Rental Contract for Retirement Extension--Farang Owner Must Have Work Permit?

My friend went to get his first retirement extension at Pattaya immigration.

They asked for the rental contract and copies of the condo owners passport and work permit. Well, the owner of the condo has a retirement visa, not a work permit.

Any ideas about this, and how to solve my friend's problem?

• Like 1

Whether or not a landlord requires a work permit is moot. The landlord should at least have a tax ID and submit tax returns on the income. Maybe confirmation that the landlord is registered with the Revenue Department might be sufficient.

The same problem was reported today at Jomtien. Report.

Whether or not a landlord requires a work permit is moot. The landlord should at least have a tax ID and submit tax returns on the income. Maybe confirmation that the landlord is registered with the Revenue Department might be sufficient.

Um......Pattaya and Chonburi Immigration are one and the same. So is Jomtien Immigration. coffee1.gif

Um......Pattaya and Chonburi Immigration are one and the same. So is Jomtien Immigration. coffee1.gif

Yes I know. thumbsup.gif