?

At any rate, the Saudis have been very reluctant to do anything much except provide support for the various ME conflicts. Unless they are very, very nervous, I can't see them putting boots on the ground. Do they even have a well-trained military that is capable of campaigns outside of Saudi Arabia?

Oh, goodness, I was under the impression that it was Washington that was the puppet of SA!! Did it change with the increased oil production in the US?

At any rate, the Saudis have been very reluctant to do anything much except provide support for the various ME conflicts. Unless they are very, very nervous, I can't see them putting boots on the ground. Do they even have a well-trained military that is capable of campaigns outside of Saudi Arabia?

Exactly.

It's doubtful that the Saudis are capable of invading any country that hasn't already been reduced to rubble.

As far as who is whose puppet in the Middle East, that subject could be debated endlessly.

I would argue that the Saudi Arabia we see today it's relationship to the Obama administration is practically unrecognizable compared to what it was before Obama. The mainstream news seems as clueless as our leaders in predicting what will happen in the Middle East, so here is another view. Saudi Arabia and her allies will depose the Iranian regime. Time will of course be the judge.

http://www.thomaswictor.com/strategic-special-forces-are-about-to-go-to-war/

There isn't a Saudi general who could dress for battle without the assistance of at least three Philipino servants!

The Iranians mocking Saudi Arabia is perhaps the first thing lately I admire Iran for. Of course SA should be mocked. SA is like a drama queen prancing about on stage, directing the cast here, there, ensuring props have the desired effect, and offering histrionics when the stage is upset. As choreographer of most things jiahd, and the champion of "not jihad" at the same time, Saudi Arabia should be parodied as the deceivers.

EDIT: I wanted to attach a tongue and cheek video to poke at Saudi drama choreography (an odd video to find, I thought) and came across this to reinforce my point above. This girl (SA) totally captures the sense I have at SA's responses to Syrian/Middle Eastern problems).

The US invade Iran? There is lots of crazy being sold on this forum, you don't need to take it to a new level. The US had ample reason in the past to fo this and never has. Iran has never been a direct threat to the US and has never been seen as one by the US. Admittedly, Hezbolla is a threat to Isreal but so is everyone else. Besides, who will keep the out of control Sunnni "freinds" honest if not Iran.