Commerce Ministry announces 8 goods barred from transfer in and out of Thailand

webfact

Commerce Ministry announces 8 goods barred from transfer in and out of Thailand

BANGKOK, 19 February 2016 (NNT)- The Ministry of Commerce has announces a list of 8 goods that have been barred from transfer through the Thai border by the United Nations.

The 8 goods that have been banned from being transferred in and out of Thailand include products that infringe upon intellectual property, reproductions of licensed goods, hookahs and E-Cigarettes, gaming devices, elephant products, ancient artifacts, Buddhist paraphernalia and caffeine.

Those caught attempting to leave or enter the country with such items will be fined and imprisoned as well as have the goods confiscated along with any implements for transport.

The ministry has also reminded that sensitive agricultural goods that can impact Thai farmers, such as tapioca, rice, wood and products that require World Trade Organization treaties to transport such as palm oil, animal feed corn, onions, garlic and milk have yet to be authorized for transfer from Thailand.

Those who wish to travel with such products must receive the proper documentation, which include verification of the goods' origins and their hygiene.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-19 footer_n.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BANGKOK, 19 February 2016 (NNT)- The Ministry of Commerce has announces a list of 8 goods that have been barred from transfer through the Thai border by the United Nations.

The 8 goods that have been banned from being transferred in and out of Thailand include products that infringe upon intellectual property, reproductions of licensed goods, hookahs and E-Cigarettes, gaming devices, elephant products, ancient artifacts, Buddhist paraphernalia and caffeine.

I don't quite understand this announcement.

Does it mean for commercial purposes?

I mean what about someone having an E-cigarette?

Also what do they mean "gaming devices"? Surely mobile phones are gaming devices.

I don't quite understand this announcement.

Does it mean for commercial purposes?

I mean what about someone having an E-cigarette?

Also what do they mean "gaming devices"? Surely mobile phones are gaming devices.

any purpose

Hookahs? Guess I'll have to leave the wife in Thailand next time I travel abroad.

more stupidity, cant these fools explain anything...so I buy 3 t-shirts with diferent logos on them (dont know what any of them mean) my bag is inspected at BKK so I am now charged with trying to export IP items..for gods sake its idiotic...as for the elephant I get that one (almost)

Edit for this ; After my knee jerk I had a thinkfacepalm.gif ...this is all to do with the UN Agenda 21 which is the main driving force behind TTP and TTIP and the Internet copyright control...they are getting into line like good little boys to remove our fredoms hence the war on Cash going on at the moment ...all about tracking and controlbah.gif

Edited by terryp

Maybe a "gaming machine" means the so called slot machines that take money. Surely not playstation and so on.

They were talking about IP infringements.. so I thought that they would mean games and as its hard to see the difference between real and fake they took the step to ban it all.

Must have been in my mind.

".....such as tapioca, rice, wood and products that require World Trade Organization treaties to transport such as palm oil, animal feed corn, onions, garlic and milk have yet to be authorized for transfer from Thailand. Those who wish to travel with such products must receive the proper documentation, which include verification of the goods' origins and their hygiene."

So you must have a shower first before travelling with an onion?

Edited by jonclark

My pet elephant is going to be sooooo disappointed that she won't get to visit Disney Land. rolleyes.gif

No problem, just put a slide of white-bread in each ear, and claim she's a sandwich ! facepalm.gif

But make sure to fly only on a jumbo-jet ? whistling.gif

As you might be able to tell, my hookah is already here, in fact I even have a spare, for the right price ! laugh.png

more stupidity, cant these fools explain anything...so I buy 3 t-shirts with diferent logos on them (dont know what any of them mean) my bag is inspected at BKK so I am now charged with trying to export IP items..for gods sake its idiotic...as for the elephant I get that one (almost)

Edit for this ; After my knee jerk I had a thinkfacepalm.gif ...this is all to do with the UN Agenda 21 which is the main driving force behind TTP and TTIP and the Internet copyright control...they are getting into line like good little boys to remove our fredoms hence the war on Cash going on at the moment ...all about tracking and controlbah.gif

The war on cash is progressing quite nicely, the 500 Euro to be gone and now discussing US $100 bill, that is definitely on the agenda for western countries and soon. Doubt though Thailand fortunately is in a state to be able to outlaw cash, too much cash used in markets, mom & pops etc.

That might be another reason to stay here, namely not having the government tracking your every expenditure and of course locking money into accounts to to raped by negative interest rates.

The war on cash is progressing quite nicely, the 500 Euro to be gone and now discussing US $100 bill, that is definitely on the agenda for western countries and soon. Doubt though Thailand fortunately is in a state to be able to outlaw cash, too much cash used in markets, mom & pops etc.

That might be another reason to stay here, namely not having the government tracking your every expenditure and of course locking money into accounts to to raped by negative interest rates.

Can you give us some links for this -

and now discussing US $100 bill.....

General circulation news other than some conspiracy theory publications preferred.........wink.png

I find it funny that you can not take anything Buddhist related out of Thailand. I mean the statues are on sale everywhere in Thailand, so are they going to stop every tourist who has paid money for a product not to take it home with them plus maybe fining them as well. Ridiculous, really considering that supposedly the Lord Buddha told his followers to not create idols of him. Thailand went 1000% opposite of what he asked his followers to do.