Why are there so many farang problem drinkers in Thailand?

sheepishkiwi

how do you SJW's not see that you guys are the biggest racists on this infinitely worthless and puny planet in the grand scheme of things?

Are black people are allowed to be SJWs?

I though it was a 'white only' club.

Of course blacks can be 'SJW's'... newest trending hip thing is to be 'transethnic'. So if a black person feel like a white person then he/she/it is a white person.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your ability to pay a local woman with financial imperatives to pretend to like you?

It works for me!

And so much easier than pretending to listen to what they say ...... or care about their 'feelings'.

Up to you

But am I jealous?

Yeah, 'course I am

You may not be jealous, but you certainly display weakness in this area by talking about it all the time. It seems like you have a personal attachment to this topic. I can't think of any other reason you would feel so strongly, other than jealousy.

Maybe you can tell us exactly why you feel strongly compelled to speak badly about people with large age gaps (particularly older men with younger women)?

For the record, I am a decade younger than my GF and am I a little jealous of these old dudes with their hot young chicks? Hell yes....(sometimes).

Edited by FruitPudding

Walk up to 100 Pakistanis in the UK and call them a Paki, what percentage do you think would take offence?

If I were in England, I would assume they were British.

So the correct insult would be 'Brit'.

Their nationality isn't in question; their race is

Try to keep up - I know it's difficult

Since when was 'Paki' a race?

It isn't but it is a derogatory term used to address people from Pakistan and, often - erroneously - to insult Indians who, to the average racist lunkhead, are one and the same

You're being obtuse but you can't use verbal chicanery to try to draw comparisons between your being called or described as a farang when the overwhelming majority of white people don't even BLINK when they hear it

Your pathetic argument might have more clout were it not for the fact there is considerable division on whether the word is used only to describe white people or non-Asian foreigners as a whole

So it's a queston of skin color (again)... how do you SJW's not see that you guys are the biggest racists on this infinitely worthless and puny planet in the grand scheme of things?

I think you should try to keep up even though it can be hard with chronic cognitive dissonance. Seems it's hard for SJW's to understand that no one has the right to not be offended. Feelings are the last thing anyone should have to think about when uttering words to anyone.

Oh I get it

You move the goalposts whenever you moronic diatribes are blown out of the water and everyone else is wrong?

How white of you

Njet.

My "goalposts" as you so nicely put it are firmly in the same spot they have always been in. It's your "posts" that move around quite frequently and wildly depending on which word and "race" is up in the debate.

And how would you know what skin color i have? Maybe i'm half black? Half gipsy? Half thai? Does it matter? You have no idea but just guessing as is the norm for SJW's.

The issue with SJW's like yourself is that their perceived world view is the correct one even if fact slapped them in the face, they just refuse to accept the fact and continue on with their own imaginary world view.

So it's a queston of skin color (again)... how do you SJW's not see that you guys are the biggest racists on this infinitely worthless and puny planet in the grand scheme of things?

I think you should try to keep up even though it can be hard with chronic cognitive dissonance. Seems it's hard for SJW's to understand that no one has the right to not be offended. Feelings are the last thing anyone should have to think about when uttering words to anyone.

Oh I get it

You move the goalposts whenever you moronic diatribes are blown out of the water and everyone else is wrong?

How white of you

Njet.

My "goalposts" as you so nicely put it are firmly in the same spot they have always been in. It's your "posts" that move around quite frequently and wildly depending on which word and "race" is up in the debate.

And how would you know what skin color i have? Maybe i'm half black? Half gipsy? Half thai? Does it matter? You have no idea but just guessing as is the norm for SJW's.

The issue with SJW's like yourself is that their perceived world view is the correct one even if fact slapped them in the face, they just refuse to accept the fact and continue on with their own imaginary world view.

Well, one has to assume that given the vigour with which you're fighting for your right to be able to use racist slurs to describe people that are different in appearance from yourself, there's a pretty damn good chance you're white since I've yet to hear you reel off a term to describe white people

. . . and NO "farang" doesn't count since most of your own race can't even decide whether it's meant to describe white people in particular or foreigners in general

No doubt in anyone's mind what other slurs are meant to describe, though

Negro isn't racist. It's rather antiquated and has somewhat fallen out of favour, but it's not particularly offensive.

Using it just makes you seem rather out of touch. Like saying 'gramophone' or 'lavatory'.

Seriously, is it so hard to get your head round this stuff?

If you believe that, politely call (or refer to) a black person a negro in Detroit or Oakland and see what happens.

If you did it in a professional setting, you would likely lose your job.

Back on topic. I drink way more here in Thailand than I do in USA. Its definitely not cheaper here for me. It's more socially accepted and far more fun though.

Oh I get it

How white of you

Njet.

Well, one has to assume that given the vigour with which you're fighting for your right to be able to use racist slurs to describe people that are different in appearance from yourself, there's a pretty damn good chance you're white since I've yet to hear you reel off a term to describe white people

. . . and NO "farang" doesn't count since most of your own race can't even decide whether it's meant to describe white people in particular or foreigners in general

No doubt in anyone's mind what other slurs are meant to describe, though

Again, miss the point...

I'm fighting for everyones right to use whatever words they like about anything. Freedom of speech is infinitely more important than feelings. Children or adults with a childs mind "feel".

Oh and yeah... cracker!

And anyone saying that farang is not exclusively for white people have no idea what they are on about.

Negro isn't racist. It's rather antiquated and has somewhat fallen out of favour, but it's not particularly offensive.

Using it just makes you seem rather out of touch. Like saying 'gramophone' or 'lavatory'.

Seriously, is it so hard to get your head round this stuff?

If you believe that, politely call (or refer to) a black person a negro in Detroit or Oakland and see what happens.

If you did it in a professional setting, you would likely lose your job.

Back on topic. I drink way more here in Thailand than I do in USA. Its definitely not cheaper here for me. It's more socially accepted and far more fun though.

Oakland - Richmond - Vallejo ....You can get killed just for being white driving in a black street/area....Happened to someone I played ball with.....

Again, miss the point...

I'm fighting for everyones right to use whatever words they like about anything. Freedom of speech is infinitely more important than feelings. Children or adults with a childs mind "feel".

Oh and yeah... cracker!

And anyone saying that farang is not exclusively for white people have no idea what they are on about.

Ah you're of those . . . freedom of speech regardless of whom you offend and the consequences

Tu as Charlie, right?

It's always those who have no history of being marginalised, disadvantaged or oppressed who argue most vehemently for the right to insult others.

You're so transparent you ought to have an Everest sticker on your forehead

Anyhoo, surprising as it may be to you, I believe in free speech too but I also believe that those using their right to say what they like should accept the consequences for doing so

So, by all means, walk up to a black guy and call him a nigga but don't complain if he guts where you stand

Glad we got that all sorted

Feel like a drink now

Personal remark (insult) and response to it, removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

You have to wonder what kind of person argues for the right to be offensive to people.

Usually socially awkward misfits who've under-achieved despite all their advantages and need someone to blame

Or perhaps the other part is projecting their failuries by applying it on perceived injustice for a third part that they have no idea about but feel they should feel the way they do.

You have to wonder what kind of person argues for the right to be offensive to people.

Usually socially awkward misfits who've under-achieved despite all their advantages and need someone to blame

Or perhaps the other part is projecting their failuries by applying it on perceived injustice for a third part that they have no idea about but feel they should feel the way they do.

Yeah, you tied yourself up in knots there, didn't you?

Hate when bad things happen to what could have been good sentences

Your ability to pay a local woman with financial imperatives to pretend to like you?

It works for me!

And so much easier than pretending to listen to what they say ...... or care about their 'feelings'.

Up to you

But am I jealous?

Yeah, 'course I am

You may not be jealous, but you certainly display weakness in this area by talking about it all the time. It seems like you have a personal attachment to this topic. I can't think of any other reason you would feel so strongly, other than jealousy.

Maybe you can tell us exactly why you feel strongly compelled to speak badly about people with large age gaps (particularly older men with younger women)?

For the record, I am a decade younger than my GF and am I a little jealous of these old dudes with their hot young chicks? Hell yes....(sometimes).

Well how good of you to concede that there is no way I'm jealous or resentful

Could never understand how people arrived at that nonsense

Anyway, I can't be ar5ed to explain anything to you.

There was, however, a thread on that very topic recently in which I COULD be ar5ed . . . run a search and enjoy

Because they is f??k all for them to do in thailand

Maybe all you do is bang hookers when you come here once a year as part of a Chinese tour group but many people here have interests that go beyond that

I think lots of you on here are Barin dead read what I am saying, it is not about me .

And I am not like you to bang hookers as you think I am .

If you are so smart you tell me what a full timers get up to all day in thailand apart from drinking not all but most .

Sorry, we cannot answer that, because we are all brain-dead as you like to call us.....so basically you think every foreigner that has a beer here is brain dead? And you are THE only one when in Thailand are the one and only person that can find something to do apart from boozing?.....can you help us please, we are so stupid, help us with your wisdom what to do all day....555

Anyone saying that farang is not exclusively for white people have no idea what they are on about.

People:

This is complete and total disinformation. Not just misinformation, but disinformation. Lies made up to justify racial hatred.

The inaccuracy of Asheron's statement can be readily confirmed by anyone. Just ask the next black or brown non-Thai you encounter in Thailand if they are ever referred to as a 'farang' by Thais. Ninety-nine percent of the time the answer will be: 'All the time!'

Choosing to be perpetually angry and indignant over something when a tiny effort to educate yourself would alleviate the problem. Sad, really.

Anyone saying that farang is not exclusively for white people have no idea what they are on about.

People:

This is complete and total disinformation. Not just misinformation, but disinformation. Lies made up to justify racial hatred.

The inaccuracy of Asheron's statement can be readily confirmed by anyone. Just ask the next black or brown non-Thai you encounter in Thailand if they are ever referred to as a 'farang' by Thais. Ninety-nine percent of the time the answer will be: 'All the time!'

Choosing to be perpetually angry and indignant over something when a tiny effort to educate yourself would alleviate the problem. Sad, really.

My wife says farang and black farang.

People:

My wife says farang and black farang.

Have met almost no Thais who make this distinction. Even accepting your wife's usage, it does not undermine the fact that for the overwhelming majority of Thais 'farang' means "foreigner," not "white foreigner." After all, when she uses the term farang dam, she is not saying "a white foreigner who is black"; she is saying "black foreigner." Her usage supports the contention that "farang" is a racially neutral term which means "foreigner."

Edited by Gecko123

Please please please.

In the name of mercy and all that is decent, someone put this thread out of its misery.

Alcoholism and racism.

Two subjects which make some uncomfortable and are difficult to talk about, but which need to be discussed more frequently, not less.

Please please please.

In the name of mercy and all that is decent, someone put this thread out of its misery.

Alcoholism and racism.

Two subjects which make some uncomfortable and are difficult to talk about, but which need to be discussed more frequently, not less.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. What I'm reading is 5% discussion and 95% mud slinging. And the mud smells of something else.

That's where every one of these alcoholism and racism topics goes eventually- some quickly, some slowly. This one had a reasonable run. But run its useful course, it has.

Please please please.

Alcoholism and racism.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. What I'm reading is 5% discussion and 95% mud slinging. And the mud smells of something else.

That's where every one of these alcoholism and racism topics goes eventually- some quickly, some slowly. This one had a reasonable run. But run its useful course, it has.

Speak like Yoda, you do.

If you're no longer interested, why not simply stop reading, rather than insist the conversation ends?

Maybe all you do is bang hookers when you come here once a year as part of a Chinese tour group but many people here have interests that go beyond that

I think lots of you on here are Barin dead read what I am saying, it is not about me .

If you are so smart you tell me what a full timers get up to all day in thailand apart from drinking not all but most .

Sorry, we cannot answer that, because we are all brain-dead as you like to call us.....so basically you think every foreigner that has a beer here is brain dead? And you are THE only one when in Thailand are the one and only person that can find something to do apart from boozing?.....can you help us please, we are so stupid, help us with your wisdom what to do all day....555

Get a life ok you need one

Please please please.

Alcoholism and racism.

Speak like Yoda, you do.

If you're no longer interested, why not simply stop reading, rather than insist the conversation ends?

It's the anal retentive in me. Every time another slur is posted, the thread shows up in "My Content" and I have to open it up to make it go away.

And just like passing a car wreck where I really don't want to look at the blood and gore. The difference being that they eventually clear away the blood and the gore. These racism and alcoholism threads, however...

Edited by impulse

Get a life ok you need one

????????????????????????????????????????

Thanks mate, but i already have a great life here in LoS, its only you that seems to have a problem with people here....

It works for me!

Fair enough for you I guess - but some of us actually like women.

They are horrid creatures. God should have given blokes vagina's instead of women.

Could you please expand on that?