Capital woman victim of year's first acid attack

geovalin

Phnom Penh’s Meanchey district saw the first acid attack of 2016 on Monday night, with police currently hunting a husband accused of assaulting his wife with what is believed to be motorbike battery acid after a marital dispute.

According to victim Sum Sokny, 23, she and her husband Nget Phally, 27, had been in the process of getting a divorce. However, when Phally sought to end the proceedings, said district police chief Teng Sino, Sokny “did not agree, therefore an argument started, and he threw the acid and ran away”.

Speaking from hospital yesterday, Sokny said she and her husband had been arguing in the rented room they shared for about a month. Over that time, she said, Phally had become consumed with the notion that Sokny was having an affair.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national

Year's "first" acid attack...chilling thought...apparently they expect many more before the year is over...I thought only the idiots in the ME used acid to show their disdain for a female who rebuffs their unwanted sexual advances...

Year's "first" acid attack...chilling thought...apparently they expect many more before the year is over...I thought only the idiots in the ME used acid to show their disdain for a female who rebuffs their unwanted sexual advances...

It is most common in South Asia with:

"Bangladesh has the highest reported incidence of acid assault in the world".

When I was working as a photographer I once met a victim who came to have their photograph taken.

Words cannot express the magnitude of my hatred for the perpetrators.