Prominent Buddhist monk fans anti-Muslim sentiment in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just create an independent state then and send all Thai Muslim there, everyone happy thumbsup.gif

Nope.

Those people who are Thai and Muslim appear to be very happy being part of Thailand.

Those in the South who view the Thai state as a foreign occupying force are less sanguine about the current situation.

The conflict is not about faith, it is a separatist conflict.

It would be wrong to segregate and deport Thais from their own country because some cannot accept that fact.

Just to raise a small point. Why does Thailand not donate the provinces ceded to Thailand in 1909 back to Malaysia? Presumably the Buddhist population has been there for a long time, and has co-existed quite satisfactorily until recently. If not they could relocate to 'mainland' Thailand using the funds released from policing and supporting the Islamic provinces. Then the tossers who want independence are happy, Thailand ceases to lose its soldiers to terrorist activity. The borders can be closed , even build a wall/fence and the Islamic populace can then ponce off the Malaysian government for education, healthcare and follow the Islamic laws of Malaysia. Every body has what they want, Thailand has peace within it's borders and a big reduction on loss of life and finances, the Islamists have their own country to starve in. Too simple?

Pattani was never part of Malaysia.

The conflict could be ended the people that "matter" are fine with the status quo as long as long as the violence stays localized doesn't effect business interests in Bangkok, etc.

Independence isn't realistic but autonomy is... but that won't happen because the elite will worry that areas in the North, Northeast, etc., will also demand more local control.

On a related topic, I recently saw people collecting donations to buy bullet proof vests for soldiers based in the South.

The Thai government really can't afford this? Considering who controls the budget, this is evidence that that the lives of the soldiers aren't viewed as a high priority.

As a Buddhist myself I find this kind of behavior by these monks unskillful and very un Buddhist. Thailand in general seems to have a very warped form of Buddhism that often seems to miss the whole point.

Edited by AZBill

Now we have a Buddhist violence preacher.
Interesting to read here, how he is criticized.
Well to right.

Compared with that,
are the Islamist hate preachers are also equally criticized in islamist forums and in their communities?
If so, I wonder, that in southern Thailand almost never the bombers and terrorists be caught.
Nobody saw anything, no one can give hints somehow, the terrorists always can submerge and find shelter somewhere!
Strange.

Edited by tomacht8

Just to raise a small point. Why does Thailand not donate the provinces ceded to Thailand in 1909 back to Malaysia? Presumably the Buddhist population has been there for a long time, and has co-existed quite satisfactorily until recently. If not they could relocate to 'mainland' Thailand using the funds released from policing and supporting the Islamic provinces. Then the tossers who want independence are happy, Thailand ceases to lose its soldiers to terrorist activity. The borders can be closed , even build a wall/fence and the Islamic populace can then ponce off the Malaysian government for education, healthcare and follow the Islamic laws of Malaysia. Every body has what they want, Thailand has peace within it's borders and a big reduction on loss of life and finances, the Islamists have their own country to starve in. Too simple?

Pattani was never part of Malaysia.

The conflict could be ended the people that "matter" are fine with the status quo as long as long as the violence stays localized doesn't effect business interests in Bangkok, etc.

Independence isn't realistic but autonomy is... but that won't happen because the elite will worry that areas in the North, Northeast, etc., will also demand more local control.

On a related topic, I recently saw people collecting donations to buy bullet proof vests for soldiers based in the South.

The Thai government really can't afford this? Considering who controls the budget, this is evidence that that the lives of the soldiers aren't viewed as a high priority.

They already have magic amulets to protect them, much better than bullet proof vests

The religion isn't under threat it's that many of the so-called upholders of the religion are scum.

Every religion is under threat from Islam

AND every non-religion...

...they hate everyone including atheists. They hate themselves also. Islam is religion of dominance, misogyny, bigotry and hate.

Religion in general is subjective superstition. Islam is subjective superstition on steroids. Islam is a disease which is becoming a real pandemic and destroying the world. Forget about SARS, Dengue, Bird Flu, Zika or Flesh Eating Virus. Islam is a real threat which is spreading around the world at an alarming rate.

Edited by Skeptic7

The religion isn't under threat it's that many of the so-called upholders of the religion are scum.

...they hate everyone including atheists. they even hate themselves too. Islam is religion of dominance, misogyny, bigotry and hate.

Religion in general is subjective superstition. Islam is subjective superstition on steroids. Islam is a disease which is becoming a real pandemic and destroying the world.

Yawn.

Hate is staring at you from your mirror.

Take a look.

...they hate everyone including atheists. They hate themselves also. Islam is religion of dominance, misogyny, bigotry and hate.

Religion in general is subjective superstition. Islam is subjective superstition on steroids. Islam is a disease which is becoming a real pandemic and destroying the world. Forget about SARS, Dengue, Bird Flu, Zika or Flesh Eating Virus. Islam is a real threat which is spreading around the world at an alarming rate.

I totally agree

...they hate everyone including atheists. they even hate themselves too. Islam is religion of dominance, misogyny, bigotry and hate.

Religion in general is subjective superstition. Islam is subjective superstition on steroids. Islam is a disease which is becoming a real pandemic and destroying the world.

Yawn.

Hate is staring at you from your mirror.

Take a look.

what part of his opinions do you find fault with? All seems bang on the money.

He's right, Afghanistan used to be Buddhist too, and look at it now.

In Afghanistan 2001 Taliban blow apart 2,000 years of Buddhist history.

The statues were UNESCO listed World Heritage Site.

And exist there long time before Islam was a religion.

From this everybody can see that Islam is not a religion of peace and tolerance.

They do not accept any other people who belief in other religions or are atheists.

The moderate majority of Islamists tolerate the acts of extremists.

The Islamic societies are unable to discipline their radical elements itself.

And now a Thai, Buddhist monk speaks exactly the same language as their hate preachers.

That does not surprise me.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/mar/03/afghanistan.lukeharding

Edited by tomacht8

@Alwyn

You

Me

It's putrid hatred masking itself as thought.

Why hatred? It could be pure fear masking itself as thought. I lived in the area (being in the middle east) in the late 70s and what I learned there was that the Arabs have a totally different belief system to westerners. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but very different. Back in those days there was no "Muslim v Jew/Christian/anybody it was Arab v etc.. The Muslim thing started when the Arab countries were getting their collective backsides kicked every time they attacked Israel. I think it was Syria (but it might have been Iran) who turned it into a religious thing by announcing to the World that all Muslims around the World should join this battle against the Jews. It's just really snow-balled since then. Now jihadists are invoking Sharia as a catch all excuse for violence and hatred. Most Islamic scholars revile Sharia as it totally contradicts the Quran but that's another story. Fear can breed hatred I guess. But all that aside, Muslims/Arabs definitely do have a different belief system and on a personal level, I don't believe it's compatible with my own belief system.

@Alwyn

You

Me

Why hatred? It could be pure fear masking itself as thought. I lived in the area (being in the middle east) in the late 70s and what I learned there was that the Arabs have a totally different belief system to westerners. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but very different. Back in those days there was no "Muslim v Jew/Christian/anybody it was Arab v etc.. The Muslim thing started when the Arab countries were getting their collective backsides kicked every time they attacked Israel. I think it was Syria (but it might have been Iran) who turned it into a religious thing by announcing to the World that all Muslims around the World should join this battle against the Jews. It's just really snow-balled since then. Now jihadists are invoking Sharia as a catch all excuse for violence and hatred. Most Islamic scholars revile Sharia as it totally contradicts the Quran but that's another story. Fear can breed hatred I guess. But all that aside, Muslims/Arabs definitely do have a different belief system and on a personal level, I don't believe it's compatible with my own belief system.

Been through this with you in past. I find your views incompatible with my own.

The post was that of a bigot.

@Alwyn

You

Me

Indeed, you would think that. Anybody who's beliefs or thought veer from your own and it's name-calling time!!! I won't lower myself to your level - which is lower than whale sh*t - by responding with name-calling. I'll just wish you a nice evening

@Alwyn

You

Me

Indeed, you would think that. Anybody who's beliefs or thought veer from your own and it's name-calling time!!! I won't lower myself to your level - which is lower than whale sh*t - by responding with name-calling. I'll just wish you a nice evening

I didn't call you anything. I was referring to the poster I responded to and you took issue with.

I call a bigot when they post a view based on prejudice and hate.

Calling someone whale faeces is, by the way, name calling.

Sleep well.

The monk is right, we are all under threat from Islam, its always been a conquering expansionist ideology. Islam has never been interested in equal rights for un bleivers, equality for different faiths or freedom of thought. The threat is not from Muslims, it's the faith they have been brainwashed into that's the problem

I find monks in this region have an unusual capacity to get angry when it matters, despite going against everything they're supposed to practise. This whole region has been suffering from religious strife for centuries.

Doesn't really matter what faith or brainwashing is involved, you will never kick a thai off their land. We're safe as *houses*

@Alwyn

You

Me

You are consistent bluespunk i'll give you that, is he a bigot because his views differ from yours? You are a bigot in your own way but then we all are but hey who cares about a title.

@Alwyn

You

Me

I didn't call you anything. I was referring to the poster I responded to and you took issue with.

Sleep well.

You're going to have to enlighten me. Where in my post do I display hatred? I just opined that their belief system is different t mine. Thais also have a different belief system to mine and as I said before, it doesn't mean it's right or wrong. It means it's different. If you can't get your head around that, then I would say you're not as smart as you seem to think you are.

@Alwyn

You

Me

You are consistent bluespunk i'll give you that, is he a bigot because his views differ from yours? You are a bigot in your own way but then we all are but hey who cares about a title.

They are a bigot because they write in terms to inflame hate.

@Alwyn

You

Me

Sleep well.

No problem being called a bigot for calling out a belief system of bigotry...aka Islam...The Religion Of Peace.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
  1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

My intolerance is against Islam..."the religion of peace"...which is absolutely a superstition of ignorance, dominance, intolerance, misogyny and hate. My intolerance is against those who feel it is their duty, based on ancient, ignorant, superstitious dogma, to inflict death or terror or some other radical change on those who don't accept their brand of BS. Damn right I'm intolerant against those holding beliefs and opinions such as these!

Nothing I stated about The Superstition Of Peace is untrue. Maybe not PC, but no problem being called Politically Incorrect either. Name calling and labeling someone a bigot or politically incorrect does not in any way deflect the truth, nor belie the facts. Facts are still facts whether people choose to accept them or not...and trying to divert or dilute the facts and/or move away from the topic based on emotion or personal interest is disingenuous at best. coffee1.gif

@Alwyn

You

Me

Sleep well.

No problem being called a bigot for calling out a belief system of bigotry...aka Islam...The Religion Of Peace.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
  1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

My intolerance is against Islam..."the religion of peace"...which is absolutely a superstition of ignorance, dominance, intolerance, misogyny and hate. My intolerance is against those who feel it is their duty, based on ancient, ignorant, superstitious dogma, to inflict death or terror or some other radical change on those who don't accept their brand of BS. Damn right I'm intolerant against those holding beliefs and opinions such as these!

Nothing I stated about The Superstition Of Peace is untrue. Maybe not PC, but no problem being called Politically Incorrect either. Name calling and labeling someone a bigot or politically incorrect does not in any way deflect the truth, nor belie the facts. Facts are still facts whether people choose to accept them or not...and trying to divert or dilute the facts and/or move away from the topic based on emotion or personal interest is disingenuous at best. coffee1.gif

The topic is about a bigoted monk spreading hate.

Your off topic bigotry is not related to the topic.

You're just using it to spread your own intolerance and prejudices.

bigotry
Synonyms of bigotry in English: noun
Edited by Bluespunk

It's easy to hate pedophiles, wife beaters, child molesters, people intolerant of gay peoples rights, slaughters of animals using crude methods and people who threaten to kill you because your not one of them.

With moslems all the above are rolled into one!

Unfortunately, it is religious extremists of any faith who cause the problems. They interpret their faith as superior to all others and cannot accept that religion is basically the historical laws by which, if people follow, society can exist in relative harmony.

Of course it is true that extremists cause problems. But Islam, by scripture, does not exist in harmony with those in an opposing religion. And thus even a merely conservative Islamic interpretation of their faith can cause problems for others. Saudi Arabia adheres to a conservative interpretation of Islam. Try living in anything close to a harmonious existence in Saudi as a Christian or a Jew. It gets even worse for those who are "not of the book".

Of course, this kind of approach is nonsense. If you look at the historical record, for most of its history Islam has been far more tolerant of Jews and Christians than Christians have been of Jews and Moslems. It was really only with the decline of the power of the church and the rise of secularism, particularly the enlightenement, that Christian bigotry began to decline.

It's easy to hate pedophiles, wife beaters, child molesters, people intolerant of gay peoples rights, slaughters of animals using crude methods and people who threaten to kill you because your not one of them.

With moslems all the above are rolled into one!

Oh! I thought you were talking about Tories!

• 2 weeks later...