PM Prayut apologizes for latest flare-up at reporters

webfact

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha Apologizes for Latest Flare-up at Reporters

BANGKOK – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha gave an cold shoulder to a troop of reporters at Government House as he arrived for a meeting yesterday.

Before attending the annual internal security meeting in the morning, he encountered the reporters, who greeted him a “wai” of respect. Prayut returned the gesture, but remained silent and stony-faced before walking past them to the meeting room.

The Premier later told the meeting that people may or may not understand his recent bouts of anger, but he had been trying his best to curb his emotional expressions.

“Soldiers are hot-tempered, but once addressed, we are always ready to improve [our responses],” he said.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prime-minister-prayut-chan-o-cha-apologizes-for-latest-flare-up-at-reporters.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-02-12

Soldiers are hot tempered so don't blame me as I'm just in ' character ' but it's hardly the best temperament for a leader supposed to be making sound, logical and well thought out decisions to have and he's admitted it.

The guy should be taking Prozac.

Soldiers are hot tempered so don't blame me as I'm just in ' character ' but it's hardly the best temperament for a leader supposed to be making sound, logical and well thought out decisions to have and he's admitted it.

The guy should be taking Prozac.

Poster Boy !

Good, disciplined, seasoned, PROFESSIONAL soldiers are NOT hot tempered. In fact to the contrary, they are highly disciplined and adept at putting the deadpan face on when times get tough. This guy was never a real soldier, and is now a pure embarrassment to Thailand.

Oh and also have to throw in that this Sanserm guy is such a BS artist that it is actually painful to read anything that he's said because 99.999999999% of it is total nonsense. Thailand is doomed if these people are ever allowed near politics again in future

Edited by z42

I'm sorry but he's a excuse for a PM and with his statement of soldiers being hot tempered proves he's not a soldier either.

A good serviceman or woman is disciplined and always in control as the job requires a level of control and controlled thinking.

To be in a war zone and have to keep a clear head and make the right choice for you ,your men and the task at hand need a steely special type of person who's been trained to the highest standards...Sadly this guy falls short in every way

For gods sake he's only dodging reporters not bullets...Has he actually ever seen action ?? I would think not !

Good, disciplined, seasoned, PROFESSIONAL soldiers are NOT hot tempered. In fact to the contrary, they are highly disciplined and adept at putting the deadpan face on when times get tough. This guy was never a real soldier, and is now a pure embarrassment to Thailand.

Oh and also have to throw in that this Sanserm guy is such a BS artist that it is actually painful to read anything that he's said because 99.999999999% of it is total nonsense. Thailand is doomed if these people are ever allowed near politics again in future

Not entirely true, in 1983 col. Prayut and his boys where surrounded by Vietnamese troops in Phanom Pa on Thai soil. He was about to be destroyed when buddy junior Udomdej came to the rescue, They fought the Vietnamese troops for a month before reclaiming Thai soil and pushing the Vietnamese back over the border. But for the rest I agree completely.

Not entirely true, in 1983 col. Prayut and his boys where surrounded by Vietnamese troops in Phanom Pa on Thai soil. He was about to be destroyed when buddy junior Udomdej came to the rescue, They fought the Vietnamese troops for a month before reclaiming Thai soil and pushing the Vietnamese back over the border. But for the rest I agree completely.

and who wrote that? lol

"Soldiers are hot-tempered".
Well, in a normal army, soldiers are taught to keep cool under pressure, but then again Thai military has aircraft carrier without aircrafts, submarine base without submarines and wants to buy tanks for jungle and mountain warfare - I guess it is considered normal in their own parallel universe.

Edit: Yesterday scientists announced they have observed the warping of space-time generated by the collision of two black holes - are they sure it wasn't just the general's ego inflating?

Edited by skildpadden

This guy may have been the leader of the Army, but how many battles has he fought in? How many bullets has he dodged in battle? Where is the discipline he talks about? Where is the demonstration of that discipline, in real life. It takes so little to rattle his cage. Has anyone, anywhere in the world seen a general who is so thin skinned? I am not talking about self appointed generals like Gaddafi, and Fat Kim. I am talking about real world generals, and Army leaders. He is so over sensitive, and it suggests very, very low self esteem.

This guy reminds me alot of Donald Trump. A lot of comic value, but absolutely nothing in the way of leadership ability, or political aptitude.

Edited by spidermike007

Soldiers are hot-tempered, but once addressed, we are always ready to improve

What a rubbish ! angry.gif

Why soldiers have the right to be hot-tempered?

Ready to improve doesn't say anything. It's not even a promise!

It's only about education and manners. And there is a big hole (lack) in this PM

Soldiers aren't hot tempered, they are obedient. Spoiled children are hot tempered.

and who wrote that? lol

Bangkok post had a story about this - google it