Thai police on high alert over possible IS terror threat

rooster59

Thai police on high alert over possible IS terror threat

post-247607-0-72029200-1455942553_thumb.

BANGKOK:-- Police have said they will be increasing security at major locations throughout Thailand after the US embassy reportedly issued a warning of a possible attack from the so called Islamic State (IS) group.

Pol Gen Sriwara Ransibhramanakul yesterday told reporters that he has ordered security to be stepped up at crowded locations such as tourists destinations, shopping malls, airports and transportation hubs. Immigration officers have also been instructed to increase security at all border checkpoints.

Pol Gen Sriwara stressed that whilst no specific threat had been made, the police and security officials in Thailand would not be taking any chances and that all threats regardless of severity will be taken seriously by the authorities.

Police say that information received from a source at the US embassy warned of a possible plot to attack shopping malls and transportation hubs in Bangkok.

The warning that IS may be planning to launch a terrorist attack in Thailand comes just two months after Khaosod English published what it claimed to be a leaked memo which said that 10 IS terrorists had entered Thailand and were planning to carry out attacks targeting western tourists.

The memo cited intelligence information from the Russian FSB which said that Syrian terrorists had travelled to Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-02-20

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Bayoke tower a couple of weeks ago and that is prime spot, There was zero security in the building all the way up to the top, Bombers could be long gone out the country by time a timer had gone off!..... Loads of nooks and crannies to hide a bomb...... Our group couldn't believe how lax it was!

What? Wait, what? Were we not told recently that Thailand is safe as there is no IS activity here? So this cannot be correct.

It seems the USA has done THEIR undercover work for LOS.....thumbsup.gif

It could be coming from intercepts they've gotten in other countries????? I hope this isn't true. These terrorists kill too many innocent civilians. All in the name of "God". Crazy.

I was in Bayoke tower a couple of weeks ago and that is prime spot, There was zero security in the building all the way up to the top, Bombers could be long gone out the country by time a timer had gone off!..... Loads of nooks and crannies to hide a bomb...... Our group couldn't believe how lax it was!

I just hope that ISIS doesn't read read Thai Visa.

What? Wait, what? Were we not told recently that Thailand is safe as there is no IS activity here? So this cannot be correct.

Really scary that the CIA seems to know way more about all the freaking Jihad warriors and sleepers here in Thailand.

It could be coming from intercepts they've gotten in other countries????? I hope this isn't true. These terrorists kill too many innocent civilians. All in the name of "God". Crazy.

Allah Akbar.- blink.png

Money is still no object for these killers just look at the Toyota brigade in the photo all in good condition,

having the ability to share the money, pay people to look the other way , a sleeping monster just waiting , sometimes these annoucments are about re-enforcing vigilance, and

against alarm and panic,

be careful in the jungle,

A lower priority than those old reprobates at the Bridge Club.

don't cha jus luv Clint's definition ................ but the cap doesn't fit !

-------------------------------

low life scum-sucking piece of worthless donkey crap
"Everyone calls my sister in law a reprobate because she sleeps with three different men, leeches money off of me, robs children and beats up helpless homeless people."
by Clint Eastwo0d September 26, 2005

I remember times when all bars and restaurants in Pattaya had signs " No fragging Arabs allowed." This isn't a racist comment, just a fact how it once was.

These days you could have thousands of terrorists hiding in Chonburi province alone, they got their own bars, look down on us and I'll never forget when they're trying to surround my wife when we were on a holiday in Pattaya with our son.

It's clear that they would like to rule the world and it might be worth to think about all the sleepers in certain countries, ready to blow themselves up with a self made bomb, just to kill many innocent people.

The south of this country is a great example what's actually going on. Tamil Tigers are also using Thailand to plan their attacks on Sri Lanka.

I'm just wondering how much the "intelligence" knows about all these guys? Scary in my eyes. blink.png

Edited by lostinisaan

I find it odd that your group even discussed the opportunity for terrorist attack. Are you so worried about terrorism everywhere you go?

I remember times when all bars and restaurants in Pattaya had signs " No fragging Arabs allowed." This isn't a racist comment, just a fact how it once was.

These days you could have thousands of terrorists hiding in Chonburi province alone, they got their own bars, look down on us....

So the Arabs are doing what the whites used to do? (Still do?)

I find it odd that your group even discussed the opportunity for terrorist attack. Are you so worried about terrorism everywhere you go?

You couldn't help but notice the lack of security, The observation came from my brother who worked for the police in the UK!.

High security Thai style and high security UK style are poles apart I'm afraid!!

Money is still no object for these killers just look at the Toyota brigade in the photo all in good condition,

having the ability to share the money, pay people to look the other way , a sleeping monster just waiting , sometimes these annoucments are about re-enforcing vigilance, and

against alarm and panic,

be careful in the jungle,

This is a photo that keeps being shown and re-used. These barefooted monkeys gathered together all the Toyota pickups in reasonable condition that they had and paraded them, with their usual knack for publicity. "WE ARE AN ARMY, LOOK!"