Surveyors block ministry's attempt to transport rotten rice from warehouse

webfact

Surveyors block ministry's attempt to transport rotten rice from warehouse to make fertilisers

NAKHON SAWAN: -- Rice surveyors yesterday blocked commerce officials from trying to transport rotten rice from two warehouses in Nakhon Sawan to Ratchaburi, insisting that the rices are not all rotten.

The surveyors also lodged formal complaints with local police to stop new attempt by officials.

The incidents happened at Nguan Seng Long rice mill in Ta Klee district and the central warehouse of the Marketing Organisation for Farmers in Tak Fa district.

The rotten rices in the two warehouses are part of the huge amount of rotten rices which were sold by the Ministry to private factories for industrial use purposes.

The rotten rices in both warehouses were sold to V.Tanasub Co which won a rotten rice auction from the Commerce Ministry.

The rices are bound to be transported to the company’s factories in Ban Pong district of Ratchaburi province yesterday to produce fertilisers.

But the transport was intervened by representatives of the surveyors who locked the warehouses’ gates and refused to give the company’s workers the keys, insisting that rice kept at the warehouses are not all rotten.

They also reported the incident to police in Tak Fa district.

Rice surveyors, who are responsible to check quality of rice in the government’s stockpiles, had previously called for the government to delay its move to sell deteriorated rice to the industry sector, claiming that they needed more time to check the stockpiles and that there are good-quality rice mixed in the stockpiles.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/151135

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-16

More fun and games. If the rice is rotten, then separate it from the good rice. Some say not all the rice is rotten, what is the % of good to rotten. You do not want rotten rice or questionable rice to get into the food chain. If there is any question about whether it is rotten or not, it is rotten. coffee1.gif

More fun and games. If the rice is rotten, then separate it from the good rice. Some say not all the rice is rotten, what is the % of good to rotten. You do not want rotten rice or questionable rice to get into the food chain. If there is any question about whether it is rotten or not, it is rotten. coffee1.gif

Don't you see? It is brought away as all rotten (possibly). It is then separated in buyers warehouse. (maybe) Good rice is sold at a premium. (could be) Rotten rice goes to make fertiliser. More corruption, possibly. IMHO. I could be wrong. Maybe I am. It is very likely that I am. Dammit, I'm wrong. I withdraw all previous remarks. I was never here. I didn't type this. I am not the droid you are looking for.

So surely the bags / whatever are already marked rotten or not rotten or not to be used for human consumption after xx/xx/xxxx.

Is it so difficult for the staff / the supervisors / the surveyors / the labor or whoever to move the rotten bags to the transport and leave the good rice bags in situ.

The 'rice games' seem to never end. Is there more investigation needed?

Now who is higher on the authority pole, the surveyors or commerce dept? It is a pissing contest between 2 government entities and its neither if their business as it sounds like the rice has been sold to a private company to be converted to fertilizer.

It is like dealing with a preschool group when you deal with civil employees in this country. Each want to be hall monitor, but do not want to share responsibility, or decision making, unless there is a mistake made, of course.

yingluk was called to account over so called rotten rice now we have an answer the rice surveyors are now saying good rice is mixed with rotten rice and have stopped the government from moving it apparently the government has sold it as rotten rice to a thai company to be made into fertiliser I don't think this will go down very well in certain quarters .

Rotten rice over stated and now this attempt to sell good rice as rotten rice. Where is NACC when needed or selective indictment still order of the day.

That is speculation.

Could just as easily be people wanting to sell condemned rice to the public.

We will never know.

Much better that people stop frothing at the mouth over this stuff. Someone will pop a gasket....

Surely it's obvious what's going on....The powers that be have said the rice or lots of it is rotten....They then sell it to the friends at a low price and they then put it back into the market place at the higher price..Win win!! God there's some money been made in this corrupt rice scheme and it's still producing the goods to the money men. And the people storing it and getting paid to do that are happy with any delays as its more money in the gravy train.....You have to say they good at it !!

The distinctive smell of corruption!

Luckily we still have section 44.

If we say the rice is rotten, it is rotten, got it?

Anyways uncle has a factory down the road that has developed a secret process for turning rotten rice into good rice, he'll fix it in no time at all. Just you watch.

I only wish those troublesome Reds had not grown so much rotten rice in the first place.

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed as well as a reply.

Please note, the following are not valid links:

The Nation 2014-07-28

The Nation 2014-07-29

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

In accordance with fair use rules it's a bit difficult to make a point with just the first three lines of a story but bear with me and see if you can guess what my relevant argument is

BANGKOK: -- The nationwide rice audit ordered by the junta is drawing to a close this week as scheduled, raising hopes that the state's mounting rice stockpiles can start to be released and the nightmare is end soon.

Since the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) initiated the inspection early this month, 18 million tonnes of pledged rice in 1,787 granaries around the

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/746657-nationwide-rice-audit-ordered-by-ncpo-nearly-complete/

and who could argue with that...............................................................?