Pratumnak Gridkock part 278399

SidJames

Traffic was brutal once again last night on Thappraya Rd & Pratumnak.

It took me over 30 mins to get to Pratumnak after coming up from Jomtien at about 6.30pm.

Coaches pulling out & blocking through traffic going both ways & inconsiderate motorbike drivers making life miserable.

God knows what it's going to be like when all the condo blocks being build around Cosy, sois 4 & 5 & on the Hill itself are completed.

Long weekends, make most places no go areas.

Traffic all over Jomtien and Pattaya will only get worse.

It will not improve, even after the next 10 years of upcoming Tunnel projects

around town. shock1.gifshock1.gifshock1.gif

Only solution is move away, or get a bike

Can still get all around town on bikes. wai2.gif

It took ages to get across the Pattaya Tai and Third Raod junction yesterday lunchtime. I was blaming the damn holiday traffic but when we finally got to the junction it was because of a burst water main. They had a digger in the middle of the road working on it, the area was fenced off and there was a cop directing the traffic, so that three lanes of traffic on Third Road was reduced to a single lane. After that Third Road to Klang was quiet, no holiday traffic problems at all.

It's very true motorcycles rule. I too live in Cosy Beach for the last 15 months. Those tour buses cause gridlock and the park illegally sometimes as many as a dozen creating a massive bottleneck.

I have tried to call Tourist Police to see if they would be responsive to my request to control that area. I have never had any luck as the phone goes unanswered.

If the police who have a small substation at the intersection near the outdoor gym did there job and cited the buses for parking illegally traffic flow would be much improved. Sometimes it's at a standstill and only motorcycles can navigate. Since the majority of the buses drop of the Chinese it's doubtful that the big boss does anything to alleviate this reoccurring problem. It must be addressed!

When are they going to build a Macro/Big C Extra/Lotus or a decent shopping mall on the dark side? Then I'd never need to battle Pattaya traffic again.

I have heard that Big C are opening a large store on the darkside. Could be in the new Shopping Mall being built in Khao Noi (Boonsampan)

When are they going to build a Macro/Big C Extra/Lotus or a decent shopping mall on the dark side? Then I'd never need to battle Pattaya traffic again.

I have heard that Big C are opening a large store on the darkside. Could be in the new Shopping Mall being built in Khao Noi (Boonsampan)

That's a lot of outlay of money

For the same customers. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe one of them will break ranks one day and build one for you.

Then you will have them all, very quickly.

One day wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

On the bad days if I really need to I will go to the Tesco on Chaiyapruke 2. Though today I had to go to the Big C on Suk near Pattaya Tai. Got in and out early as no desire to get stuck in the traffic in the middle of the city. Living in the middle of Pattaya would be the absolute pits for traffic and my commiserations to those who suffer.

Maybe they will build some more drains tunnels to improve traffic flow.

Cheers