Moscow authorities defend bulldozing of small businesses

webfact

Moscow authorities defend bulldozing of small businesses

606x341_324555.jpg

MOSCOW: -- The authorities in Moscow have defended their right to demolish small businesses they say are illegal and unsafe.

Last week they sent bulldozers to flatten hundreds of companies.

Supporters of the move say the buildings were ugly and there is a need for more urban space.

But angry business owners accuse the authorities of flouting the constitution.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-18

This has been going on for years in Moscow. About 10 years ago, when Luzhkov was mayor and his wife, Russia's richest woman, was one of the biggest winner of construction contracts in the city, many old style low rise buildings in the city were lost due to unexplained fires. While you can own a building in Russia, you cannot own the land it sits upon, so the rightful owners of these properties suddenly found themselves homeless, and Mrs Baturina suddenly found herself some more land to develop.

Why nobody has mentioned that those buildings were ugly squatter, self-built without approval with laws?

Citizens are glad that they wouldn't risk anyone on collapsing anymore, and would open much more beautiful views on the city itself.

Moscow removing kiosks (that were overbloated here) and illegal buildings since ~2012, and for those who live here everyday it became only better since then.

Euronews just as always taking it out of context.. sad.png

Edited by AlexStepashkin

a country run by fascists of course no respect for human rights and labor.

so a guy on top says; 'demolish' and it is done! no questions are asked.

Even Soviet Russia is better than this.

What would USA do if some businessman just build his shop on the middle of the street without letting laws know about it?

Most legal businessmen being here just alright. Nothing like you describing.

Edited by AlexStepashkin

a country run by fascists of course no respect for human rights and labor.

so a guy on top says; 'demolish' and it is done! no questions are asked.

Even Soviet Russia is better than this.

What would USA do if some businessman just build his shop on the middle of the street without letting laws know about it?

Most legal businessmen being here just alright. Nothing like you describing.

I have no idea about the USA because I have never lived there, but I lived for 8 years in Russia and I saw the rampant corruption of government officials, and how good, decent, hard working people are routinely screwed by officials and state sanctioned organised crime.

In the city I lived in, a city of 200,000 people, there were only two Hummers. One was owned by the head of the tax authority; the second was owned by his wife. They did nothing to hide their inexplicable wealth, and nothing was done about it by the authorities they had paid off. Russians - a people who allow their wealth to be stolen from under their very noses.

I have no idea about the USA because I have never lived there, but I lived for 8 years in Russia and I saw the rampant corruption of government officials, and how good, decent, hard working people are routinely screwed by officials and state sanctioned organised crime.

In the city I lived in, a city of 200,000 people, there were only two Hummers. One was owned by the head of the tax authority; the second was owned by his wife. They did nothing to hide their inexplicable wealth, and nothing was done about it by the authorities they had paid off. Russians - a people who allow their wealth to be stolen from under their very noses.

Many talks related to RU's corruptions are based on someone's other stories or personal exceptional experience, like one or two cases when some policemen asked for money to do something (or similar). The image of the whole country being corruptioned - is little exaggerated.

Laws and prosecution against corruption got harder since then. Many countries (if not all) has exceptional situations when some inadequate government representatives showing their wealth by cars etc, but those are minority, so atm it's not fair to tag a whole contry like that.

It doesn't has anything to do with the topic nor the asked question

Edited by AlexStepashkin

Many talks related to RU's corruptions are based on someone's other stories or personal exceptional experience, like one or two cases when some policemen asked for money to do something (or similar). The image of the whole country being corruptioned - is little exaggerated.

Laws and prosecution against corruption got harder since then. Many countries (if not all) has exceptional situations when some inadequate government representatives showing their wealth by cars etc, but those are minority, so atm it's not fair to tag a whole contry like that.

It doesn't has anything to do with the topic nor the asked question

I assure you that I am not tagging the whole country like that, but your entire government from the very top, down to the local branches is rotten to the core. That is why you see many cases where ordinary people are firebombed out of their homes or petty bureaucrats find loopholes to demolish their property, rendering the land usable for powerful businesses to build upon. The whole country is not corrupt, but the whole government is.

I assure you that I am not tagging the whole country like that, but your entire government from the very top, down to the local branches is rotten to the core.

Can't agree with that. Most corruption things happening on lower levels like in Thai - policemen, or some people around that level.

Yes, there were several cities managers known for corruption, but i'd say they were minority, not majority like you describing.

Current RU trend is lowering corruption, and nobody want to get in jail for being caught.

That is why you see many cases where ordinary people are firebombed out of their homes or petty bureaucrats find loopholes to demolish their property, rendering the land usable for powerful businesses to build upon.

Very rare cases, most of them happening legally with compensating.

Yes, several incidents happened in the past, and not in RU only. But stories about them being described like it's happening everyday with everyone, which is not true.

Again, that has nothing to do with the thread itself.

Thread being written like government go and buldozer small businesses out of nowhere with no reason, but it's not happened like that

Edited by AlexStepashkin

I assure you that I am not tagging the whole country like that, but your entire government from the very top, down to the local branches is rotten to the core.

Can't agree with that. Most corruption things happening on lower levels like in Thai - policemen, or some people around that level.

Yes, there were several cities managers known for corruption, but i'd say they were minority, not majority like you describing.

Current RU trend is lowering corruption, and nobody want to get in jail for being caught.

That is why you see many cases where ordinary people are firebombed out of their homes or petty bureaucrats find loopholes to demolish their property, rendering the land usable for powerful businesses to build upon.

Very rare cases, most of them happening legally with compensating.

Yes, several incidents happened in the past, and not in RU only. But stories about them being described like it's happening everyday with everyone, which is not true.

Again, that has nothing to do with the thread itself.

Thread being written like government go and buldozer small businesses out of nowhere with no reason, but it's not happened like that

Putin has been accused for corruption as well and many businessman and bureaucrats too.

like this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35385445

and not only they do corruption in russia but many places on earth too.

Putin has been accused for corruption as well and many businessman and bureaucrats too.

like this:

Being accused does not mean it's happened.

The only thing you can base your impression about this matter is authority of someone's words, even if they being written on known newspaper, which readers like scandals and want to see their country more stronger than others. Words, articles based on words - is the only thing you're capable to operate with. Those abstract things mentioned in article has never happened, as nobody can provide a first source of from where exactly this info appeared.

Being not honest man while having a business - is not Russia unique thing, and it's not anyhow connected to the nation or country itself. It's the phenomenon of human nature, which, in some cases, allows a man to act this way. It's not country-wise or government-wise per se

Edited by AlexStepashkin

like this:

Being accused does not mean it's happened.

The only thing you can base your impression is authority of someone's words, even if they being written on known newspaper, which readers like scandals and want to see their country more stronger than others. Words, articles based on words - is the only thing you're capable to operate with. Those abstract things mentioned in article has never happened, as nobody can provide a first source of from where this info appeared.

Being not honest man while having a business - is not Russia unique thing, and it's not anyhow connected to the nation or country itself. It's the phenomenon of human nature, which, in some cases, allows a man to act this way. It's not country-wise or government-wise per se

alex, it is not my country and putin is not my leader.

it is your and russian citizens' money being stolen.

so it is up to you to believe or not.

still there is no smoke without a fire.

alex, it is not my country and putin is not my leader.

it is your and russian citizens' money being stolen.

so it is up to you to believe or not.

still there is no smoke without a fire.

That's the thing - my money are just fine =) just like everybody's else I know here

My honest bet is: in this case, the "smoke" appeared for another reasons

Edited by AlexStepashkin