Thai Immigration Unveiles New (APPS) Screening System

rooster59

Thai Immigration Unveiles New (APPS) Screening System

BANGKOK – According to Immigration Security Authorities the Nation is more secure now thanks to a new screening system at the recently opened Thai Immigration 24/7 centre in Suan Plu.

The system uses an “Advanced Passenger Processing System” (APPS) to stop “undesirable” foreigners from coming to Thailand based on data gathered at their point of origin.

Police Lt-General Nathathorn Prousoontorn, chief of the Immigration Bureau, told The Nation that the APPS would screen incoming passengers before a decision was made whether to let them in to the country.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/thai-immigration-unveiles-new-apps-screening-system.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-01-14

So every port of entry will be linked to a central database. Ok. Then some guy gets the passengers name and types it in. His database is linked with every countries database that contains the names of all known criminals + Interpol's database. Got it. We are all in safe hands nowblink.png Wonder how much this 'system' is going to cost...

This will soon be complimented by the Personal Enumeration Nationality Immigration System, or...

Which is what these clowns are.

If their system is so hot, why not prevent the passenger from boarding, instead of waiting for them to arrive, only to deny entry, and what? Lock them in the IDC? Pay for their return ticket?

What?

So Immigration won't need us to report every 90-days in future, since they've pre-screened & barred the undesirable low-quality tourists before they even arrived, right ? whistling.gif

And standby for an increase in the departure-tax, to cover the cost of the new system, just hope it's better than the online-reporting software ! wink.png

It is not the machines, it is the people who operate and monitor them, you can put a monkey for example,

being in charge on the most sophisticated machine and all you going to get is monkey results...

The results of paying peanuts?

This will soon be complimented by the Personal Enumeration Nationality Immigration System, or...

Which is what these clowns are.

If their system is so hot, why not prevent the passenger from boarding, instead of waiting for them to arrive, only to deny entry, and what? Lock them in the IDC? Pay for their return ticket?

What?

Nah. It's an Advanced Screening System. wink.png

from article:

"The system uses anAdvanced Passenger Processing System” (APPS) to stop “undesirable” foreigners from coming to Thailand based on data gathered at their point of origin."

from wikipedia:

"The Advance Passenger Information System[1] or APIS (often incorrectly called Advanced Passenger Information System)" smile.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Passenger_Information_System

"He added that criminal data from Interpol would be linked to the APPS system this year so authorities could intercept criminals coming in to the country."

Thanks for the warning.

"Ernst Stavro Blofeld? Mr. Blofeld, I see you have a new passport."

"Yes, I lost my old passport inside my hollow volcano headquarters in Japan which was destroyed by a British Secret Service Agent while I was trying to start World War III."

"I see. Well your name is not in the APPS system. Welcome to Thailand."

Edited by NCC1701A

It is not the machines, it is the people who operate and monitor them, you can put a monkey for example,

being in charge on the most sophisticated machine and all you going to get is monkey results...

Every single post of you throughout the year is full of love comprehension and leniency for this country and its people, congratulation!

Let's hope your positive example will help ThaiVisa to become a better place for exchanging balanced opinions about this country thumbsup.gif

Let's hope that it works better than their 90 day online reporting system.

I would really be impressed if they got the 90 day system working properly as well plus get our queue system up and running again. It would make the new immigration office more palatable here in Chiang Mai. I would be super impressed if they could see the obvious flaws in the present system and how it is not serving the expats here. There are so many simple things that would make the system the showpiece of the world but it cost money and I think that is the big stumbling block. Yes they will get a lot of press over touting the new system but as another poster states you have to be trained to run it and MAINTAIN it.

So every port of entry will be linked to a central database. Ok. Then some guy gets the passengers name and types it in. His database is linked with every countries database that contains the names of all known criminals + Interpol's database. Got it. We are all in safe hands now:blink: Wonder how much this 'system' is going to cost...

There is money left over for "we are going to buy tanks maybe could be yes we are now has come out in the press. Its the same old U turn they have done on every major project subs and single gateway. They also hope the populous will understand yeah sure. Back when I was a kid we called this flim flamming.

Honestly they are not going to get far with that information, and of course anyone who wanted to avoid detection could still get a flight to Laos and just come over the friendship bridge.

Or just bribe an Immigration official, like everyone else. What a joke.

Bribe ah yes the method to their madness. A little advance notice to increase donations what a clever plan.