Dreaming of Britain – Calais migrants don't give up hope

webfact

Dreaming of Britain – Calais migrants don’t give up hope

606x341_324561.jpg

"(In) Syria - if the situation is getting better. Believe me - most of the Syrian people will go back. Because we need somebody to go and build the country again"

CALAIS: -- As EU leaders set their sights on trying to reach a deal to keep the UK in the bloc, refugees in Calais are still longing to reach British shores.

A refugee camp close to the French port is home to some 4,000 people. Many of them have come from the Middle East and Africa.

But locals have been calling on politicians to act, saying the infamous, “Jungle” is ruining the town’s image, conditions are squalid and the camp has been described as a humanitarian crisis.

“Personally speaking, when I come to this camp, I have the impression that I am in another country. That I am somewhere else but not in Europe,” said Alexandra Limousin of the Auberge des Migrants association.

“I have friends who ask me – you work there? It’s irrational to know that we in West Europe and there are people who live in such conditions.”

It has been used as a base for those refugees and migrants who want to reach the United Kingdom.

Last week, Fabienne Buccio, the Calais prefect, announced that one half of the camp would be evacuated and closed down.

“The time has come to move on, no one must live in the southern part of the camp, everyone must leave this section,” she was quoted as saying last Friday.

Those affected – an estimated 1,000 people – are being encouraged to move on elsewhere or be relocated in temporary container housing.

The aim is to eventually cut the number of people living in the area to half of what it is now.

“The idea is to have a better organised camp, checked up on by an association which manages all the services which are offered to the people here and to reduce this space which is made up from makeshift shelters where they live in road, under the rain and snow,” said Georgia Fayet, head of mission for Pas-de-Calais migration services.

A total of 1500 beds were made available inside the containers; there were 450 left when euronews visited the site on Wednesday.

Officials said that 81 migrants had decided to leave for other parts of France since the start of the week, although they stress that nearly 2,600 have made the same move since October.

But although some may have departed, they have been new arrivals since then. The conflicts and crises that affect these migration flows show no sign of abating.

Mohammed, a 40-year-old engineer, from Aleppo still dreams of a future in Britain; he says he has family already living there.

“(In) Syria – if the situation is getting better. Believe me – most of the Syrian people will go back. Because we need somebody to go and build the country again,” he said.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-18

Here come all of those new baby Mohammeds ready to be indoctrinated by their parents and then sent to the schools.

The Catholic Church used to say that if you gave them a child until the age of seven he would never depart from their faith.

I wonder if the future Prime Minister of England, Mohammed, is residing in that camp. Perhaps he'll enjoy tea with Queen Aisha.

Cheers.

They call it,"a humanitarian crisis" Of their OWN making! Why the UK, what's wrong with France? Maybe it's easier to get benfits and free housing etc. The majority are economic migrants, scroungers or whatever other name you would like to give them.

Those affected – an estimated 1,000 people – are being encouraged to move on elsewhere or be relocated in temporary container housing.

They are not for moving. Here is the reason why:

Aid workers said officials were demanding that people be fingerprinted before moving into the containers and migrants were refusing. They fear that if they succeed in reaching Britain, officials would be able to access their fingerprints on a shared European data base and could then reject their asylum applications and send them back to France.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12098447/Calais-migrants-told-to-leave-camp-before-bulldozers-move-in.html

Refusing to be fingerprinted ? I would have thought that anyone who was genuine would have no hesitation in giving their fingerprints.

Some may find this story amusing in how the Russian locals deal with Refugee Sex Offenders:

Refugees Go Clubbing In Russia, Harass Girls, Wake Up In Hospital The Next Morning

A group of 51 refugees were brutally assaulted outside a night club in Murmansk, Russia, after they groped and molested women at a night club Saturday. The refugees had previously been ordered to leave Norway for “bad behavior” and tried their luck in Russia. What they didn’t realize when they went out clubbing in Murmansk is that Russians have less tolerance when it comes to sexual assault on local women than other European countries

why the hell they are dreaming of Britain? They never watched in TV the comedy: "Little Britain"? Indeed it's small country to laugh about....

Britain's like it is because of its large number of lefties and immigrants. The birth of the Labour party was the beginning of its end.

They call it,"a humanitarian crisis" Of their OWN making! Why the UK, what's wrong with France? Maybe it's easier to get benfits and free housing etc. The majority are economic migrants, scroungers or whatever other name you would like to give them.

The majority are economic migrants,

Yeah you are right. Look to Aleppo. All destroyed, no hospitals, no schools, everywhere dead bodies. And no shops anything to buy. no food at all. For babies, no milk....

Yes you are right. These people are economic migrants....

Sorry, but you should once in your like use something you don't own as much.....your brain.

Here come all of those new baby Mohammeds ready to be indoctrinated by their parents and then sent to the schools.

The Catholic Church used to say that if you gave them a child until the age of seven he would never depart from their faith.

I wonder if the future Prime Minister of England, Mohammed, is residing in that camp. Perhaps he'll enjoy tea with Queen Aisha.

Cheers.

better to have a prudent Mohammed than a lunatic David

why the hell they are dreaming of Britain? They never watched in TV the comedy: "Little Britain"? Indeed it's small country to laugh about....

Let me see; better prospects, security, education, safety, manners etc than the sh1thole country you come from [emoji6]

5555555, you are the real "yesterday man", If you would have manners you would not react like that. Same meant for education.

So left is "better prospects"

Security, safety

hmmmh ...let me think of your favoured "Brexit". What abour prospects, when you are ousted then and Scotland will be still an EU member and NI reunited with Republic of Ireland? Who would ever know this little country called ? well, how will be the name then? Hmmmh, I think "Little Britain" would be a good choice. What do you think about?

well i know why they all want to come to the U.K. we must be the only country in the world that gives money to people who havent paid one 888kin penny into the U.K. economy. that's where our my earned money goes, giving bl** dy freebies.when will it ever end.

Yeah you are right. Look to Aleppo. All destroyed, no hospitals, no schools, everywhere dead bodies. And no shops anything to buy. no food at all. For babies, no milk....

Sorry, but you should once in your like use something you don't own as much.....your brain.

It's just a thought, but if you want to revolt against a tyrant it's probably a good idea not to do so in Syria. His father killed 20,000 for doing that so they knew it might end badly for them. I remember when it was only 5,000 wondering if he would kill more than his father.

well i know why they all want to come to the U.K. we must be the only country in the world that gives money to people who havent paid one 888kin penny into the U.K. economy. that's where our my earned money goes, giving bl** dy freebies.when will it ever end.

Oh, you mean people like Google, Amazon and Facebook who expect to avoid paying UK taxes while conducting trade.

Presumably, few, if any, have ever seen the British Isles, other than, perhaps, in pictures. So, equally presumably, their desperation to reach Britain, as opposed to doing what they are supposed to do and applying for 'asylum' in the first safe country they reach, must be based on what they've heard ... FREEBIES. Which makes them economic migrants - and that's a stretch - not refugees. .

Oh, you mean people like Google, Amazon and Facebook who expect to avoid paying UK taxes while conducting trade.

Them, too.

Let me see; better prospects, security, education, safety, manners etc than the sh1thole country you come from [emoji6]

5555555, you are the real "yesterday man", If you would have manners you would not react like that. Same meant for education.

So left is "better prospects"

Security, safety

hmmmh ...let me think of your favoured "Brexit". What abour prospects, when you are ousted then and Scotland will be still an EU member and NI reunited with Republic of Ireland? Who would ever know this little country called ? well, how will be the name then? Hmmmh, I think "Little Britain" would be a good choice. What do you think about?

ASEAN is just about to get going. Plenty of time to find reasons to regret joining. PTP didn't wait that long before emulating the ECC of old - milk lakes, butter mountains, etc. - with its ill-fated, and equally wasteful, rice scheme. Do a little research before making observations about something you know little about.

You seem to have missed the point by a wide margin. The question was: why the U.K. as opposed to France?

You seem to have missed the point by a wide margin. The question was: why the U.K. as opposed to France?

The UK is one big pussy just waiting to be <deleted>....

when i lived in the U.K. i had to pop into the local benefits office and there on the notice board, was a sign in a miriade of languages, telling the immigrants how to fill out the claim forms to get the "freebies" the desk clerk was in total dismay about it all.

Britain's like it is because of its large number of lefties and immigrants. The birth of the Labour party was the beginning of its end.

Maybe if Thatcher didn't do everything in her power to destroy communities and weaken the bonds that held the working class together, we would not be so fragmented and apathetic as a country. We have given up on politics, allowing ourselves to be ruled by a bunch of effete old-money millionaires who have nothing whatsoever in common with the vast majority of the country, but see us merely as a commodity to be used while we are useful, then dumped. It wasn't the Left that did this, but the foul, putrid greed that is conservatism.