Leopard enters Indian school, mauls six people

webfact

Leopard enters Indian school, mauls six people

606x341_323559.jpg

BANGALORE: -- A leopard, which sneaked into a school in India and mauled six people, has been caught and relocated.

The eight-year-old male entered the campus on the outskirts of Bangalore in the early hours of Sunday morning (February 7), but wasn’t spotted until the afternoon when it attacked an employee, local media report.

It managed to evade capture for almost ten hours after discovery. Two tranquiliser darts finally took an effect allowing rescuers to safely take the big cat away to a national park.

Officials speculate the leopard strayed into the school from a nearby forest.

Conservationists warn similar incidents could become more and more frequent as urban zones expand and encroach on animal habitats.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-09

That would have been shot in no time in Thailand.

I wonder why the cultural difference. Perhaps it is the widespread ownership of guns here (many home-made), the popularity of hunting, the lack of social taboo over killing wild animals in Thailand, the ubiquitous wildlife trade.

You're not in Bangalore now.

That would have been shot in no time in Thailand.

I wonder why the cultural difference. Perhaps it is the widespread ownership of guns here (many home-made), the popularity of hunting, the lack of social taboo over killing wild animals in Thailand, the ubiquitous wildlife trade.

You're not in Bangalore now.

Just for the record, if anyone sees a leopard attacking me, they have my full approval to shoot it.

Leopards doing just what Leopards do naturally .................. besides he was pbly trying to figure out how to get out of that place...............I know an Indian wife of a Brit Diplomat, she was mauled as a child by a Panther someone was keeping in there garage as a pet, when the door was opened, all the big people started running, left the little one the only target - face was clawed terribly. Took years of operations tout it back together. No one, even her, blamed the panther, they blamed the neighbor who paid for all her operations.