Need recommendations on a good air cond. repair man in Pattaya

how241

I have a 1.5 year old LG that make rattling noises...I am hoping to get some recent recommendations of a good air cond. repair man in Pattaya. I am located in a small condo near Pattaya Klang(Pattaya Central)... I am hoping to get his phone # and not answer many questions on the A/C unit problems. I just want the repair man to come out a look at it and fix it...The man who installed it is no longer working. Thanks for your help.

topt, on 19 Feb 2016 - 23:13, said:

Try PK Air - Khun Pittaya speaks reasonable English - 0813449052

I found him very professional - but busy......

Another rec from here is Irishaircon - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/618253-best-air-con-service-in-pattaya/?hl=%2Bair+%2Bcon+%2Bservice

I used them once but found PK to be better value. YMMV

Thanks--I got a appt. with PK Air on Tuesday. Yes, they are busy but that is usually a good sign. Thanks again.

Numchai does a pretty good job also. As a backup.

Numchai did a good job for me installing my air-con, and they serviced/cleaned it correctly once or twice, but the last time they came they barely cleaned it at all so I haven't bothered with them since. I suppose it's all down to the mood of the staff on the day, as it so often is here. For repairs I probably would call them again if I couldn't find anyone else.

PK Air cleaned mine but it needed doing again under 4 months later (the problem was low air flow which presumably indicates that they didnt do it very well the previous time: normally it doesnt need doing even after 6 months, though I always have it done every 6 months regardless). They didnt clean the outside compressor at all the first time. And they are woefully badly equipped with tools, though they arent alone in that. At the very least a team who only clean air-cons should have a decent working water spray with an angled jet that doesn't leak. It's not as if they do it for free. They did make the best of what they had though and the job was done better the second time.

PK arent that busy as they always seem able to come the next working day, or in two working days at most.

The above comments are about the cleaning team: I suspect that the people who do repairs (the owner, I think) are better.

Irish Air didnt even reply to my enquiries, so nuts to them.

Edited by KittenKong

We had a great group of guys do our units for a few years. Then, they just disappeared. Numchai installed a new AC unit and gave us a coupon for a free cleaning. We used it and were somewhat satisfied. I'll try PK Air next time. Which should be soon as the weather is warming quickly!

Amazing at how much junk comes out during the cleaning. Yuck.

Yes, his English was good enough to give him my condo address and explain the problem...What was REALLY amazing was that I called him at 1:15pm and he said he would be out at my place at 2:30pm...He called me from the condo lobby at 2:30pm to get me to open the door...Right on time !!!! For that reason alone, I will now use him as my air cond. repair man...

His website : http://www.aoservice...a.com/index.php .....He did say that his Thai wife speaks limited English, so speak directly to him...He answered the phone when I called...He charged me 500 baht ...No parts or Freon was required ...It's working good right now...

Glad you got it fixed quickly - and hope you cancelled PK smile.png

How did you find him?

topt, on 21 Feb 2016 - 15:30, said:
how241, on 21 Feb 2016 - 11:42, said:

His website : http://www.aoservice...a.com/index.php .....He did say that his Thai wife speaks limited English, so speak directly to him...He answered the phone when I called...He charged me 500 baht ...No parts or Freon was required ...It's working good right now...

Glad you got it fixed quickly - and hope you cancelled PK smile.png

How did you find him?

I immediately cancelled PK (yesterday)...I found him through another thread on a/c repairs.

KittenKong, on 21 Feb 2016 - 23:04, said:

500B for twenty minutes' work from one person is quite expensive.

OK- up to you...He came with a helper and came to my condo within 1 hour of when I called him and it was Saturday...I was very happy with the price... His shop is far away ...There is driving time up +back...

KittenKong, on 21 Feb 2016 - 23:04, said:

500B for twenty minutes' work from one person is quite expensive.

Please tell me what YOU think is a fair price to pay for a 'service call' where the repair man comes out 'on-time' and it is Saturday and he is SUCESSFUL in fixing the problem ??? Thanks

KittenKong, on 22 Feb 2016 - 07:51, said:

Three people spending more than an hour to clean my air-con (with equipment and some materials) costs 400B.

Bear in mind than an average monthly wage here is around 15-20kB for someone competent and trained.

A cleaning appt. is different as they will schedule many in one day....A cleaning is different in that you don't really care when they come out-this week, next week....My service call was a "Please come NOW" service call, on late Saturday afternoon...He also brought his helper with too but the helper was not needed...You need to consider the time and gas was a repair man make special 'on-the-spot' trip JUST to see you...Even if he would have asked for 300-400 baht, I still would have tipped him and gave him the 500 baht.

Three people spending more than an hour to clean my air-con (with equipment and some materials) costs 400B.

Bear in mind than an average monthly wage here is around 15-20kB for someone competent and trained.

A cleaning appt. is different as they will schedule many in one day....A cleaning is different in that you don't really care when they come out-this week, next week....My service call was a "Please come NOW" service call, on late Saturday afternoon...He also brought his helper with too but the helper was not needed...You need to consider the time and gas was a repair man make special 'on-the-spot' trip JUST to see you...Even if he would have asked for 300-400 baht, I still would have tipped him and gave him the 500 baht.

My cleaning appointment was made for the next day. I paid no extra for that. As to what they do the rest of the day, that's their business not mine and I dont expect to pay for that either.

I dont see that 20 minutes' air-con work is worth 500B in Thailand and where I come from you dont tip business owners at all, only staff who do a very good job. And even then 10% is considered correct.

KittenKong, on 22 Feb 2016 - 18:02, said:
how241, on 22 Feb 2016 - 13:34, said:
KittenKong, on 22 Feb 2016 - 07:51, said:

My cleaning appointment was made for the next day. I paid no extra for that. As to what they do the rest of the day, that's their business not mine and I dont expect to pay for that either.

I dont see that 20 minutes' air-con work is worth 500B in Thailand and where I come from you dont tip business owners at all, only staff who do a very good job. And even then 10% is considered correct.

Please answer the question...Please answer and tell me , in BAHT, what do you think is the fair or correct charge for his service ???

"Please tell me what YOU think is a fair price to pay for a 'service call' where the repair man comes out 'on-time' and it is Saturday and he is SUCESSFUL in fixing the problem ??? Thanks"

And for all your cheapness you have said yourself the service you have received hasn't been great. The OP had a good experience and was saying how much he paid, its not then up to you to shout him down. Back under your bridge troll.

I know that 500 baht was a lot for 25 minutes work but I appreciated that he came quickly and on-time and was able to successfully fix it...I know the 'old story' about NOT tipping the owner but I almost always give a small tip to everyone and I always get a Great Big smile and thank you... His shop is far away from my condo and I'm sure it took him 45 minutes to drive to me with all the Pattaya traffic. On a motorbike it would have been half that time but he is in a truck...and really, how little could I give him ?? 200 ?? 300 ?? ....Even if he asked for only 300 baht, I would have given him 500 anyway...

Please answer the question...Please answer and tell me , in BAHT, what do you think is the fair or correct charge for his service ???

"Please tell me what YOU think is a fair price to pay for a 'service call' where the repair man comes out 'on-time' and it is Saturday and he is SUCESSFUL in fixing the problem ??? Thanks"

In my building technician prices are 75B per half hour. Seems reasonable by Thai standards. Add half an hour for transport, if you like. Saturday is a normal working day and so totally irrelevant.

And for all your cheapness you have said yourself the service you have received hasn't been great. The OP had a good experience and was saying how much he paid, its not then up to you to shout him down. Back under your bridge troll.

Ridiculous. I paid the standard price for air-con cleaning as requested. Sometimes the job was done well and on other occasions the job was done badly, by exactly the same people at exactly the same price. As far as I can see this is just normal local incompetence and has nothing to do with the amount they are paid.

And I wasn't shouting anyone down: just giving my opinion along with my experience of some of the air-con technicians mentioned.

KittenKong, on 23 Feb 2016 - 08:31, said:
how241, on 22 Feb 2016 - 18:16, said:

In my building technician prices are 75B per half hour. Seems reasonable by Thai standards. Add half an hour for transport, if you like. Saturday is a normal working day and so totally irrelevant.

So using your numbers, I should pay 75 baht or IF I want to be really nice, give another 75 baht for transport = for a price range of 75-150 MAX...Sounds good IF you can find someone who will work for those low wages...Good Luck !!!

Sorry, but I TOTALLY disagree with you and those low numbers.