BKK-Udon Thani-Vientane doable in two days?

18:35h (Nok), 18:50h (AirAsia) to Don Mueang

Is it enough time to get back to the airport?

You would have plenty of time to get to the airport in Udon even if you did not get your passport back until 3pm if the line was long.

It CAN be done if everything goes smoothly. However , just one glitch can throw your timings out.

The major issue is the getting there in time rather than the getting back. If you miss the cut off time to lodge your application it means an extra nights stay to lodge the next day .

You would hope that the first flight out of swampy for the day would not be late ......................but T I T .

At Udon Thani, I believe there is a mini bus service direct to border, or as said above .............taxi to central plaza and mini bus from there.

Exit Thailand is usually fast, onto bus over bridge............arrive Laos immigration. Thats where it could slow down--depending how busy they are.

But it gives you a chance to meet others and maybe arrange a taxi share direct to consulate.

The major issue is the getting there in time rather than the getting back.

That's the point.

The very first flight with NokAir, departing 5:55h, arriving 7:00h was in time over the last 5 days incl. today. Seems they were not affected by the trouble at NokAir.

For LionAir (6:20 - 7:25) there is no information available.

It CAN be done if everything goes smoothly. However , just one glitch can throw your timings out.

The major issue is the getting there in time rather than the getting back. If you miss the cut off time to lodge your application it means an extra nights stay to lodge the next day .

You would hope that the first flight out of swampy for the day would not be late ......................but T I T .

Yea I agree with this and decided not to risk so much.

Booked flight for Tuesday - arrival at 11am, submit application early Wednesday and fly Thursday 6:50pm