Has anyone in Chiang Mai obtained Thai citizenship

THAIJAMES

^^ Well it was one of the original published perks.. Which then turned into a kind of 'we will own it as a nominee'. which was then pointed out as being pretty much textbook illegal.. So was pulled, after people had paid money..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Searched the BP website and can find nothing on Thai Elite Visa +owning land

Article title is “Thailand Elite Card plans premium service upgrade”. Wonder of forum rules prohibit a Google Feeling Lucky link?

Excerpt from Bangkok Post article: “TPC expected this idea to be approved by the government after it allowed members to buy property in Thailand”.

That’s all it says, and not sure if this idea refers to the previous paragraph which is an idea about teaming up with suppliers of “super cars”, nor if property would be arbitrary land plots.

The new perks should be made available at the end of this year, so I guess we’ll soon find out.

Personally I think it sounds like they are desperate (for attracting customers) and just tossing around ideas without having the proper authority to actually implement them, nor any customer data that shows that they would work.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you older fellows may remember Mad Mike from Mae Rim (long dead now). Mike did have a Thai passport with his beaming white face. There were also transit stamps inside, so if he made a fake one ...it worked. :-) If I remember correctly, he received it over 30 years ago.. ...Ken

Thank you Egypte, I know that people in Chiang Mai have obtained citizenship. I was hopping that he or she was a Thai Visa reader so that they could share their experience and tips on how to obtain citizenship with the rest of us.

Thank you Egypte, I know that people in Chiang Mai have obtained citizenship. I was hopping that he or she was a Thai Visa reader so that they could share their experience and tips on how to obtain citizenship with the rest of us.

Well as I have never paid taxes in Thailand it's a No Go for me, my application would be rejected.

Archived