Renting Condo Require a Work Permit?

There's no official requirement for someone renting to have a work permit as plenty of people rent here who aren't working and don't have a WP.

However, the owner of the property may decide they only want to rent to someone who is working. In which case they will want to see a WP. It just gives them an extra level of comfort around the person renting and their ability to remain in the country and actually pay their rent.

To "rent out" their own personal condo, if that's what you mean, a foreign owner wouldn't need a work permit.

There's no official requirement for someone renting to have a work permit as plenty of people rent here who aren't working and don't have a WP.

However, the owner of the property may decide they only want to rent to someone who is working. In which case they will want to see a WP. It just gives them an extra level of comfort around the person renting and their ability to remain in the country and actually pay their rent.

To "rent out" their own personal condo, if that's what you mean, a foreign owner wouldn't need a work permit.

Thank you for the reply and what I had always thought.

Went to Jomtien Immigration today and was denied a TM86 change of visa because my renter is an American without a work permit, even though he's here on an extended stay based on retirement it's a no go for my proof of residence.

Archived