Lazada payment problems

Guderian

Kerry drivers are ok.Being stuck in a wheelchair, the kerry driver if he does not see me outside he will come to my bedroom, like just now.

have items on order, 1 just delivered c.o.d. excellent service.

Many farangs moan about service from Thai companies, Lazada/Kerry get top marks from me.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COD was my first choice but it wasn't available on the item I wanted, I've no idea why. Given their apparently non-existent customer support I wouldn't risk using anything else now.

Normally it is clearly marked as shipped from overseas (and I avoid as much longer lead time and cost higher) - but can also be for some large/high cost items that COD is not available - but seller is always marked on website prior to purchase so you know if buying from Lazada or a seller.

In the case of shipped from overseas I will normally just go to Ebay to buy (in every case so far at a lower cost for same item).

Did you bother to read their terms and instructions ? I think not, then you would see that they will only deliver to a post office box if the person at the post office has a signed authorization from you:

That's exactly what I have in place!

Btw, what you call "instruction" is actually a part of the FAQ or help section (even with your URL that precise passage seems inaccessible). That's what people normally read when things go wrong.

I expect a reasonable set of instruction upfront at the point of purchase and not some nonsense buried in some FAQs somewhere on the website that one has to sift through! Shoddy business practices, indeed!

Edited by Morakot

The whole point of Lazada is that you can pay on delivery (after checking the goods). If that service isn't offered go elsewhere.

My use of Lazada is because I can buy stuff I can't find in the stores, or would have to spend hours scrounging for it. Or I'd have to buy from EBay or Amazon vendors and take my chances with delivery times, shipping, customs, etc.

So far, they haven't let me down on anything I've paid for in advance, by ATM. That being the case, I haven't had to try out their return policies- so I can't speak for those.

COD was my first choice but it wasn't available on the item I wanted, I've no idea why. Given their apparently non-existent customer support I wouldn't risk using anything else now.

Normally it is clearly marked as shipped from overseas (and I avoid as much longer lead time and cost higher) - but can also be for some large/high cost items that COD is not available - but seller is always marked on website prior to purchase so you know if buying from Lazada or a seller.

In the case of shipped from overseas I will normally just go to Ebay to buy (in every case so far at a lower cost for same item).

After Lazada let me down I checked out the price for a similar digital tyre pump on Amazon.co.uk. Lazada had quoted a bit less than 1000 Baht, which sounded fine, while Amazon were asking around £25 (say about 1200 Baht). There were cheaper ones available but they wouldn't deliver to Thailand. By the time I got to the checkout they'd added almost £8 in customs/import duty and around £12 in delivery charges, taking the total to £45, more than double the price quoted by Lazada. Needless to say, I didn't complete the purchase. I'll have a look on eBay.

Don't believe any of us have much experience in the 19th century but in the 20th COD was common and sure seems to work well for me here in the 21st.

Yes, it worked well!

Especially when the footman had the required guinea, shillings and halfpence ready for the delivery man, arriving with the goods by horse and coach.

I have substantial experience of the latter part of the 20th century, but have never come across COD, until I moved to Thailand.

Edited by Morakot

One of the things I like about Lazada is that the international items are always duty free. I didn't believe it until I perused their website.

I've received 3 Lazada items from China, and all 3 parcels arrived (early BTW) with no problems, and no surprises from customs. I suspect Lazada's the importer of record and they do the internal Thailand logistics. I can't think of any other way they can guarantee no added import duties.

To me, that's worth a reasonable bump from the raw EBay price, to which I'd have to add shipping and the risk of a hefty invoice from customs.

frankly if it is not COD on Lazada I would not buy it. This means it is not a Lazada transaction but a transaction with a reseller with much worse gurantee and delivery terms than Lazasa itself.

No, it means it's shipped from abroad.

I've bought loads of stuff from China through Lazada using paypal, never any problems ..... if there were, paypal refund, no questions asked.

And the stuff from China is usually really, really cheap, and impossible to buy in Thailand.

(Cycling clothing, LED m/c lights, tools)

COD is not available for items shipped from abroad.

I use Lazada roughly twice per month and haven't had any problems so far.

Not for that particular item but for other things.

Unfortunately what you save in duties is off set by the glacial pace of mail delivery. To offer free shipping a lot of these vendors use strange mail routing. One Chinese vendor used Swedish Post but the tracking did work and I got the item one day before their maximum estimate

Somewhat annoying that many have no option to pay for expedited shipping. Just read their condition's and decide if it is worth the wait.

Careful what you buy on that aliexpress,, I was heavily stung for sidebags for my bike,, I'd guess about 40% over product cost, I know duty can be charged regardless of which online supplier but just sayin, I now try to be careful and order if possible from inside thailand

Did you bother to read their terms and instructions ? I think not, then you would see that they will only deliver to a post office box if the person at the post office has a signed authorization from you:

That's exactly what I have in place!

Btw, what you call "instruction" is actually a part of the FAQ or help section (even with your URL that precise passage seems inaccessible). That's what people normally read when things go wrong.

I expect a reasonable set of instruction upfront at the point of purchase and not some nonsense buried in some FAQs somewhere on the website that one has to sift through! Shoddy business practices, indeed!

What url ? I just copied and pasted from Lazada's website. But then again I read before I spend my money

But to continue, since you refuse to let it drop, do you really expect the Kerry Logistics delivery driver to know that you have a signed authorization at your local post office. He delivers the package to the address that he sees on the package and it was your tough luck that the Post Office was closed when he got there to deliver

If I was Lazada I would prohibit delivery to anything but a residential address, as does every other online retailer in the developed world

Edited by Langsuan Man

Well this morning, almost four days after I sent the first e-mail asking for help to Lazada's customer service team, and two days after the order had expired, I got a response from them. This looked like it is probably a pre-prepared response chosen by an operator from a menu, saying that they're sorry about the problems with paying at a convenience store but why don't I simply select COD?

Umm, maybe because it wasn't an option for the item I wanted?

Yeah, that looks the same. Any idea what the import duty would be likely to be from eBay? I think somebody mentioned earlier on that items shipped from China don't have to pay anything - is that so?

Careful what you buy on that aliexpress,, I was heavily stung for sidebags for my bike,, I'd guess about 40% over product cost, I know duty can be charged regardless of which online supplier but just sayin, I now try to be careful and order if possible from inside thailand

Lazada guarantees no import duties added to the advertised price. It's in their terms and conditions pages, and regardless of country of origin.

Lazada guarantees no import duties added to the advertised price. It's in their terms and conditions pages, and regardless of country of origin.

Good to know, the statement highlighted is not incorrect then

I have ordered stuff from Lazada before, I used the ATM payment option, all worked well.

Today I'm trying to order more stuff.

When I go to check out none of the payment options are available in my location.

My wife called customer service, they said I needed to sign in with facebook.

I tried that, same issue.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks